Man City should cut wages - Toure

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester City defender Kolo Toure says the club should cut the wages of his team-mates unless they start working harder.

More...

Must be great earning up to 220k per week and not even putting effort into training...

Then again City are stupid enough to pay these amounts.

Trying to be Keano. You are not worth half what they pay for you. Same goes for your brother,

Trying to be Keano. You are not worth half what they pay for you. Same goes for your brother,

I not to sure how he is trying to be keano tbh, He is generally telling the truth.

If you want to cut other player's wages. Volunteer to cut yours first.
I imagine that this statement, is doing just that! He wouldn't say it if he wasn't prepared to do it himself.

can't believe this hasn't come out earlier, I don't know how Yaya is earning 2000000000 million per week, and some of the kids around 500, it's ridiculous, and insane, and not fair?

Salary cap anyone?

I not to sure how he is trying to be keano tbh, He is generally telling the truth.

Keane leaves Manchester United after attacking seven of his team-mates on the club's TV channel, MUTV. Keane's most stinging vitriol was reserved for Ferguson's record signing, Rio Ferdinand. "Just because you are paid £120,000-a-week and play well for 20 minutes against Tottenham, you think you are a superstar," Keane said. "The younger players have been let down by some of the more experienced players. They are just not leading. There is a shortage of characters in this team. It seems to be in this club that you have to play badly to be rewarded. Maybe that is what I should do when I come back. Play badly." Not surprisingly the video, originally scheduled as part of the Roy Keane Plays the Pundit slot on MUTV, was pulled at the insistence of manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Keano did the same which led his departure. He slagged off Rio too.

I know what Keano did, But i dont think Toure thought, Keane did it, so i should, i think he generally beileves what he said.

I know what Keano did, But i dont think Toure thought, Keane did it, so i should, i think he generally beileves what he said.

Lol i was just comparing both scenarios. Didnt mean Toure copied Keano.

Oh, the irony. When he refuses his 100k p/w pay packet, I might listen.

typical manchester united fan response. Couldnt possibly be about Kolo looking at the bigger picture, it has to be some attempt at replicating the all powerful, all mighty manchester united.

I'd rather have Kolo Toure on a high wage at my club than Nani, Kolo can stay on his feet for 90 minutes.

Toure..lol that guy left Arsenal what for???...effin money.
I would say I'd had a spat with a team mate as well if I didn't want peole to think that- and that was the rumour of what he said..
Trouble is City fans I agree its great having all this money and been able to buy top class players.. I would just be concerned about players only being there for money and not giving a toss about the club..
Gotta give Tevez a pat on the back tho. That guy works his little cotton socks off.
I still think Mancini isn't the right man for the job..Apart from Tevez I think he leaves your best player on the bench too often..ADAM JOHNSON!!!!! would start every game in my team

Lol i was just comparing both scenarios. Didnt mean Toure copied Keano.

Just came across that way. Sorry for any confusion

typical manchester united fan response. Couldnt possibly be about Kolo looking at the bigger picture, it has to be some attempt at replicating the all powerful, all mighty manchester united.

I'd rather have Kolo Toure on a high wage at my club than Nani, Kolo can stay on his feet for 90 minutes.

Dont tarnish us all with the same ****.

And dont blast Nani he is a talented player, who any club would be happy to have,

Dont get your knickers in twist. I was just comparing the scenario.

Scott said:
Dont tarnish us all with the same ****.

Sorry Scott, I did try to exclude you from the post by liking your reply up there which I agreed with. But when I say 'typical' I mean typical, not all

Sorry Scott, I did try to exclude you from the post by liking your reply up there which I agreed with. But when I say 'typical' I mean typical, not all

Fair enough Mate, no harm done.

Back