Man City duo set for exit

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says Shaun Wright-Phillips and Roque Santa Cruz are likely to leave the club in the coming days.

More...

santa cruz to blackburn hopefully he can find his form again and start banging them in however doubt if he can stay fit anymore

apparently we are in for SWP too... what is it with big eck and right mids atm

Larsson & Bentley is enough for now XD

I think SWP is a great buy for any club. Despite his lack of height or strengh he's still good player.

Santa Cruz to Blackburn, and SWP to Fulham, both good players, and could do a job at any level IMO. Feels like I haven't seen SWP in ages.

I think SWP is a great buy for any club. Despite his lack of height or strengh he's still good player.

liverrpool should buy shaun wright phillips, would be a great buy for us we need a good pacey right winger, an he would every game, an id like us to go for santa cruz or adebayor aswel probly would depend on the asking price though with r current situation

liverrpool should buy shaun wright phillips, would be a great buy for us we need a good pacey right winger, an he would every game, an id like us to go for santa cruz or adebayor aswel probly would depend on the asking price though with r current situation

Was just about to say this.Think he would be a good signing for Liverpool. Not to sure what 'Pool fans opinion of Kuyt out on the right, but I'd prefer to see Kuyt working hard next to Torres.

Was just about to say this.Think he would be a good signing for Liverpool. Not to sure what 'Pool fans opinion of Kuyt out on the right, but I'd prefer to see Kuyt working hard next to Torres.

Absolutely, Kuyt does a job on the right, but it is not his best position, he is there more for his workrate, this is not how Liverpool should be playing. SWP would allow us to play more expansive football and let Torres have a decent partner (Kuyt).

SWP is exactly what we need. No pace anywhere in our team except Dembele but he's injured all the time. Hope we get both to be honest.

gutted about santa cruz - hes so much better than jo... i dont see wat mancini sees in jo at all.

should be SWP and jo being sold.

I feel sorry for SWP as I think he is a player with alot of quality, He should have left City ages ago as it was obvious he wasn't going to play much for them. Great player needs to be played reguarly though.

gutted about santa cruz - hes so much better than jo... i dont see wat mancini sees in jo at all.

should be SWP and jo being sold.

Younger, not injury prone, lower wage. but Jo should be sold too tbh.

Younger, not injury prone, lower wage. but Jo should be sold too tbh.

id rather have an older, more injury prone player on a higher wage if he can actually play at the required standard - jo may have advantages in the things you mentioned, but hes ****.

id rather have an older, more injury prone player on a higher wage if he can actually play at the required standard - jo may have advantages in the things you mentioned, but hes ****.

They offload high waged..not needed players. Because the upcoming rules. Thats why they should sell Adebayor sooner rather than later.

They offload high waged..not needed players. Because the upcoming rules. Thats why they should sell Adebayor sooner rather than later.

is santa cruz really on that high a wage? mancini should be keeping santa cruz for now and selling adebayor and jo as priority instead, then selling santa cruz if balotelli doesnt need another opertion. then we would have tevez, dzeko and balotelli as the main strikeforce with the reserves (nimely and guidetti) as a worst case scenario, although playing with a lone striker i cant see a problem with having 3 strikers on rotation...

I hope newcastle try and get SWP on loan would give us extra strength and depth and if he can recapture form could be an asset!