andymc1989

Reaction score
Is there anyway for centre backs to play wider to allow a deep lying playmaker In this case Leon goretzka with the ppm comes deep to get ball and dictates tempo - to drop between them and recieve this from the goal keeper? Any ideas?

It sounds like you're describing the Half Back role. However, this is by definition a more defensive role than I'm sure you want from an attacking talent such as Goretzka. The player instructions don't allow for a more attacking half back either. I would try it nonetheless and see what the results are.

Alternatively can you not select a player instruction for your Goalkeeper to distribute it to a specific player? I've never tried it for a midfielder before but it might work as well.

Is there anyway for centre backs to play wider to allow a deep lying playmaker In this case Leon goretzka with the ppm comes deep to get ball and dictates tempo - to drop between them and recieve this from the goal keeper? Any ideas?

yes, simply use a dlpd role and duty

Thanks - I have been trying this but my 2 central defenders dont clear the way so it's really congested ideally I would like them to split either side of the box and allow goretzka to drop in there my full backs already push on just clearing the area for my dlp

Goretzka has comes deep to get the ball so he does just that - I have tried the half back role and doesn't work. It's the 2 central defenders I want cleared from that space

Thanks I'll try it - not doing bad really just perfectionist but I dont the the ME will allow it to be perfect

Put the fullback into wingback position and maybe try him as a regista, bit more attacking than a half back I think

If you set your goalkeeper to Distribute to defenders and all of your defenders to Short passes, then between them they'll give it to Goretzka if he shows deep to receive it.

I find that because most centre-backs aren't great passers, it's best to set them to play it short anyway.