jayuhguy

Reaction score
Hi,

I scouted about 8 or 9 players who looked like a good fit for my team, they were all fairly young with decent potential, and were mostly valued around 10-30k. I bid about 60k on each, and was rejected on all, then went up to about 150k which was also rejected. I clicked Make Enquiry on each of them and every single one came back with "player is not for sale at any price".

Obviously that sounds like I can't buy them, even if I offered 300m for the 30k player, but does FM work like that? If I put in a ridiculous bid then would it be accepted? If so then how far over the value would you normally have to bid before you start to see the club consider it?

TLDR; should "not for sale at any price" be taken literally, or does it just mean "you're gonna have to break the bank"?

It just means they will cost a lot. The club doesn't want to sell bit of you offer enough they will

Just scout the player? Your scout will give you an idea of the possible cost.

Obviously that sounds like I can't buy them, even if I offered 300m for the 30k player, but does FM work like that? If I put in a ridiculous bid then would it be accepted? If so then how far over the value would you normally have to bid before you start to see the club consider it?

You can try to "unsettle" them booming their clubs with offers sometimes it might work and eventually their clubs will agree to sell them

Just scout the player? Your scout will give you an idea of the possible cost.

And when they don't say that estimated cost there are con "X team are unlikely to sell player"...

So just keep bidding and if his value is only 30K I don't think he will cost you over 1M but all depends where to player are from. If he plays big team like ManU then they won't sell him unless you break the bank. If he plays somewhere in Africa then you should get him somewhere 1M mark...

And when they don't say that estimated cost there are con "X team are unlikely to sell player"...
Either way, you know instead of just guessing. If you get that message, he will either need to be unsettled or you need to make a stupid offer to have a chance.