SaintBantam

Reaction score
Hi, :)

I was an active member on these forums just under a year ago for a few months, but I stopped playing FM. I have just downloaded the FM12 demo to give it a try and am considering buying the full game and playing again. :D

But, I have heard many people say the game is far too easy, and this is kind of a put-off for me. It is likely I'll get the game whatever happens but I was wondering if there was any known way to make the game harder without ruining it - be that by making it less realistic or whatever. I've heard I could try starting my manager with semi-pro knowledge, giving me a reduced amount of players willing to join my club, but I'm not sure how good a solution that would be.

Thanks |)

PS. I found FM11, my first FM game, very easy - and this was not just playing with top teams in the world. I tried some of the hardest challenges on the game too. :D

try the san marino challenge now thats hard!!!!!!!!!! not alot you can do really just enable attribute masking etc

Don't let your domestic player bias drop below 80%, don't let yourself spend over £15 mil on one player, only use players under 25, and so on and so forth. There's loads of little restrictions you can put on your game.

Thanks for the quick responses. :)

I'm not trying to be negative, but I kind of want to play challenging games in any nations - not just specific ones like San Marino and Africa. And I'd like to be able to play without restrictions you're unlikely to see in the real world. I am beginning to think I am asking for things that can't be done, and if I am then fair enough, I'll have to just go with it. :)

Sorry if I seems like I'm being really negative and silly. :mad:

How about only using your own tactics, untick use real player names and enable attribute masking and you will have to scout for the best talent :).
This will make it much harder to get the best team possible together

How about only using your own tactics, untick use real player names and enable attribute masking and you will have to scout for the best talent :).
This will make it much harder to get the best team possible together

I use my own tactics, but this atrribute masking and untick real player names sounds good! I'll have to give them a try.

Thanks very much, guys! :)

What has been a quite interesting game for me on several FM versions is a proper journeyman save. Things get quite interesting 15-20 seasons in, I have been fighting for promotion in the Championship with Chelsea, sorting out ridiculous teams(17 first team defenders with AS Monaco). The key is to set yourself a target(win the league and champions league)and resign immediately after achieving it to take over at an another club. And when you are 20 seasons in you can rely only on scouts not FM-Base for players.

I also like starting out my managerial experience as "automatic." That really scares the would be transfers away.

Of course, you'll have to choose your own team to manage because no one is going to hire you off the street if you have 0 coaching experience.

Making the game harder? Be realistic with transfers, and everything else for that matter. choose the lowest ******* tier team in the whole game. Don't cheat no matter what, and don't download tactics or get advice from the internet.