Status
Not open for further replies.

WelshCrusader

Reaction score
This thread uses a databse I have created for the game, it is a revamp of the Singaporean leagues featuring some now defunct teams from Singapore and also editing some other minor teams from across the globe and introducing them into the S-League.

What follows is my attempt to manouevre throughout the two main leagues & develop the youth of whatever club & nation I am at. 'Expansion' teams for this league include;

1. FC Zebra of East Timor
2. Vitoria of East Timor (Edited)
3. DPMM of Brunei
4. Etoile FC (French Players)
5. Super Reds (Korean Players)
6. Liaoning (Chinese Players)
7. Albirex (Japanese Players)

I had aimed to create othe teams that could only play certain nationalities but to no avail. What now follows is the trials and tribulations of a Welshman in Singapore

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Other leagues I have up and running include the English Leagues from the premier to coca cola league 2.

In addition to other teams I have edited I have created new stadiums for the national team and for the league teams themselves allowing for expansion and in the future possible hosting of a major tournament.

So here begins the tale.

Majulah Singapura... A Welshman In Singapore

Jetlag...is a *****. I mean it. Seriously a pain in the **** but oh well, I didn't spend nearky a day in a plane for nothing. Business is business and even if it takes me from my girlfriend it is something that needs to be done, how else can she afford to spend so much.

14th July & I'm waiting at whatever airport services Singapore and to be honest my mood is awful, not great for me as I have to meet several potential employers today. Bad omens afoot.

Three job offers from three different clubs in the newly revamped S-League two of them being expansion teams from East Timor and the other being Geylang United, a stalwart of the Singaporean football foundations.

From what I know about East Timor it isn't exactly a nice place to live but it is improving, or at least I hope so now following the investment both owners of the Clubs playing in the league have done. Seems they want the teams to literally divide but unite the small nation and to me that is a challenge you never get, huge teams rise and some fall, usually its one big club per city but per Nation?! & to be THE manager who creates the first succesful East Timorese team? There is the challenge in itself, after weighing up the offers from both FC Zebra & the new team in E.Timor ,Vitoria, I chose the latter just because I felt that FC Zebra already had the advanatge of being a couple of years older formed and Vitoria were the future.

So it was settled, as of the 14th July 2009, Ryan Gwyther, former Welsh international whose career was ended by a severe leg injury caused not by one but by TWO England players, was announced as Vitoria manager with a press conference to be held within the next few days.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

First duty as of today. Evaluating and removing the dead weight form the team. From what I've seen it is obvious that East Timor is NO powerhouse and their players are far far FAAAAAAAAR short of being acceptable for my needs, which means a LOT of pre season training and matches.

First match being against our under 19 squad, a closed doors match which saw the first team run out 2-0 winners, not an impressive match to be quite honest, perhaps our tour of Cambodia will allow me to formulate who will remain.

Looking at the youth team it seems that a massive overhaul is neede there but my request for improving the youth academy is met with 'we do not have enough funds right now'. It seems I must be the one to make these funds appear.

Six foreign players bought for the team to add a bit more resolve to the mix, unfortunately no one told me about the 6+5 rule in use within the league so severance terms have had to be made with one of our newer signings, Junior, a brazilian striker aged 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.