begon

Reaction score
Hello everybody,I'm having a small problem playing Man City with a deep 4-5-1 (2DM, 1AMC in a support role, 2Wingers in attack role.) With the huge Man City transfer budgets I've had over the last seasons(I'm halfway the 4th season) I've been able to buy loads of stars and everything is going pretty well, except that I can't seem to get my strikers to get a decent amount of goals.

In the attacking midfield I've been able to ****** up Cristiano Ronaldo, Eden Hazard, Jack Wilshere, Alexis Sanchez, Paulo Henrique and I've kept Silva and Milner.

As a striker which I play as a deep lying forward or complete forward in a support role I've got Dzeko, Lukaku and Paloschi.

My strikers seem to be only scoring goals on set pieces and hardly any when getting alone in front of goal (which happens a lot.) Now I know they're playing in a support role and they will be scoring less than in attack roles, it's just that all my midfielders seem to be scoring way more and the assists aren't even coming from the strikers but from other midfielders.

Is there any way I could tweak my striker's instructions (preferably for dzeko in a complete forward support role) a little bit so they'll start banging them in more? I've been thinking about dropping them a bit deeper, but my AMC (also in support role) seems to be playing higher than my striker already...

Thanks in advance to the tactical masterminds!

I would suggest trying out my tactic, see how it works, not many people are fussed with helping anyone who plays City bud ;) thats why no one has replied...

give it a go and see what you think, going to upload it later...

View attachment 113967

Is it really a problem that your strikers arent scoring? Mine arent scoring on my Aston Villa save but Young and Queresma are picking up the slack as well as ireland. And yeah i agree with Raikan, most will laugh you off cause of the money available to a Man City manager

i play also with Man City.
You have a great team. I start with 60M euro and just buy Marek Hamsik.
I have now 36M left. So, I just don't understand how you do it.
And all those who laughing because I play with Man city are stupid. What is the different between Man city and Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter, Man U, ... The transferbudget is allmost the same.
(sorry for my english)
How buy you players? Is there a 'trick' for buying players for 'low' price? I paid 15M +15M (18month) for Hamsik M. This is expensive i think. Palermo would sell Pastore J for 78M. That's unreal, isn't it? What should i pay than for C Ronaldo or another topplayer??

I'm playing with City to get back in the groove of FM games, last one I played was 2005 so I picked an easy club to get used to the interface and all the new additions since then.

For top notch young players like Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey, I have to pay about 4-5 times their transfer fees. It depends on the clubs and how needed the player is.

Other top young players from lower leagues will sell from 2-3.5 times their listed value.

In my first season, I payed:
$27 mil for Neymar - listed value was ~$10 mil
$19.5 mil for Cesar Azpilicueta - value was $10 mil
$22 mil for Jack Rodwell - value was ~$8.5 mil
$17.5 mil for Mario Fernandez - value was under $10 mil

I dumped Patrick Vieria, Gareth Barry, Joleon Lescott, Pablo Zabaleta, Shaun Wright-Philips and Wayne Bridge.

Second season I bought:

$44 mil for Aaron Ramsey - value was ~$12 mil
$36 mil for Nicolas Otamendi - value was $13 mil (my fans got ****** and said I'm wasting money)
$27 mil for Eden Hazard - value was $12 mil (bargain buy, he's on fire! i sub him in in the 60th and he always gets a goal or an assist within 10 minutes)
$26 mil for Yann M'Villa - value was $10 mil

I'm also playing with City and have a similar team. Dzeko has been an antichrist for me the past 4 years, gets at least 20 a season. I play him as a lone striker with two inside forwards and a playmaker behind him like so.

-------------------------------------------------Hart--------------------------------------------

Srna-------------Chillini--------------------K.Toure---------------------------Guirault(Regen)

--------------------------------------------------------M'Villa------------YToure---------------------------------------------------

--------------------------Aguero-------------------------Pastore-----------------------------Wilshere/Silva

--------------------------------------------------------------Dzeko/Tevez------------------------------------------------------

I use Pastore as my playmaker, long shot often, run with ball. Dzeko target man, Silva and Aguero as inside forwards Adam Johnson is a super sub aswell. Short passing, retain possestion, pass to feet this team is as good at holding the ball as Barcelona is. 3 Premiership titles so far. Play Dzeko as an advanced forward and teach him to move into channels.