Martino

Reaction score
Had a fun Malmø FF save with this tactic(and variations of it). It was so succesful that I thought I would share it with you guys.

Its a 433 formation lined up as this
View attachment 39016
Team instructions are
View attachment 39015

There are some key elements that I think is vital for this tactic to work. First of all you need a fast right wingback with good crossing and dribbling. He's kind of on his own the right flank, but provides his share of assists.
The centerbacks needs pace and strength, and the ball playing defender needs some passing skill as well.
Left wingback. Well he needs to be a clever player with decent vision and crossing abilities. Pace is not so vital here, from my perspective.
The heartbeat of the team is the Regista and the central midfielder(st). They need to be very great ball players, and defensive beasts as well. The mezzala is a different story, as he needs of the ball movement and decent finishing.
For The trequartistas on the left and right I prefer pacey wingers kind of players with some trickery. Left sided left foot and vice versa.
False9 needs to be very dominant in the air if possible.

Guess that's it for now. feel free to tweak away and post results.

DOWNLOAD HERE MalmøFF8

It's Malmö, not Malmø. ø is a danish and norweigan character and Malmö is from Sweden.

It's Malmö, not Malmø. ø is a danish and norweigan character and Malmö is from Sweden.

Yeah, but I'm danish...LOL ;) (I actually have a pair of Malmö FF sneakers, so I should know;D )

More direct passing on a possession based(?) tactic sounds intriguing. Will try this one out. Used A New Hope a while ago on an Arsenal save and it produced some great stuff.

Actually, given Malmös history as a major Danish city for nearly a millennia, it's not entirely inaccurate.

And even though there is no consensus on using ø over ö, a sizable portion of the Malmö FF supporters do seem to gravitate towards spelling it Malmø. At least when it comes to their club.

Just take a look on supporter videos on YouTube, and you will see banners in the stands saying things like Malmø Øltras (a play on words of öl -Scandinavian for beer- and ultras) or Supras Malmø.

They (the supporters) clearly have a unique identity and often sing songs of "liberating" Scania or Malmö from Sweden, with opposing supporters signing about joining Scania with Denmark, because both are ****. In fact, I can not recall ever seeing a Swedish flag on a Malmö FF game. Quite the contrary, they sometimes drape their entire stadium in their red and yellow "scanian" flag which is based on the Danish flag.

So, seeing it spelt Malmø or Malmö... I wouldn't object to either, really. Most people I know calls them "half-danes", anyway.

More direct passing on a possession based(?) tactic sounds intriguing. Will try this one out. Used A New Hope a while ago on an Arsenal save and it produced some great stuff.

Yes, I think it's a mixture of both. But I havent tried this tactic with an underdog team as such, but for Malmø and AaB(in the danish league) it works perfectly. A New Hope was a fun tactic in deed. Used it for several seasons without getting tired of the play(and results).

Actually, given Malmös history as a major Danish city for nearly a millennia, it's not entirely inaccurate.

And even though there is no consensus on using ø over ö, a sizable portion of the Malmö FF supporters do seem to gravitate towards spelling it Malmø. At least when it comes to their club.

Just take a look on supporter videos on YouTube, and you will see banners in the stands saying things like Malmø Øltras (a play on words of öl -Scandinavian for beer- and ultras) or Supras Malmø.

They (the supporters) clearly have a unique identity and often sing songs of "liberating" Scania or Malmö from Sweden, with opposing supporters signing about joining Scania with Denmark, because both are ****. In fact, I can not recall ever seeing a Swedish flag on a Malmö FF game. Quite the contrary, they sometimes drape their entire stadium in their red and yellow "scanian" flag which is based on the Danish flag.

So, seeing it spelt Malmø or Malmö... I wouldn't object to either, really. Most people I know calls them "half-danes", anyway.

All my swedish friends in Skåne tells me that the rest of Sweden kind of hates them and sees them as "half danes" anyway. Even the terrain looks like Denmark compared to the rest of Sweden. And yes Skåne, Halland and Blekinge used to be Danish ;)