Malky Mackay sacked!

Alcaraz

Reaction score
This decision is truly baffling. I heard Vincent Tan was angry because Malkay overspent by a fair bit in the summer but surely that's no reason to sack a manager ... Any amount is inconsequential to what they stand to gain by remaining in the EPL next season. Plus appointing that kid as DoF. Absurd

its completley outta order n disrespectful to Malky. he's done a great job under the circumstances

According to Transfermarkt, he spent ?33 million in the summer - an insignificant sum considering how well the team have done this season in general, and the quality of players he brought in (Caulker, Medel, Cornelius, etc. are all top signings). Disgraceful, but expected, to be honest - and it's probably a relief for Mackay, he gets a payoff and there's no longer any doubt about his future!

A bit late but would have been a better appointment for Spurs than Tim Sherwood

2.5 years ; league cup final, playoff semi-finals, championship title, top flight football. And Tan does this. Complete and utter **** thing to do.

Tan is not fit to be at a football club. The timing aswell. Incredibly stupid Tan. God help whoever takes over the managerial spot. The joke that is Tan obviously expects miracles in the first season.

Don't see who they can bring it that's going to keep them up. Malkay had the best chance of doing just that. Such a shame but that's modern football for you!

Reckon Malkay has a great chance of getting the West Brom job now

So when the new manager takes over Cardiff does that mean he won't have money to spend in the transfer window?

Also so seen that Cardiff fans are staging a walkout on 19mins 27seconds not sure what the significance of the time is or if it will indeed happen.

Idk I guess not but then if Tan doesn't offer a substantial amount of money to spend, the only manager he will get is Ian Dowie

So when the new manager takes over Cardiff does that mean he won't have money to spend in the transfer window?

Also so seen that Cardiff fans are staging a walkout on 19mins 27seconds not sure what the significance of the time is or if it will indeed happen.

They won the FA cup in 1927

Idk I guess not but then if Tan doesn't offer a substantial amount of money to spend, the only manager he will get is Ian Dowie

Looking like it'll be solskjaer new manager will get money for sure I think it was just excuse to get rid

I heard it was only Mackay who wasn't getting money to spend in January, because apparently he overspent in the summer. Ridiculous really.

The Cardiff fans don't seem to have that much balls though, as they accepted the colour change without much fuss. I feel sorry for them, but had they staged more protest over the colour change, then Tan wouldn't be as cocky IMO.

The Cardiff fans don't seem to have that much balls though, as they accepted the colour change without much fuss. I feel sorry for them, but had they staged more protest over the colour change, then Tan wouldn't be as cocky IMO.
What!? They protested a lot over the colour change, it's just that it didn't work - what can a bunch of fans do to change the mind of a stubborn and idiotic owner?

What!? They protested a lot over the colour change, it's just that it didn't work - what can a bunch of fans do to change the mind of a stubborn and idiotic owner?

Refuse to buy the shirts, refuse to buy tickets or turn up to matches. Unlikely yes, especially as its their first prem season but the fans do have the power if they choose to use it.

Refuse to buy the shirts, refuse to buy tickets or turn up to matches. Unlikely yes, especially as its their first prem season but the fans do have the power if they choose to use it.
Maybe, but boycotting matches isn't very common - banners and marches are more common (see Hull, Blackburn, United, etc.). And whilst I agree with what you're saying, I was merely arguing against his statement that they "accepted the colour change without much fuss", which is untrue.

We won the FA Cup in 1927

Something's definitely wrong with Tan's bank account if he wasn't alerted before the transfer bill eventually tallied up to ?33 mil? Also, wouldn't he have known about confirming signing, prices etc. while they were ongoing. Doubt that he didn't know about the millions leaking from his bank account.