Glug Glug

Reaction score
View attachment 464549

Steven Pressley
leaves by mutual agreement

The Coventry City Chairman (Tim Fisher) has just announced that Manager Steven Pressley has agreed to leave his post as manager by mutual consent as the board look for ways to reduce the clubs financial bill.In his place, the board have placed unknown manager Ryan Bayliss in charge of first team affairs. A somewhat unknown manager to the world of professional Football. His only experience comes from pub football where he managed a team for his local watering hole "The Rugby Tavern". Given a one year contract to give the club the lift it needs and the success the fans so desperately crave, on a shoe string budget? Only time will tell...

*1 week later*

Coventry agree deal with ACL to return to the Ricoh

View attachment 464548
Coventry owners Sisu have agreed a rent deal with the owners of ACL, to play their home matches at the Ricoh.
The deal is said to be a temporary deal whilst the club remain in the lower depths of english league football. Whilst Sisu look for land to buy their own land. A fan spokesperson had this to say:
"we are delighted that the team will be back in the home that they belong in, moving to another ground would be been a real heartache for us, as many coventry fans are too old to travel out of the city."

Coventry have just announced a new manager in other news, an unknown Ryan Bayliss.​

Pre-season

(will just be summed up)Pre-season was a good one... no injuries :), however on the signings front, only one loanee and a free transfer.

IN:

Jody Morris (free):
View attachment 464547

Aaron Martin (Loan - Southampton):
View attachment 464546

Though I would have preferred more, these were what I could conjure up with my funds :(

Out:

Aaron Phillips (Lincoln - Loan):
View attachment 464545

Dont expect much from him, just because someone offered to loan him I guess.

Results:

View attachment 464544

Pretty poor, but then again, cobwebs and all that!!

August:

Coventry 1v1 Birmingham (Birmingham win on pens) Capital one cup
View attachment 464542
My Scorer: Franck Moussa
Not a bad result by any stretch of the imagination, this game saw my team give Birmingham a good old run around and for large periods we dominated

Coventry City 0v0 Leyton Oryent League
View attachment 464543
This game was a *** for tat game, a nervy start to the league with the -10 points looming over our heads as well.
Wallsal 2v4 Coventry League
View attachment 464541
Scorers for Coventry: Calum Wilson x2, Carl Baker, Dean Holden OG.
This was a good win, hard fought and an openly attacking game, I think both of the teams philosophy was "we can score more than you" - I guess their own goal didn't help...

Coventry 1v0 Shrewsbury League
View attachment 464540
Scorer for Coventry: Leon Clarke

Not the goal fest that the last game shown, but a good solid performance with a good win to show for it.
Crewe 0v1 Coventry League
View attachment 464539
Scorer for Coventry: Jody Morris

This game had almost everything, a cracking freekick scored, a missed penalty, just needed a red card and it would have been complete, a very good result and!! wiped out the -10 :D

Player of the month:
Jody Morris

Created most of the goals for us so far and scored a beauty of a freekick

(I am a little bit ahead of august before I decided to make this a story, so I dont have a shot of the league, but I was bottom on 0 points)

More updates tomorrow.