Making History with Tromsø - A Tromsø Idrettslag Story

Should have a 2 month update, and end of season review up tonight

images

October, November and December Round-Up

View attachment 271887

A decent end to the season overall, with the loss at White Hart Lane the only major blip on the copybook. The first half performance against Lillestrom was absolutely sensational, they couldn't deal with us. I guess it was a reaction to the Spurs game where we were very, very poor, as bad as we've played, but in the return fixture we were again fantastic against a near full strength side, although they had no recognised centre half playing, with Livermore and Huddlestone at the back.

View attachment 271886

The run of league form, that saw us unbeaten in 12 following the 2-0 loss away at Molde saw us lift the Tippeligaen for the first time in the club's history, although much of the credit has to go to Hogmo for bringing in players to achieve it, and for the terrific start to the campaign. Rosenborg, with the biggest budget in the league, only finished fifth, and I'm hoping some of their players may decide it is time to move on to allow me to poach them, and the same can be said of Lillestrom, with a certain striker being lined up for a potentially record fee. A player comes in from relegated Fredrikstad on a free, with him hopefully having the potential to make the left wing spot his own.

View attachment 271892

I'm hoping that his horrific mental stats can be improved through tutoring, and despite him looking raw, I feel he has the potential to make an impact, possibly not in the first season of him joining however.

View attachment 271884

Spurs inevitably finished above us in the group, with the only points they dropped being away to us. Very happy to finish above a very good Besiktas side, who proved to be disappointing in the group, and OB, who troubled me in both games, but we proved to have more quality.

Coming 2nd in the group meant we faced a team who had won theirs, although it wasn't as bad as I imagined it might be, with us being drawn against Premier League side Fulham.

View attachment 271885

If we get through this stage however, things are likely to be much tougher, probably in the form of Lazio.

Player of the Season

Thomas Drage

images

Just a completely class act, spearheading the diamond midfield we have been employing. A beautiful range of passing and a fantastic delivery of a dead ball saw him pick up more than 20 assists and upwards of 10 goals, including a cracker in the game at home to Besiktas. Has been a joy to watch, picking up the Norwegian Young Player of the Year award, and featuring in the Dream Norwegian XI alongside greats such as Brede Hangeland. The only question is how long we can keep hold of him for, but I can only hope it is for as long as possible.

Does anybody have any advice on how the story can be improved, or any screenshots they would like to see?