Matty96

Reaction score
Personally,i find the scout reports you get completely useless.They give you information about formations and players but theres nothing about how the opposition plays such as there passing style and mentality. I struggle to in corporate the scout reports into my game but if you find them useful let me know how you do it.

I don't even read them, I'll pick my formation and let them adjust to me.

You can check their best players. Note if some of their best players have low determination and composure and if there is someone talk in press about him. When the game comes you can see which forward is placed where and put a fast central def against a fast forward or strong CD against strong forward. If a forward has a hight technique you can instruction your team to hard tackle him. You can see who is their play maker and press him always. Press a deep lying forward or mark him tightly in a man marking system. You can see their wide players and if they have a high technique and dribling stats you can hard tackle them. You can check their defenders and if you play with 2 forwards you can put your fast striker against their slow defender and your strong striker against their pacey defender.

And a lot of other stuff... Like if your team is stronger and higher than them in order to concentrate more on crossing. If your team is faster so you can put a quicker tempo. These little details will often bring you some wins.

You can see when and how they score their goals. Often in a match preparation the scout suggests you to concentrate on a defensive positioning but then you see the opposition has scored a lot of goals from set pieces and I make a def set piece preparation. If the opposite team has a low tackling and the referee is strickt you can abuse that with attacking set piece match preparation. I can not stress how much points I have got because of a good research of the opposite team. In my Perugia save with in c1 I won against teams like Atalanta and Bressia and barely lost to Inter, because of a proper research and opposition instructions.

Last edited: