Logorex

Reaction score
View attachment 314731

NK Maribor

NK Maribor (aka Nogometni Klub Maribor) is the most successful club in Slovenia. It is based in Maribor, the second largest city in Slovenia, with a population of 114,487 residents. They contest the "Eternal Derby" with Olimpija Ljubljana, a rivalry that has its roots in the 1960's. Traditionally, Ljubljana was the cultural, economic, and political center, and most of the fans were from the upper class; Maribor was the most industrialised city of the country, and its fanbase representative of the working class. They are nicknamed "The Violets" for their purple kits. They have won 12 Slovenian PrvaLiga titles, eight Slovenian Cups, and four Supercups. They have never had much success, in Europe, however.

That is where I intend to make my mark. Of course, in order to do so, I will need to continue my domestic success to bring in as much prize money as possible.

The Academy

The academy of Maribor has been hailed as the most successful in the country.The academy is composed of ten youth selections, from an U19 level to the U7 level. There are over 220 youth players trained by professionals. The vision of the academy is to not only produce new players but to prepare children for a future without football.
A goal is to bring through as many of my academy products into my first team. I also want to bring them into the national side and hopefully make the national side more successful.

The Stadium

Ljudski vrt is the name of Maribor's stadium. It opened in 1962, and has the capacity of 12,994.
Pretty, isn't it?

The Squad

Maribor are equipped with an excellent team, with an excellent blend of both experience and youth.
View attachment 314700View attachment 314699

Here are the players I really hope to keep for the future:

Aljaz Cotman:
View attachment 314706
Hopefully we can work on his attributes, and make him our GK for many, many years to come.

Damjan Vuklisevic:
View attachment 314705
He's one of our best defensive prospects. I really need to work on his determination though. I can see an amazing backline with him in it.

Petar Stojanovic:
View attachment 314704
He is easily one of the two players I'm most excited about. I really want to make him a RB, because we're a bit threadbare at that position. However, he can play in every position along that right-hand side. That'll be very useful to us when the inevitable injuries hit us midseason.

Martin Kramaric:
View attachment 314702
He's a player I intend to make our main playmaker for the future. I will bring him under Dare Vrsic's wing, and pray that it will help him.

Luka Zahovic:
View attachment 314701
He's the other player I'm excited about. In real life, he was nominated for the Golden Boy Award. Hopefully we can get him to replicate that form, AND keep him long-term.

Preseason

The preseason started with a 2-1 win against the B team. We then lost at home to Ludogorets, 1-0. A trip to Karvina resulted in a 1-1 draw. The trip to Prachtice was more fruitful, as we won 5-1.
We sold two players, Jean-Phillippe Mendy to Toulouse for 1.3 million pounds, and Arghus to Stade Rennais for 600k pounds. This was all done with the future in mind, as I looked to move up some youngsters into the first team. This also helped free up wages, since my ******** board decided to tighten the purse strings on me. -_-

UP NEXT: The Slovenian Supercup vs. Gorica!

Take good care of Zlatko Zahovic's son and... Let's hope he gets as talented as his father (or even more), that way he could even become a legend for Maribor and Slovenian football in general.

I love Balcanic football (if my nickname serves of any indication to that XD) and I'm particularly fond of Maribor, so count me in as a regular in Ljudski vrt this season ^^

.P.S.: You forgot to mention Maribor's rivalry with Mura 05 and its respective derby (Northeastern Derby)

SLOVENIAN SUPER CUP
MARIBOR vs. GORICA
7/6/2014

The fans, the players, and the managers have arrived at the home of Maribor, Ljudski vrt, for the Slovenian Super Cup! This is my first shot at bringing in a piece of silverware for the club, and while it wasn't even a priority for the board, it was a priority for me. A winning start would build confidence in myself, and my players.
The players in purple wave to the cheering fans and the referee blows the whistle.

And the most of the match was honestly a disappointment.
We dominated, with 22 shots, 8 on target, and 58% possession vs Gorica's 5 total shots, with only 3 being on target. Jasmin Handanovic did a fine job for us.
We, however, could NOT find a way through. Horrific finishing for us, I could not count how many times I moaned.
The referee held up the board and indicated 3 additional minutes.
My players passed the ball around and I sighed and held my head in my hands.
First game, and I was already getting ****** off.
Suddenly I hear our fans start to cheer.
I picked up my head and stared. The scoreboard showed that it was 93 minutes.
Dare Vrsic was dribbling around at the right edge of the box. Luka Zahovic and Brnic were being crowded around in the middle. I honestly had no faith at that point, as Zahovic had been shooting like Hulk all game.
But then Vrsic, marked, found space to put a cross in. Zahovic, the youngster on his debut, rose up and headed the ball. The keeper leaped up to reach the ball.
BUT HE COULDN'T SAVE IT. LUKA ZAHOVIC, THE LAD OF A LEGEND, NOT ONLY SCORES ON HIS DEBUT, BUT WINS US THE SLOVENIAN SUPER CUP!!
View attachment 314456
The fans are cheering, the players are all hugging him. ****, I even ran onto the field and hugged him.
And when the trophy was presented to us, I handed it over to Luka. He looked up at me uncertainly, but I beamed at him and told him that he had earned the right to hold up the cup.

Take good care of Zlatko Zahovic's son and... Let's hope he gets as talented as his father (or even more), that way he could even become a legend for Maribor and Slovenian football in general.

I love Balcanic football (if my nickname serves of any indication to that XD) and I'm particularly fond of Maribor, so count me in as a regular in Ljudski vrt this season ^^

.P.S.: You forgot to mention Maribor's rivalry with Mura 05 and its respective derby (Northeastern Derby)

Oh trust me, I'll try my hardest to make the lad a legend. I love raising wonderkids, and he looks like he'll turn into a fine player.
And sorry about forgetting to mention that derby. xD

Well done mate, a trophy first up. Nice start to your Slovenian adventure!

Well done mate, a trophy first up. Nice start to your Slovenian adventure!

Thanks!
My celebrations were a little over-exuberant. I might've scared the fiancee and gave the cats a heart attack, but I think my celebrations were understandable. xD

Thanks!
My celebrations were a little over-exuberant. I might've scared the fiancee and gave the cats a heart attack, but I think my celebrations were understandable. xD

I know the feeling, i'm no stranger to the "you idiot" look from the missus lol