jpflfc96

Reaction score
AC Perugia Calcio

View attachment 376597

Fullname: Associazione Calcistica Perugia Calcio S.r.l

Nickname: Grifoni (Griffins)

Associazione Calcistica Perugia Calcioisan Italian association football club based in Perugia, Umbria, direct heir of the old Perugia Calcio and A.C.Perugia, excluded from Italian football because of financial troubles. The team currently play in the Lega Pro Prima Divisione (Serie C1/B).

2013-14Season

Manager: JoshFeehily (32)

View attachment 376596

Playing Squad:

View attachment 376595

Key Players:

View attachment 376594

View attachment 376592

View attachment 376590

Coaching Staff:

View attachment 376589

Division: Serie C1/B

View attachment 376586

Season targets:

League Play-Offs
Second Qualifying Round of Coppa Italia

STORY AIM

Basically, I'm trying to take this lowly Italian side firstly into the Serie A, and then I'll try and make them Champions of Europe, hopefully with some cup success as well. First season I'll look to mainly achieve the play-offs, maybe even the title if I do really well. With a media prediction of 4th, and a decent team, I think the play-offs is more than achievable.

​Trophies Won:

Good luck, I will follow.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Pre-Season and First Competitive Match

Pre-Season

View attachment 376568

As you can see, we played a lot of pre-season friendlies, just to try and get the team fluid with the tactics. All in all it was a very good pre-season, all against smaller reputation teams to boost morale for the first game of the season. The morale did take a hit in the middle of pre-season (which you'll see in a minute), and the game we did lose, we created 4CCCs to their none, which fills me with hope. I do think we can have a good season based on how we played but one game that isn't shown here does cast some doubt on that theory.

Coppa Italia First Qualifying Round

PERUGIA
2-2 FeralpiSalo AET (6-7P)

View attachment 376565

For me, this game could have provided a platform for the rest of the season, first competitive game and it gave the players a chance to prove themselves, and it looked good when we were 2-0 up, Roberto Insigne showing his Serie A class with a great performance. However, the game changed when our goalkeeper, who is a new signing, dropped a cross and it went in direct. In my opinion, this is a bit of a bug in FM, so many crosses either go in or force keepers into 'great saves'. We totally dominated the game but we had ten minutes where we didn't concentrate and we were punished. Losing on penalties hurts but I'm pleased with the overall performance.

Transfers

View attachment 376564

I sold our first choice keeper to Serie A side Catania, the fee was reasonable and he would have probably been unhappy if I'd rejected a bid from a side like Catania. I was able to reinvest very little in terms of replacements, and was delighted at getting Neil Etheridge from Fulham for just 64k, and Generoso Rossi was a decent signing on a free. He was however the keeper who committed the howler that more or less lost us the cup game so I'll probably be playing Etheridge from now on, positive window with a decent profit made. Part of the deal with Catania was to arrange a friendly every season, which means more revenue!

New Arrivals

View attachment 376563 View attachment 376562

NEXT UPDATE: A New Season Dawns (September Results)​

If you get promoted, at the end of the season look at Andrea Belotti. His contract expires at the end of the season and got me a load of goals in a season before I got a million for him within 12 months.

If you get promoted, at the end of the season look at Andrea Belotti. His contract expires at the end of the season and got me a load of goals in a season before I got a million for him within 12 months.

Thanks for that, I'll take a look at him, from the first league game I've just played, I could do with someone that can finish!

I found all you need is a good striker and you will be sorted. Obviously more difficult than it sounds but you don't need goals chipped in from everywhere.

Umberto Eusepi, whose SS is in the OP, is turning out to be quite good, not even finished September yet!

Good luck! In FM13 I took 5th tier Sant'Angelo to 3rd Serie A place,3 coppa italia finals and 1 CL trophy

September Update

September 2013

1/9/13 - Serie C1/B - PERUGIA 2-1 Nocerina

View attachment 376503

I was kind of happy but disappointed after this game. Obviously it was pleasing we got the win, but the manner of it was poor. Nocerina aren't the best side and they dug in deep. Etheridge is out for 2 months so I had to continue with Rossi, who kept making mistakes. The penalty was probably fair but it was annoying as they hadn't really had a chance before then; but the super-sub Fabinho popped up with a great solo goal to ****** the win.

4/9/13 - Serie C1/B - Paganese 0-3 PERUGIA

View attachment 376502

This was far more like it. We played with a great attacking intensity; yes Paganese are predicted to finish bottom of the league but still, the games have to be won. We could have scored more but the finishing let us down, at least Eusepi is looking like he could get a few goals for us.

8/9/2013 - Serie C1/B - PERUGIA 1-0 Benevento

View attachment 376501

Normally I'd be a tad disappointed with a 1-0 home win, but Benevento are predicted to finish 2nd so any win against them could prove pivotal at the end of the season. Our goal coming from an unlikely source at RWB but it was an excellent finish. They tried to attack a lot but our defence was the most solid its been, which is important as they have to protect our pretty awful goalkeeper. All in all, this is the most pleasing result yet.

15/9/13 - Serie C1/B - Barletta 1-1 PERUGIA

View attachment 376498

Ah the winning run couldn't last forever; and worryingly, it seems to be the start of a very ominous downturn in form. On paper, we should have narrowly beaten them, but our defenders were poor and for once Rossi actually had a good game. They may have had less than half of the amount of shots we had but they created the better chances; so in this instance, it's one point gained rather than two lost. Eusepi picked up an injury that ruled him out for 3 weeks which is a blow.

22/9/13 - Serie C1/B - PERUGI 1-1 Prato

View attachment 376496

This was one of those days where no-one in your team turns up, so with that in mind, it's amazing we got a point. Prato took the lead against the run of play thanks to poor goalkeeping, but we got a deserved late equaliser. This was definitely two points dropped as it's at home but we definitely missed Eusepi today.

29/3/2013 - Serie C1/B - Salernitana 3-3 PERUGIA

View attachment 376494

Now this was just ridiculous. We absolutely battered them in the first half but could only lead 1-0. I thought it would be a procession second half when we went 2-0 up immediately. But credit to them, they were brilliant second half and complacency definitely set in, and they managed to peg us back straight after we went 3-2 up which was very frustrating. Those three draws were extremely disappointing but we're still unbeaten.

END OF SEPTEMBER LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 376492

Those three draws mean we aren't top but third place and unbeaten is pretty good. I'm still optimistic seeing as the tactics are only 50% fluid and we've already beaten a top team. I really do think that October and November are going to be really crucial months, and we have to pick up more wins and see games out more effectively.

Good results, keep it up.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hopefully I'll have both the October and November Updates done for early this evening, one month was really good and the other just abysmal but that's just how it goes, every team has a bad run. Might also include a rule in my story: only allowed to buy Italians or players from Italian leagues, just to spice it up a bit, only just started December now, nothing's won or lost!