Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshCrusader

Reaction score
This story is based off a database I have created based around the Singaporean foorball league, what I have done is remove all but 20 Singaporean teams and then added two other teams to the 2nd division to create a 10 team S-League & a 12 team Prime League.

In addition to this the teams will contest for the Singapoie Cup where the winner will qualify for Asian Confederation Cup & the following season play in the Charity Shield against the S-League champions. Also there will be a match between representatives of East Singapore & West Singapore.

Certain players CA/PA have been upgraded whilst one ro two people now have Singaporean nationality/eligible to play for Singapore but I have not done this to give Singapore the upper hand as it seems the team overall needs a huge adrenaline kick as does the entirety of the league.

So here begins my story in its second attempt.

opmzyt.png

Singapore, an island nation, situated between Malaysia & Indonesia, a land of proud traditions and now it seems a nation intent on being the greatest footballing team to emerge.

For a long time Singapore has been one of the smaller guys of Asian football but now the Football Association of Singapore has decided to revamp and redo their league once more into a more cohesive state.

The teams being welcomed back into the S-League structure fold include;

Dalian Shide Singapore, Sporting Afrique, Super Reds, Liaoning Guanyang, DPMM of Brunei, Tanjong Pagar, Jurong, Sembawang, Central Park & new teams Etoile FC & Singapore Crusaders*

FAS president Zainudin bin Nordin had this to say about Ryan Gwyther's appointment

"The tradition of emploting foreign coaches at Singapore will continue for the foreseeable future, Mr. Gwyther is a former Welsh international and has played at the highest domestic level possible and garnered himself many internation caps before succumbing to an injury, he will usher in, what we feel a new era for our young talent such as Jasper Chan, Afiq Yunos, Gabriel Quak & the prodigal Haris Harun, now I turn you over to Mr Gwyther himself."

"How would you rate this job in terms of where you want to be right now in your career?"

"Easy, my dream has always been to manage my hometown club Swansea City or Liverpool but I've always felt intrigued by international management and to be honest this is a dream come true as I now get to hone my skills and learn new ways of footballing"

"What of your current crop of players and tactics you will be employing, will you be reserved like the previous manager? And what of the Singaporean 'golden generation', what do you make of them?"

"Tactics wise I prefer to be attacking and will encourage play after play after play, football like it was meant to be played and the golden generation is a term I feel puts too much burden on young players, look at Portugal & England's 'golden generations', they failed to win anything at senior level, whereas I expect to take this team to the next world cup in Brazil as we have missed the qualifiers for 2010 and at the moment we are sitting on the edge of Asian Nations Cup qualification which I must cut this press conference short as Ithe match starts tomorrow & I have yet to speak with my squad"

"One more question Mr Gwyther?! We are playing rivals Thailand...nervous?"

"Nervous... let them field a team of elephants and we will fight back with a team of Lions"

A multitude of foreign coaches today flew in to Singapore at the request of Ryan Gwyther to bolster hisbackroom staff, the Singaporean staff were all told they were not to needed for the time being as he felt that they should focus on club level and produce players that will dominate Asian and world football rather than get capped 80 times and be mediocre.

A new kit deal that was being negotiated by the FSA & nike came to a quick agreement after Ryan Gwyther stepped in to push the deal through as it was felt that Nike may pull out due to FSA timewasting, now the national squad will play in new jerseys with more to be made fo the general populace soon after. Also added to the mix is a new national logo to emphasis Singaporean history and culture.

2ajas5k.png

* Created them from an existing team as I had the team logo already in a megapack

Good luck on this bro and hopefully you keep this story going 8-|

Good luck mate......like the answer to the last question,will follow

Haha, looks pretty good mate and a good challenge. Best of luck :)

k3j3m.png

The recently constructed home of Singaporean football 'The Singapore Arena' played host to neighbouring rivals Thailand and a near sellout crowd of 84625 turned up to witness young captai and future star Hariss Harun bag two goals and team mate Fairoz Hasan bagging one shortly before the break.

The match in honesty was a dogged affiair with Singapore getting many shots on target but failing to keep hold of possession much. But a victory is a victory nonetheless and my boys have done me proud. Now to scour the world for anyone with a bit ofn Singaporean blood or any claims for eligibility. My job as national coach isn't just to make good players great, its to make singaporean football itself great and I know I run the risk if I promote the use of foreigners but look at our league... Dalian, Guo'an, Etoile, Sporting Afrique, DPMM, Super Reds & Albirex all foreign national teams.

Personally I am throwing my weight behind Singapore Crusaders this season, they seem to be the new boys on the block representing Singaporean players and I firmly believe that maybe not this season but within the next five years a team from Singapore will win the Asian Champions League.

Anyway onto the next game... IRAN!
The leaders of our group are our next challenge, they have already qualified for the tournament and anything less than a scenario where Jordan draw and we draw is a no-no.

So I'm hoping this squad that whooped Thailand's elephants stays in shape as roll on the Persians as the Lions are ready to tear you apart...​

Wow you crushed SEA powerhouse Thailand easily! KIU! (H)

Anyway, i'm almost done with creating a cut out facepack for Singapore national squad if you're interested 8-|

I will definetly be mate.....when will it be finished

Just click on my sig and i will put that up in my OP once it's done :)

zlxnuq.png

Sing Sing, Sing For Singapore

"Congratulations on the victory, how does it feel being the man who has taken Singapore to the Asian Nations Cup for the first time since 1984?"

"Well I cannot take all the credit, my players and the previous management laid down the foundations, I only..improved on them in my own way. But no the achievement is a great one and it was ****** lovely seeing the youth emerge and give no quarter"

"Today a stalwart of the Singaporean game Aleksandar Duric announced his retirement from the international game, do you think his was in part to your removal of him from the national squad and indeed your 'elite squad'?"

"No I do not think my decision to remove Aleksandar from my national pool was a deciding factor, I think Aleksandar knows that at his age his appearances would be very few and far between and with several youth players making a name for themselves at under 19 & 21 level it is understandable that at 39 he would try and focus on club football with SAAFC & for that I commend him, he is not one of the players who cling on too long in a vain attempt at power, he knows that a new era is starting and to be quite honest, he started off football in Australia before moving here and from being a Bosnian national in the old Yugoslavia to becoming a legend in Singapore, that is no simple achievement."

"You gave debuts today to Vijay Vikneshwaran, Romanian Christian Bogdan & Young Lions full back Madhun Mohana with rumours also saying Bogdan's fellow Romanian-Singaporean Christian Braceveanu was in line for a debut until injury forced him to pull out. Is youth a main perogative right for you and the direction you will take the team in? And will young foreign talent emerging in Singapore be used if they later become eligible?"

"Certainly youth is my aim at the moment, bringing them through whilst older squad members liek Precious & Wilkinson help out is the aim right now as I feel these youngsters will become stronger quicker and as a result they will be able to bring up younger players faster and faster and we will have a team of players playing at the best time of their careers. With regards to eligibility to me it is foolish if I don't take a look if they can do the job regardless of age. I am sorry gentlemen but time is short and the girlfriend has ordered that I take her for a nice meal and spend 'our money"​

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

4ugqrk.png

Singapore 1-3 Northern Ireland

Despite taking the lead on the cusp of half time the Ulstermen foguth back straight from kick off at the blow of the whistle for the second period and took apart the Singaporean team who gave debuts to the youngsters of the S-League but unfortunately errors caused by veteran Precious and up and coming youngster Afiq Yunos cost the Lions a victory and any form of result.

Manager Ryan Gwyther soon after the match gave these comments

"I saw a lot of shoddy work out there, a lot, we got lucky with our goal but somehow they just came back and ripped us apart and to be honest I wont name names but certain players needed to step up and they didnt and I will be keeping a close eye on their club form with regards to whether I select them for the international double header soon"

Certain sources within the camp believe this refers to Precious as for the past two games Precious' workrate has come under fire from Gwyther and he sees the elder statesman of the team as a problem.
Sources also claim that Gwyther has put his name forward on more than one occassion as a candidate for his hometown team Swansea City back in the Coca Cola Championship, if offered this job it may see an end to his tenure as Singapore coach.

In other news the bright young starlets of Singapore have secured moves abroad with others rumoured for a switch, the golden boys are listed as below;

Hariss Harun - £350,000 - A.C. Milan
Gabriel Quak - £375,000 - Juventus
Eugene Luo - £475,000 - Juventus
Fairoz Hasan - £1,300,000 - Lazio

Gwyther happy that big clubs in Italy have come in for their players and hopefully will mature and learn a new style of football to compliment his own tactics but the move of Hariss Harun angered Gwyther in some respects, not because he left Singapore but the fact Harun's former club Young Lions' manager Thambiah Pathmanathan refused to give Harun an extension on his contract that only had a year to run, a move Gwyther criticised for two reasons.

"It shows complete and utter naivety for him to lose THE best player they have and sell a lot more of their starlets to the highest bidder BUT they were refused contract extensions, they were refused the chance to keep playing in Singapore for maybe a year or two longer which they wanted but I give them credit for choosing the right teams for them and I wish them success, I'm just dissapointed with him (Pathmanathan) right now"

Also just announced youngs triker Khalili D'Cruaz has moved to Villareal of Spian for a reported fee of £525,000

The next International matches for Singapore are East Timor away, Gabon at home.
Followed by Cosat Rica at home and El Salvador at the Singapore Arena.

Wow,Harris to AC Milan,brilliant if only that happened in Real Life

The international double header arranged by the FSA today started with the victory of East Timor, a match where the youth of Singapore were favoured as opposed to the senior players with Khalili D'Cruaz, Obadin Aikhena & Irwin Shah the bigger names amongst the debutants.

Despite the vicotyr the 1-0 scoreline was not the rout many had expected but expectations had grown since the qualification into the Asian Cup.

"One Nil isn't exactly the scoreline I had been anticipating but we are working towards something better and I feel the Gabon match will show us if we have a good foundation for the next few matches and eventually the tournament itself"

1415put.jpg

2mg79e8.png

Full match report to follow...

---------- Post added at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

A change from the usual 4-4-2 to a more offensive 4-3-3 with both full backs becoming wong backs seemed to pay dividends for Singapore despite going into the second half two goals to one down but a qiuick response within 15 minutes of the second half led Singapore to believe that they could achieve a shock victory over an undoubtedly stronger Gabon team.

It was not to be, Gabon showed their class after several errors by the young Singapore team and an own goal by Precious, but Ryan Gwyther is expected not to be angry with him as the mistake was entirely Striker Hasan's mistake as he allowed the Gabonese forwards the chance to shoot after a bad piece of defending.

"I m gobsmacked, for every positive out there I saw two or three negatives, I refused to play defensive football and I saw many great attacking plays, even when they hit goal number six I saw my team push forward and in all fairness the game was extremely even BUT we messed up pure and simple, every time we went forward we couldnt make it count and they could and to concede seven goals is abysmal even if we scored 4, this is NOT the football I want to play. I dont care if we play pretty, I care if we win or lose and once again I have to rethink my strategies"

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

2vtcshx.png

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:54 PM ----------

Costa Rica. The next challengers to the Lions and they would be a good one, a chance for us to face a team with a similar reputation to Gabon and a chance for us to redeem ourselves. Except after 17 minutes we feel back into our old routine of being flashy but being ****** useless at the back.

The pre match conference went well, with a lot of people enquiring about how young the team was.

"An average age of twenty is what the stats say. Do you honestly think a team made of kids can compete with men, look what happened when we played Gabon, we were destroyed"

"And how do you propose we win matches my good man? Throwing the kids in at the deep end isn't my way, take a look at the S-League & Prime League's avarage age for players, it gets lower and lower each year, most of the teams are populated by 16-18 year olds and you have the nerve to say that I am forcing them too fast. This is how you make MEN and LIONS! Not by wrapping them in cotton wool by making them fight for their place in the team, making them fight to be part of Singapore's finest and making them want to be part of a Singapore team that has its eyes on all the prizes.. or would you rather us go back to the dark ages and just field a team of 37 year olds? Leave the footballing matters to myself and just report what I have to say."

"Costa Rica. A good choice of opponent but what of your players themselves, will they rise to this challenge following the loss to Gabon?"

"Yes. Although I wont deny Gabon did rip a lot of confidence from the lads but I thoroughly expect a better performance and I know they can provide me with it"

"Celso Borges is the main threat for Singapore, whom do you intend on stifling him should he play?"

"Precious. Yes I know, I have been down on the lad lately for his performances and his confidence took another nosedive when he conceded the own goal BUT I want him ready to marshal the back line and I will be proud if he does, he has talent, I just want him to utilise it"

The match started off even but the deadlock cast wide open on seventeen minutes when Costa Rican striker Alvario Saborio smashed home a beautifully executed strike and with Costa Rica maintaining the lions share of the possession and chances the Young Lions of Singapore were being stifled creatively and it seemed as if the new freeplay 4-4-2 tactic wasnt working right.

Come half time and a switch to a more freeplaying yet stable at the back defensive-attacking 4-3-3 saw wonders.

FAIROZ HASAN! two goals and a missed penalty saw the game sealed for Singapore but if it wasnt for Tacio, the former Brazilian under 21 International with 56 caps under his belt who switched nationality to Singaporean after signing for S-League club Young Lions*

Tacio opened his Singapore account with a perfect volley on 51 minutes, allowing the Lions to get in the game and with an overdue victory over superior opposition completed the team can now turn its attention to El Salvador and then in January 2011 the draw for the Asian Nations Cup.

2gw6pgo.png

* edited but for storyline purposes lets just say he was given nationality so he could work and well, make a pretty penny.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:00 AM ----------

quick update.

Singapore 2 El Salvador 1

a nice little match, nothing special to speak of, just another victory for the lions

Two other up and coming stars of Singaporean football have secured transfers to Europe;

Irwin Shah secured a £1,200,000 move to Portuguese giants Porto whilst central attacking midfielder Hafiz Abu Sajad moved to French club Lyon after his club Young Lions agreed £600,000 transfer fee.

Young Lions today were hailed as the best environment for young players as it seems every one of the top stars now playing their trade abroad have come from the Young Lions academy. And if reports are to be confirmed Afiq Yunos & Jasper Chan are set for moves abroad also with Guimaraes of Portugal & Bochum of Germany bidding for them respectively.

Now onto the Bosnia-Herzegovina match. update to follow soon

Singaporean players getting the chance to play in Europe. That's great~! KIU mate! (H)

SingaporeNationalTeam.jpg

The national team today celebrates as well as the rest of Singapore a succesful Asian Nations Cup campaign having qualified in 2010 and from February 2011 faced higher opposition in the form of China & Bosnia-Herzegovina in friendlies and taking them apart 3-2 and 3-0 respectively as well as a victory over a Maldives XI, the build up to the Asian Nations Cup was big, the nation had waited nearly 30 years for even an appearance at Asia's premier international competition.

In Group C along with Singapore were South Korea; undoubtedly the biggest threat to everyone. Iran; a team that Singapore had played to get here & Indonesia; local rivals and a match to behold for any football 'expert'

"Group of Death... cliche or genuine description of the situation?"
"Haha, yeah I guess you could say that. The group will be a tough one but it will be a good one"

"Indonesia versus Singapore. How are your nerves for that one?"
"To be honest, excited but shaking. I want it to come quickly so we can get it over with.. I joke. I want to grind them down and make my team know that THEY are the best in the region and maybe in Asia"

"South Korea up first. your expected result?"
"I expect to get a point. minimum. but we have the urge and desire to win"

South Korea 0
Singapore 2

A surprisingly easy match for the Lions as they swept South Korea aside as if they were nothing when in all honesty the reserve was expected. The goalscorers in this match were Nicholas Chai with a contreversial penalty and star forward Khalili D'Cruz slammed another home.

After the match it was announced that both Christian Bogdan & Vikneshwaran, both forwards who unsigned but had untapped potential and had been capped by Gwyther had decided to retire at the ages of 21. Gwyther was heard to be dissappointed with this outcome but understood, Vikneshwaran had failed to agree terms on a contrcat with any foreign or S-League club and had decided to retire as his 'passion' had died.

Indonesia 1
Singapore 2

The craft Indonesians struck after 13 minutes to bring the high flying Singaporeans to their knees, but two late goals from the Lions put an end to that defiance. Tacio emerging as the saviour of Singapore.

Iran 0
Singapore 0

A bore draw. Singapore used the unused players in this match just to give them a good test to see if they can force their way into the first team and they held on quite well giving Iran a scare but a no score draw is the result

Quarter Finals

Singapore 2
China 1

Semi Finals

Singapore 1
Australia 0

FINAL!!!!!

After much hard work and seeing his team grind out results with ease and also with strength Ryan Gwyther's hard work paid off today with a victory in the final over Iran. a crowd of 50000 turned up to see the multiple time winners Iran take on neecomers Singapore and it seemed that another title for the Persians was not on the agenda as Singapore took them for two goals to nil setting up scenes of hysteria across Singapore. They had done it, skipper Hariss Harun & vice Captain Precious both accepted the trophy knowing finally that their hard work had paid off dividends and now WC2014 qualification would now seem possible for once.

"It was a fantastic set of results for the boys and you clearly are very proud of them"
"Oh you seriously dont understand what it is like for a manager like me, and this is my first jon to come to a foreign country and basically demand everything change and for it to be gifted to you on a silver platter and to enarly lose my job after a bad bunch of results especially Gabon and now to see myself and my kids lifting this trophy. It is unbelievable. I mean, players like Hariss & Eugene who are playing abroad have become stronger and by the time the WC2014 rolls around I can expect them to be much stronger and for them to be helping the next generation of kids to come through. I have a long term aiam that by the time these guys hit 32-34 that they will be entering their final international days with awards and hopefully if the FAS gets off its ****, hosting a world cup."

Fireworks+at+Singapore+Fireworks+Festival.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.