Exton87

Reaction score
Do many of you keep a close eye on club finances and make your club make profit on a month to month basis?

Reason I ask, is something I've had to watch like a Hawk with my wolfsburg save. Small ground, huge wages, not the biggest reputation Worldwide. After 2 and a half seasons I've done all I can to balance the books, yet I still loose on average 2million a month. Yes, come the end of the season prize money, the tv revenue more then wipe out the monthly losses.

I've been more then tight with signings and wage budget. Average wage is about 30kpw. I've finishes 5th then 3rd, currently 3rd on course to challenge for the title.

But I feel I could of achieved more, I've missed out on a few players due to restraints I put In Myself. Players that could have pushed me on. I.e. J Hernandez.

My club just can't generate money without me selling and being cute in the market.

Please share your experiences.

I find its helpful to lower the offered wage to a player and then raise the bonuses. So, if they get injured, play badly or for some reason don't preform, you won't be paying them excessive amounts. Admittedly if they play well you will have to pay more. Also don't go for big names unless there contract is 30k or less as there are plenty other good players on cheaper wages. Try getting some players on loan for a short term boost to the top of the table.

I've just taken Bath City from BSS to the Premier League and I've taken an Arsene Wenger approach the whole save with regards to wages.. only starting buying players in the Championship and never for more than £100K and then only two buys a season. League two I had to sell my three best players to balance the books recently got taken over! yay... or not by the ruddy Fans Trust so they're very stingy with money. I get young players and sell them on the following season as long as they don't want over £500 in wages and I can make £90k+ profit from them. I have no idea where the TV money goes I get £57m for prem tv rights and it doesn't go into the balance like the TV money from league two/one/championship did with my last owners!?
(Absolutely loving this game, a lot more challenging and thus more rewarding for the past 5 season I've been fighting relegation due to my transfer dealing's and I flukely finished 7th and got Europa League once but failed completely and nearly got relegated but I'm 9th in January and hopefully Europa League next year)

So it's better financially to sell players on monthly installments?! I'm with Everton and couldn't decide whether to sell fellaini for 9 mill up front and 21 mill over 48 months but accepted it in the end, worked out well cause in my third season I started with 32 mill instead of the 5 mill I started with in the second season

So it's better financially to sell players on monthly installments?! I'm with Everton and couldn't decide whether to sell fellaini for 9 mill up front and 21 mill over 48 months but accepted it in the end, worked out well cause in my third season I started with 32 mill instead of the 5 mill I started with in the second season

that is exactly the reason for it as well as balancing the books on a monthly basis

With my man utd save after 3 seasons I could basically buy ronaldo and messi and basically whoever I wanted all I do is sign players on frees even some players I don't want and sell them in the next transfer window eg I got fernando Llorente for free and in January I sold him for £35 million to Barcelona , shisuke Honda free sold him in jan for £11mill , destro free sold him for £8mill etc etc etc I've done this in all my saves and you can still do this with smaller teams just takes abit more time with having to get smaller players like paloschi , Paul Pogba etc etc but each of them will go after you get them for free with a tidy £ 7-8mill profit :)

Not very realistic. Imo. Disturbing for your squad, not all teams have wage to do this. Not something I would consider.

Not very realistic. Imo. Disturbing for your squad, not all teams have wage to do this. Not something I would consider.

Thats why I said with smaller teams u have to settle for smaller players and its not by any means detrimental to your squad :/

Players can become unhappy when too much competition.

I agree it's a Nice way to make money. Just not something I would try

The size of the stadiums is a big problem other than Man U whose stadium ends up just under 100k the gate receipts don't seem to cover the wages which isn't right

This is my problem. Ground is only 30, 000. I bought stadium. But can't expand. Also, club won't build new.

Can never return with feeder clubs even tho my request to do so to boost reputation is always granted

This is my problem. Ground is only 30, 000. I bought stadium. But can't expand. Also, club won't build new.

Can never return with feeder clubs even tho my request to do so to boost reputation is always granted

The ground expansion capacity is a right pain in the **** annoyed me on the last 3 FMs

It isn't better financially overall (As getting 10m for a player is still 10m, regardless of how long it takes to get it), but it will mean you can't spend it as part of your transfer budget, and in a few years time if cash is hard to get you will still be getting the money from it!

But the main perk is that club's are more likely to give more money/be interested in a player if you offer him out in instalments!