Malmo FF - A Quest For European Glory

DonkDonk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Quite new here, love some of your stories, so I've decided to do my own, hopefully it will help some people with players and such.

I decided to go with Malmo FF, from Sweden, because of my obsession for Scandinavia and especially Sweden. I then looked through the teams to see who I wanted to be. Malmo FF caught my eye because frankly the name sounds awesome, and I liked their kit. Great reasons to join a team :p. Also they came 6th the year before the game starts, so they were in a good position, but room for improvement was needed.

My aim for this game was to take a small club from a small nation into the Champions League, and ultimately win the competition. Big hopes :).

My hope for the first season was to take the club into the top 4 of the league. I've actually already completed the first 2 and a half seasons, but to keep you all in suspense, I'll post in the tradition story format.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

thats a nice challenge and a time that i also enjoy and where Ibrahimovic came out, good luck with it :D
i'll keep up!

if u need something just say so :)

I'll go through the first season with just a couple of screenshots, as not much happened really, as we weren't in Europe there isn't any interesting results and such.

I set out at first looking at all the players and getting rid of the ones I didn't want. I was mainly looking for young players, who looked like they had good potential, as then I would gradually improve each year without having to bring too many players in. You can see my transfers in the attachments.

I'll post the results up for the first season a bit later :)

cristaldo will be one of your heros in 2 years or so! once bought him for nacional and he did really good :)

Hmm thinking about doing something in style off that but with AIK the biggest club in sweden ;)

Good luck, as a manager Roy Hodgson took Malmo to the European Cup final in 1979, only to lose out to Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest, anyway good luck

Good luck, as a manager Roy Hodgson took Malmo to the European Cup final in 1979, only to lose out to Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest, anyway good luck

it was actually Bob Houghton who managed malmo to a european cup final

Good luck m8 I'll be keeping up with this thread,
My friend made UBK Breiðablik a top team in Europe so I think anything is possible in FM :D

Good luck man. Have you loaded up additional players from other countries?

I loaded England, France, Germany, Italy, Scotland and Spain, as well as Sweden of course, to play in. I also loaded all players from brazil, Argentina and umm I think that's it.

Anyway, this post will be my whole first season, as I mentioned earlier, not a lot happened. A relativly good season in my opinion, I was aiming for 4th and managed to come second. I got to the swedish Cup Qtr Final, which at the time I was quite happy with but now, I do feel I could have done a bit better.

My best player of the season was Daniel Andersson, who was already at the club, the oldest and wisest member of the team.

Sceenshots below: If you want any specific screenshot, please just ask. I've added the formation of one game so that you can see the team I used most of the time.

Aims for season 2:

• Win Premier League (Champs League Qual)
  • Win the Swedish Cup

i was wondering, are you playing on the 9.3 patch? and if so, did you buy cristaldo straight away?

If possible and if he hasnt already left try and sign james mcarthur from hamilton i signed him for rangers and was the best player i ever signed and for only £500k

Pretty sure it was Hodgson, and my bad it was 1989 not 1979
well u got that abit wrong nottingham won the european cup in 1980 an english teams were banned from playin in europe for 5 years or so from 1985

Last edited: