ryanbuddy

Reaction score
Hello I have im near the start of the season and ive won all my games so far with Man City and I have about 5 away games in a row. I really need an away tactic becuase my other one isnt very good

Last edited:
put up a screen shot of your tactic so we can investigate.Also don't continue
the conversation withsomeguy_10.

put up a screen shot of your tactic so we can investigate.Also don't continue
the conversation withsomeguy_10.

Yes , post up a screenshot of you squad and tactics
so we can give feedback based on what we know is happening with your team.
For man city I played attacking football home and away doesnt matter if its stoke city or chelsea or anybody else , I was not scared of any opposition and they didnt loose too many games needless to say ;).

I recommend direct passing quick tempo attacking mentality home and away with plenty of width .I had played almost all my games with a simple attacking 4-4-2 home and away and won 4 premiership titles (STARTING WITH THE 1st season) and the champions league 3rd season.

Over the 4 seasons I completely renovated my team replacing almost every player except micah richards (yes even robinho went eventually as he just wasn't good enough for my team).
http://img50.imageshack.us/content.php?page=done&l=img50/8508/citytactics4thseason.jpg&via=mupload

Thats my team, some players are only in there becuase I needed them for another tactic that failed. Thanks for the help

bigger

Dude,
Can you make your screen shot just a little larger.

Thats my team, some players are only in there becuase I needed them for another tactic that failed. Thanks for the help
It appears you lack quality naturall central midfielders (veloso and de jong are defensive midfielders naturally) and you also lack quality in your defense as well (I recommend replacing dunne).Perhaps try to play a 4-2-3-1 with de jong and veloso the holding midfielders and wright phillips /petrov on the flanks elano amc.

like this perhaps
---------------------GK Given-----------------------------
LB bridge CB Dunne(buy a new cb) CB richards RB Barzaletti
--------------DM De Jong DM Miguel Veloso-----------------
AML petrov (Albin or buy new?)AMC Elano (dzagoev?) AMR wright phillips
-------------------ST Robinho-------------------------------

I recommend you offload caicedo and sturridge and purchase joao moutinho and christian zapataor start a new game on a weegie patch where they have players like tevez and whatnot ;)

Last edited:
I m using Man City currently and am in my first season. I am enjoying success and am in 3rd position after half a season. Won against Arsenal (4-3 after going 3-0 down), Chelsea(3-0), United(2-1) and lost to Liverpool(1-2). I play a high tempo 4-4-2 and my usual line up is:
Joe Hart
Onouha Sakho Richards Garrido
W.Phillips Palombo Ireland Petrov
Huntelaar Robinho
Subs: Schmiechel, Dunne, Zabaleta, Elano, Johnson, Kompany, Sturridge

Palombo is DMC (rare runs, often thru balls, hold up ball)
Ireland is more attacking (mixed runs, often thru balls, often long shots)
Robinho is shadow-type striker (mixed runs, often thru balls)
Huntelaar is main striker (often runs etc)
Use Zabaleta against stronger teams as Onouha is not very strong and so is W.Phillips.
Try this if u want. Huntelaar and Ireland are my main scorers.

I m using Man City currently and am in my first season. I am enjoying success and am in 3rd position after half a season. Won against Arsenal (4-3 after going 3-0 down), Chelsea(3-0), United(2-1) and lost to Liverpool(1-2). I play a high tempo 4-4-2 and my usual line up is:
Joe Hart
Onouha Sakho Richards Garrido
W.Phillips Palombo Ireland Petrov
Huntelaar Robinho
Subs: Schmiechel, Dunne, Zabaleta, Elano, Johnson, Kompany, Sturridge

Palombo is DMC (rare runs, often thru balls, hold up ball)
Ireland is more attacking (mixed runs, often thru balls, often long shots)
Robinho is shadow-type striker (mixed runs, often thru balls)
Huntelaar is main striker (often runs etc)
Use Zabaleta against stronger teams as Onouha is not very strong and so is W.Phillips.
Try this if u want. Huntelaar and Ireland are my main scorers.
I think you'd be better off using bridge as the leftback he is 3 times the player garrido is.
Bridge richards sakho zabaleta would be a better defense.

try the 1-1-8 formation,it should suite city well with the amount of strikers they are buying,

1-1-8 sounds good but i dont wanna risk it
Thanks for the help guys