miikeyjones

Reaction score
I hope this is in the right place? If not please move it to the correct one :)

I'd just like to know how many people out there have made their own team on the editor, and added it into the game to play as?

What did you call them?
What league did you start in?
What kind of players/staff did you get for your team?
How far did you take them and how long did it take you?

I myself have just made a team, and aquired players who were out of contract such as Michael Ball, Jay DeMerit and Gavin McCann, most of which would probly not have joined if I were a team in the same division which is the Blue Square South.

Do you think this gives me an unfair advantage on the rest of the league?

Thanks for your comments ( if any ) in advance (H)

I created my own local team, called Newbiggin Harriers. I just let the laptop add the players and staff, added a youth academy too, so could concentrate on youth due to no transfer budget. Started off in the Northern Premier Premier Division, and now in the Premiership.

englishpremierdivisioni.png

depending on the rest of the players you signed it gives you an advantage ya, but not a massive one. demerit is probably a champ level player, ball is a lower half prem/champ lb imo, gavin mccann is around that level too probably, so your squad should definitely win the league, but its not like you're playing with prem starters.

yeah, the advantage isn't really that much. If you feel it does, then do it again, but let the computer generate the staff and players for you. But at the end of the day, its up to you how you play it. If they do the job for you, and by the sounds of it you haven't gone overboard anyway, then it's not really that much of an issue. Just play and do the best you can with what you've got :)

I created my own local team, called Newbiggin Harriers. I just let the laptop add the players and staff, added a youth academy too, so could concentrate on youth due to no transfer budget. Started off in the Northern Premier Premier Division, and now in the Premiership.

englishpremierdivisioni.png

Wow, thats quite impressive tbf. I've called my team Ajax Treesdown as a laugh but ill probly change it to my old team name, either Pelsall Villa or Cannock Athletic. How long did that take you to get to the premiership then?

depending on the rest of the players you signed it gives you an advantage ya, but not a massive one. demerit is probably a champ level player, ball is a lower half prem/champ lb imo, gavin mccann is around that level too probably, so your squad should definitely win the league, but its not like you're playing with prem starters.

Well there definatley not all premiership players. I used GenieScout to find unattached players, some of which are quite good like my defence which is quite strong so I shouldn't really concede too many, but i searched mainly for players with around 70 current ability. Quite a few are over 30 so they wont be there too long, I just want to test it out.

Wow, thats quite impressive tbf. I've called my team Ajax Treesdown as a laugh but ill probly change it to my old team name, either Pelsall Villa or Cannock Athletic. How long did that take you to get to the premiership then?

Well there definatley not all premiership players. I used GenieScout to find unattached players, some of which are quite good like my defence which is quite strong so I shouldn't really concede too many, but i searched mainly for players with around 70 current ability. Quite a few are over 30 so they wont be there too long, I just want to test it out.

Thanks. But it took a **** of a slog (2026 season now lol) , and there was a gap in between when got offered England job too. What you should do aswell, is try the wonderkids thread, and see if you can discover some talented youngsters you can develop. Not only will they be great for your team if they have the potential, but also a nice source of cash.

Last edited:
Thanks. But it took a **** of a slog (2026 season now lol) , and there was a gap in between when got offered England job too. What you should do aswell, is try the wonderkids thread, and see if you can discover some talented youngsters you can develop. Not only will they be great for your team if they have the potential, but also a nice source of cash.

LOL jesus. I dont think I'd play that long tbh, well I might but I'd have to hop between saves every season or two. Yeah thats a good idea, im sure there are some hidden gems willing to join a BSS team for first team football. More chance of getting English players though than the foreigners I'd think :S

Been playin since day one lol. Thing is, you could get (like me) attached to your creation, and get sentimental toward them lol. I am guilty of spending far too much time on it, as I've allowed myself to get hopelessly immersed in it, like the scouting, training, recruitement etc. The good thing is, if you are stuck with mainly British, there'll be no language barriers, potential issues with adapaptability etc, so its not neccessarily a bad thing. But I have come across some real diamonds though (admittedly some were regens). I tended to scout more for foreign players when I had more cash, and made sure they were multi-lingual so to avoid communication problems

Sounds alright then & not too hard. Just one thing though, how did you sort out your finances and stadium at the start aswell as the tactical attributes etc?

Well with the stadium, I just looked for a local one within Newcastle, and with the finances, gave myself enough to cover wages etc for a couple of seasons, so the club wouldn't go bankrupt straight away, but nothing major. Contracts were made full time for all too, so the players would get proper training. And gave myself a wage of £1 too to free up money. And installed a chairman and a director, and that was it.

Obviously the wage came into it when applying for the job lol

Well with the stadium, I just looked for a local one within Newcastle, and with the finances, gave myself enough to cover wages etc for a couple of seasons, so the club wouldn't go bankrupt straight away, but nothing major. Contracts were made full time for all too, so the players would get proper training. And gave myself a wage of £1 too to free up money. And installed a chairman and a director, and that was it.

Obviously the wage came into it when applying for the job lol

Lol yeah I've done the same, found the stadium where my old team used to play and took over it from the actual team & its capacity is 2000 so its not too bad. I think ill put a bank balance of about £100,000 or around that number once I've worked out how much wages for players and staff will cost for 3 years, excluding signings in the 2nd and 3rd obviously. Ive also given all players & staff 3 year contracts.

think thats roughly what I started with, between £100,000-£200,000, I think. No more than that. Wouldn't make the ticket prices too cheap though/season tickets, as some contracts have the promotion clause that increases player wages. I forgot myself about that lol. But it sounds pretty much like you're sorted.

Well all my staff have been found from around my local area which is Birmingham, & all were unemployed. Ill give them all £150 a week contracts until 2014. Ill do the same with my players with wages of £100-£200 per week depending on ability & I'll remove all their clauses & appearance fee's etc etc

Aye pretty much what i did. Took a while, but worth the effort. Well I'm gonna wish you luck and hope it all pays off for you. Keep the effort in, and you'll do well. May get boring sometimes, but thats the price for success I guess lol :)

Plus there'll be loads more who would've made their own teams, who'd share ideas for a winning formula, from tactics to coaching so always keeping an eye out ;)

Last edited:
Yeah it is taking a while lol I deleted the old team and im making a new one from scratch but im going to make it fairer with not so good players for that league. Im also looking on the tactics forums along with lower league forums to see who signed who.

Hopefully ill get some decent players come through the ranks by the time I make it to the Npower Division 2