SilentJay

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm really interested in learning how to make my own skin.
Obviously I don't have the fully knowledge to make one from scratch, but I'm taking the framework of the nicer skins out there and just by studying them I'm trying to learn how to customize them, but I'm still confused about certain areas and changes I'd like to make (specific fonts for certain parts of the menus, backgrounds, colors, etc.)
In the SI forums there's some info about it but not really a "guide" (to call it that way) as to how to understand the basic structure overall of a skin.
Do you guys know if there is such a guide?

Thanks!

Only really what mike has made on the SI forums. but dont worry about starting a thread askign for which panel/font/xml each is when you start. The forum will
help.

Only really what mike has made on the SI forums. but dont worry about starting a thread askign for which panel/font/xml each is when you start. The forum will
help.
Over at the SI forums?
I don't really want to burden people I know it's a hassle, but just really sort of understand the structure of a skin so I know what sort of changes I can make. For example I know how to change fonts, but according to the different files inside the "fonts" folders, I tend to get lost as to which specific fonts I'm changing. I can switch backgrounds, but only specific backgrounds, not all of them, and I can't seem to find where to do so.
Stuff like that really.

Over at the SI forums?
I don't really want to burden people I know it's a hassle, but just really sort of understand the structure of a skin so I know what sort of changes I can make. For example I know how to change fonts, but according to the different files inside the "fonts" folders, I tend to get lost as to which specific fonts I'm changing. I can switch backgrounds, but only specific backgrounds, not all of them, and I can't seem to find where to do so.
Stuff like that really.

thats what the forums are there for (I mod that one too) dont worry about it. Just start the one thread if you are woorying about clutter. Ask the questions in the one..