Dave1875

Reaction score
Ok, playing as Hibs (obv) in my first season. Usually play a 4-4-2 with wingers or a 4-1-2-2-1 with wingers.

Usual starting eleven is

GK: Craig Gordon (goalkeeper)

RB: Tim Clancy (Fullback D)
CB: James McPake or Paul Hanlon (Limited Defender X)
CB: Marc McAusland (Limited Defender X)
LB: Ryan McGivern (Fullback D)

CM: Kevin Thomson (Central Midfielder D)
CM: Scott Robertson (Box-To-Box Midfielder S)

AMR: David Wotherspoon (Winger S)
AML: Liam Craig/Matty Done (Winger S)

ST: Leigh Griffiths (Advanced Forward A)
ST: Billy McKay (Defensive Forward S)

for the 4-1-2-2-1 formation I usually move one of the strikers into the DM position where I play either Jorge Claros or Tom Taiwo as an Anchor Man D

Pretty strong looking side on paper right? right? WRONG! Whilst we score goals without a problem the defence are just utterly hopeless, concede the most sloppy, jammiest goals I've seen on FM. And that's even with setting training focus to defending. And all my centre-backs are quoted as "A leading star for a Premier Division Side". Expected to finish in the Europe Spot and possible mount a title challenge, however I'm stuck in the bottom 6 with constant under-pressure messages appearing in my inbox and to make things better, every so often there's news that "__________ spotted at Easter Road (or wherever we are playing" along with the news that they are interested in my job.

So basically what I'm asking is: is there anyone out there who can either recommend or come up with a tactic that can solve my problem? And don't tell me to buy better defenders cause All three of my centre-backs usually get into the team of the year.

And the problem isn't the full-backs because most of the goals I've conceded have come from the centre of the park either inside or just outside the box. And Craig Gordon is a decent keeper.

Please help, I don't wanna lose my job.