videoton10

Reaction score
You guys remember how in the days of FM 2008 and older FMs you could get a serious wonderkid from Mongolia or Cuba? And if you really wanted to play long and interesting game it was really hard to get to good regens, as you had to be a great scout yourself, and check nearly every kid that the game pops out. The reason for that is that then there was no Youth Rating for every nation (ranging from 0 to 200, Brazil having 200, Mongolia like 30) system indtroduced in FM 2012. The regens from every nation had almost the same chance of being wonderkids, but now that just seems impossible, with this new system. For good regens, now you only need to check Brazil or Argentina, there is no ****** need to check Mongolia, as it's rating is very low. Now i was wondering, is there any way to make that Youth Rating system random again? Anyone had the experience with setting all nations Youth rating to 0 or 200?

Please help, thanks in front..

Don't think there is a way of making it random. You could make each countries youth rating the same so there is equally a chance of each country producing great players. You might be able to do this quickly by highlighting all the countries at the same time in editor and changing the youth rating. But I'm not 100% sure on this. It should only take a couple of hours to do each country individually.

it also depends on the club as well. I'm guessing the clubs in Mongolia do not have the same facilities as clubs in England or Spain and as result regens in these countries will develop better than at clubs with rubbish facilities. So these regens may have to move in order to reach their pa. Hope this helps!

Also nations with clubs would good facilities will be able to produce more players and the nation will have more depth. If u take England for example: between man utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Crewe, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton and West ham them alone will probably produce 10 decent quality regens.

if you compare this with Mongolia possibly one club will produce one quality regen who may not even develop to his full potential at a worse quality club. Maybe try changing everyone youth rating to the same and sim a couple of seasons to see how much clubs facilities affect quality regens.

Also nations with clubs would good facilities will be able to produce more players and the nation will have more depth. If u take England for example: between man utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Crewe, Liverpool, Southampton, Everton and West ham them alone will probably produce 10 decent quality regens.

if you compare this with Mongolia possibly one club will produce one quality regen who may not even develop to his full potential at a worse quality club. Maybe try changing everyone youth rating to the same and sim a couple of seasons to see how much clubs facilities affect quality regens.

Maybe those regens can be scouted by teams of other nations and they can develop in full. It a very interesting idea. I would like to see what happens.

Maybe those regens can be scouted by teams of other nations and they can develop in full. It a very interesting idea. I would like to see what happens.

I agree they can be scouted by other clubs. But it depends how many come through. If you look at the top European nations: Spain, England, Germany - the clubs in these nations will produce around 20 quality players each year whereas Mongolia may only produce a few. They will probably be similar potential but it also depends on their development to see whether they reach this potential. This is a good idea though!

Yeah, well that was the system in FM 2008. There was a slightly better chance for a kid from Brazil or Argentina to be better than one from Mongolia, but the only two reasons for that was the regens team facilities and the quantity of regens deployed by each nation (of course, Brazil will pop out like 20 regens/year, Mongolia like 1), therefore nations which deploy most regens will probably be best regenerated. It's not hard for me to edit every nations Youth Rating to say 125, but i'm not really sure that would be a good idea to be honest. Don't know why, i just feel there is a better way of dealing with this. But, i'll try to edit, play a couple of seasons probably on holiday, see what happens and then i can let you know if you want?

Last edited:
Well, update for all you guys who are interested in this test. It's worthless, don't try it. Still best players come out of specified teams, ones with best facilities and there is absolutely no randomness in there. All regens from nations like North Korea, Mongolia, Vietnam...are worthless, and their Youth Rating has been just like everyone else's = 125. What i loved about FM is that is shows randomness, and now it's gone. I think SI should make a poll with this question, and i think that the results might be interesting to see.