animos

Reaction score
When making pre-season schedules should the strength and aerobic slides be on high or intensive and the rest on light or medium ?

Also should the overall workload be on medium,heavy etc ?

---------- Post added 06/07/2011 at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was 05/07/2011 at 12:57 PM ----------

bump any answers please

i experienced many injuries trying this. so i leave training as normal and play 2-3 matches per week (as a active footballer I like it more than running in forests and weightlifting :)). it restores pre-season condition and it lets all players to get some football...

I have strength and aerobic very high (can't remember if it's intensive), and then the rest available just for tactics. This seems to work for me and I don't get any injuries.

I usually have my players' overall training set to the high end of Light for the very first week back of training and then for a couple of weeks after that I set it to the high end of Very Heavy. I set it to Light as I don't wanna throw them right into it being intensive after them not playing for so long as I don't want to risk injuries. After the two weeks of Very Heavy I set it to the low end of Heavy for the rest of the season.

This combination of training mixed with the friendies I have set up seems to get the players fitness back up pretty well.

I usually have my players' overall training set to the high end of Light for the very first week back of training and then for a couple of weeks after that I set it to the high end of Very Heavy. I set it to Light as I don't wanna throw them right into it being intensive after them not playing for so long as I don't want to risk injuries. After the two weeks of Very Heavy I set it to the low end of Heavy for the rest of the season.

This combination of training mixed with the friendies I have set up seems to get the players fitness back up pretty well.

Do you set your tactics to high workload or low ?

Do you set your tactics to high workload or low ?

I probably do training differently from a lot of you guys to be honest as I go through each of my players and set up their own individual training schedule rather than lumping all Forwards together, all Midfielders together etc. I adjust it according to their own position and what I think that they require FOR that position. Eg. If they are a Left Back and I think their attributes for Defending is average or quite low I'll set their training for this section on the higher side of the scale. If they are already decent then I'll set it a bit lower but enough just to maintain their level.

I go through each of the sections like this, from Strength down to Shooting, for all my players and adjust it for the type of player they are and the position they play in.

You do need the patience to do this and it's a bit tedious to set training up this way initially, granted, but to me it benefits the individual players' training as you can adjust their training to what you want & what they require. You can't do that when ALL Midfielders, for instance, are on the same training schedule.

Works for me :D

do you do keep the players individual or do you group them together ie, all LBs all CMs etc

if it improves my team im up for trying it then

All you can do is try it and see how it goes.

I have had them in the group training schedules as well - DC, DL/R, ST etc - but I couldn't alter the training for just the one of them. Altering the training in the schedule every player in that schedule will get the change. That's when I went about putting them all on individual training schedules. Can adjust their training if needed and if they are starting to slack off in one area. BUT If they start to go down on ones they don't really need that much (for instance, a Striker wouldn't really need a high Tackling or Marking attribute) then I wouldn't mind that so much.

Last edited: