Man City Problem !

• Thread starter Thread starter HaZaRd0uZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 4K
Also buy free players :D I sign them in January then they come in June. After that you can offer them in August but there are loan offers. So loan them for 1.5m£ for each guy. 1 season later they come from loan and sell them. I made at least 50-70m£ per year by that. I feel guilty sometimes playing with their futures but why not make extra profit at least 50m£ that's a lot i think.

What sort of player can you do that with to get a decent amount?

Sorry to sound a discordant note, but what's the point of exploiting the game like this? I mean you could never do this successfully for a real club. If you willing to exploit the game, you can just use the genie scout and get good players for the money that you have got. It will also take less time.

Anyway, if you really wanted to do this, you could do this with any player who would sign for you. The better the player, the better value you will get for him later. Reputation is a big factor too.

It's hardly an exploit, i could well end up with that player stuck in my reserves through their contract with nobody wanting them ...

You can always sell them for a decent amount, especially if you signed a good player. I have never had a problem offloading someone I didn't want. Which reminds me - the wage demanded is important. If the wage demand is high, you will be stuck paying the wage as he won't move or you will have to give compensation, wiping out your profits. I just don't think it is realistic at all - just imagine how footballers will react if a club/manager did this to them.

I'd have to agree with decreasing the wages. Don't curb spending, just ensure you aren't paying crazy wages.

For instance in my Man City save I'm in December, similar finances as well, and I have Adebayor on 150,000 per week when I just use him as backup for Tevez. Thats ridiculous. I've got first team players on less than that. I'll try and sell him though, his value is high as he performed well but his wages are too high. Same with Bellamy as well, yes they perform fairly well but not anywhere near enough to justify their contracts, especially when I could field youngsters as the 2 aforementioned players are simply backups.

Hey.

It usually takes 2-3 years of patient rebuilding to get the wage structure at Man City under any semblance of sanity. A few tips:

1. Play hard ball while negotiating. A player will usually settle for lesser if you bargain hard enough. I signed Jovetic and Hazard in first season. They both demanded about 120-140k, with 25-35 as appearance bonus and all that. I finally signed both at a contract of 80k a week. With about 10-15 as appearance fees and 10% wage rise per season.

2. While signing, increasing sign on bonus helps. It makes living with a lowered wage that much more acceptable to the players, and the sign on is a one time payment only. Dont go crazy, just pump it by 20% of the asked bonus max.

3. While selling, if a player demands money to move, reject it. Then offer him again. If the club interested is desperate enough they'll buy him. Robinho, when I was selling him, asked me to pay him 200k per week! I told him to ****** off. Then offered him again. This time Tottenham (the club buying) offered him the right deal and he moved without any weekly payment.

4. While selling, reduce the asking prince by 20%. Being Man City, you dont really desperately need the money from transfer, although it never hurts. So while selling a player on insane wages who is not desperately wanted by a big club (Say Real Madrid, Barca, or EPL big four etc.) lowering his asking price gives the buying club some more money to arrive at an agreement with him over wages.

5. Final extreme, tried this once and it worked, completely ruin your relationship with the player. I did this with Robinho. The idea was to make him so ****** off that he would want to move desperately even if that meant agreeing a lower wage. Fined Robinho 2 weeks wages for missing training while he was already pleading unfair treatment for an official warning given for the same offence a week ago. Worked like a charm. (See point 3).

6. Reduce squad size. Playing in the EPL with the whole 25 man squad nonsense, you will have to drastically trim your squad anyhow. In the first season buy some youth talent (Bale, Rodwell, Hazard, Jovetic, Kadlec etc.) coz they will perform well coz motivated, ask for lesser wages, and dont have to be registered coz they'll be under 21 for a few years.

7. Finally, while signing regens, take a good look at the wage demands. Regens usually agree to contracts worth a lot less than originally asked for.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

Anirudh.

Some nice suggestions I will have to try as Liverpool ;)

One question though - about ruining the relationship. Are you sure about fining a player like that? I fined a player 1 week's wage for getting a straight red, but half the team was up in arms against it claiming unfair treatment. The squad harmony took a nose-dive. They all settled down eventually, but it was quite a lot to deal with.

Some nice suggestions I will have to try as Liverpool ;)

One question though - about ruining the relationship. Are you sure about fining a player like that? I fined a player 1 week's wage for getting a straight red, but half the team was up in arms against it claiming unfair treatment. The squad harmony took a nose-dive. They all settled down eventually, but it was quite a lot to deal with.

hehe...

It seems you may have picked the wrong player to mess around with. For instance if I had done something that shirty to Tevez (who all the Man City squad in my game seem to adore, and who is also incidentally my captain) then half the players would have wanted my head. Robinho had just come in from loan, and so no one really cared. For that matter what do you think will happen if Roy Hodgson treats Stevie G unfairly in real life? Carra and the rest of the squad would be after his balls.

Besides, I had initially Issued a Formal Warning to Robinho the first time he missed training. It was only the second time he missed training in three weeks that I fined him 2 weeks wages.

Normally you should Issue Warning for first offence, including straight reds. Also you should be careful while handling players who are revered by your team. A good thing to do every now and then is to just open the profile of the first guy on your team list, and click on the Personal tab. Then keep your eyes on the right side of the screen where the player happiness/future plans/squad relationships etc. are listed while scrolling through all your players one by one (the little arrows to the right and left of the player name). That way you know who not to mess around with. :) You also get to know who wants a new contract and all that.

PS: I recently tried sending Toure to South China to one of my affiliates coz he was demanding money to move. :) (6) Dint work..... hehe

Last edited:
chelsea normally buy bellamy for 15m from me :D i normally loan out barry & lescott aswell with roughly 1.5m initiall fee & the other clubs paying atleat 60% of their wages. another thing to do is work out your starting 11 then make sure you have a back up for each position but make sure your back ups are on a smaller wage than your startin 11. just offer as many players to clubs when your figure out your squad

Sorry for the bump but I have another question related to this so I thought it better to post here than start a new thread.

Anyways. I was wondering, when the **** does the owner pump more cash in and update transfer budgets. Everyone gives the impression that its a regular thing but nothing of the kind has happened in my game and I'm almost in January.

Back