Gav123

Reaction score
im just looking to see if anyone has had a succesful and enjoyable man city save , im considering going them but i hate hate hate hate big squads but could make an exception for them

also
Has anyone had any kind of success with Blackpool ive not tried yet but my mate said his was a disaster with them and i only want to play the ian holloway blackpool style but i know that will most likely lead to major defeats in the game

as you can prob tell im picky when it coems to fm haha

why dont you go for a more middle of the road team, like spurs? rather than ging from the biggest resources (man city) to the poorest (blackpool), heck of a difference in your management styles

Spurs aint middle table :L try Sunderland Aston Villa teams like that?

I enjoy it :D You can make the team look like the way you want. Offload the players you dont like. The only problem in the beginning is.... i wanted to offload swp, brdige, ade,jo... players like that.

But....they got very high wages, no1 pays them. So they take a cut but u have to pay the remaining of it, till their contract would have expired.

I'm Blackpool, i'm 18th after 26 games. I can't score a goal and DJ Campbell and Harewood are ****. Elliot Grandin is **** btw, never play him.

im currently managing man city and its the 1st time ive really gotten into fm11 so yeah its good....

I'm Blackpool, i'm 18th after 26 games. I can't score a goal and DJ Campbell and Harewood are ****. Elliot Grandin is **** btw, never play him.

Blackpool aren't s***, you just to understand skill wise, they are comparable to most Championship sides (in FM2011 that is) and in order to win you have to better tactially and do your research before each game.

f*** off Blackpool are a brilliant team and your just a bad manager that's why u cant stay up

Just starting off my Blackpool save. What is Campbell's best role?
Managed to snap up Federico Macheda on loan.

Last edited:
gotta give blackpool ago all i see is people struggling with it.
ive won prem with villa,liverpool and got top 4 with newcastle within 2 seasons i gotta do it:)

Blackpool aren't s***, you just to understand skill wise, they are comparable to most Championship sides (in FM2011 that is) and in order to win you have to better tactially and do your research before each game.

Damned Avatar thief ;)

I guess with City being able to get any player out there it helps if you have them in your heart. I've never known anything but City so when i first started playing manager games 20 years ago i was always City first. It's still very strange buying a player for £100M just for Khaldoon to come along a month later and make another £100M avaialable... It's insane but awesome if you're a City fan for real.

I would say the best way to go about starting a new save with City would be to only realy buy for the future. Go into the game armed with a good list of teenage wonderkids. I only bought two big signings at the start of the second season (Sneijder and Dzeko) but to be honest our squad is already awesome and you only need 1 or 2 big names.

Last edited:
see my thoughts are if i went city i would expect to win at least the double first season haha that would be my challenge!because im more used to working with budgets, with teams like Utrecht,Rangers,newcastle,parma and setting myself challenges with different teams so with city i would say the challenge is to win trophies in the first season

if i went blackpool it would be survival obviously but im not sure if it would be too hard because i gett very frustrated playing this game haha

Finished 10th with Blackpool first season. Key players for me were Charlie Adam, Jay Demerit and Leigh Griffiths. Starting my second season now.

On my Blackpool save, I was mid table going in to January and then form fell apart.

Switched my tactics from Counter to standard depending on what formation I was playing. Played 4-5-1 with Grandin on AML and Taylor Fletcher on the right. Won away at Villa, Sunderland and Everton.

Campbell poacher by him sell set as target man run on to ball, scored 11 goals in the first half of the season.

Damned Avatar thief ;)

I guess with City being able to get any player out there it helps if you have them in your heart. I've never known anything but City so when i first started playing manager games 20 years ago i was always City first. It's still very strange buying a player for £100M just for Khaldoon to come along a month later and make another £100M avaialable... It's insane but awesome if you're a City fan for real.

I would say the best way to go about starting a new save with City would be to only realy buy for the future. Go into the game armed with a good list of teenage wonderkids. I only bought two big signings at the start of the second season (Sneijder and Dzeko) but to be honest our squad is already awesome and you only need 1 or 2 big names.

I would never be able to manage City well purely because of that reason ^
If I had a huge budget , I would just go out and buy everyone.
My team would never gel