Conbee92

Reaction score
I was wondering how do you get the best out of this player? I have him on loan for Celtic but he's been a tad inconsistent playing in the Poacher role. Is there a better position for him?

Advanced/Complete Forward works best for me. he has good speed, heading, and finishing, which makes him quite deadly. He should get a fairly consistent rating though, as he has high work rate.

Yeah, well he had 6.7 in his first game then 9.3 in his second, so it startled me a bit. Or does one's strike partner affect how they play?

Last edited:
deep lying foward

Deep laying forward is the complete opposite you should play a strong pacy striker

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

by playing him deep his strength is of no use as deep laying strikers find pockets of space outside the box and your giving the defenders a head start so pace is nullfiyed, Depending on what system you play i partly agree with stuW but only as an advanced forward i dont think he is techniquely adept for the complete role, i myself play him as a poacher using his pace and strength and not needing to use any of his weak tech stats, target man forward run on to ball works well woth him too, i signed him from united with roma and in 2019 he left them to city for 32 million

by playing him deep his strength is of no use as deep laying strikers find pockets of space outside the box and your giving the defenders a head start so pace is nullfiyed, Depending on what system you play i partly agree with stuW but only as an advanced forward i dont think he is techniquely adept for the complete role, i myself play him as a poacher using his pace and strength and not needing to use any of his weak tech stats, target man forward run on to ball works well woth him too, i signed him from united with roma and in 2019 he left them to city for 32 million

He works very well in the Complete Forward role, as he has good, all-round attributes. He has worked as an inside forward, advanced forward, and a complete forward, all with good results. Its really down to tactics, and the other players that are playing.

Looking at his stats I would play him in an advanced forward role. I reckon he would work well with a Berbatov typed player.

I played him on the RW for Braga as a inside forward and sometimes as a advanced forward and he was amazing

he aint premier league quality is he? i played him in deep lying forward didn't do good advanced forward didn't do good and he had aguero to support him but didn't do good!!! im managing man utd but it was an fa cup match against QPR

As Blackburn so far he has been abysmal for me as a poacher. He's lost that place in the team as I've signed Yaya Sanogo (who I know turns into a mega star later on in the game) but he's already got me five goals in five games as poacher.

When the opportunity arises I may give him a go as an advanced forward, but for the time being he's the worst performing striker in my save - disappointed as I can see he has potential, which I'm yet to unearth.

If I had a different formation (using standard 4-4-2 with an advanced playmaker in the middle alongside a ball winning midfield and a target man on the left, poacher on the right), I'd definitely agree that Birame Diouf would be a great inside forward on the right.

what i found with him, was that his finishing didnt develop that much. he was quick, strong and aware but couldnt shoot to save his life, he kept on skying shots. play him with a quick player you know can finish (i played him with utaka cos i was with pompey)