hughsi

Reaction score
I've been working on a 4-5-1 for Man City based on LGFIREs Guardiola tactic.

I've not bought anyone and holidayed through the first season to test it, with reasonable results, I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve it.

I play with a Sweeper Keeper, Central Defender, Ball Playing Defender, Wingbacks, Anchor Man, DLP, Advanced Playmaker, Inside Forwards and Deep Lying Forward.

I finished to season in third with 81 points, scoring 78 and conceding 36.

The main things I want to improve are my Wingbacks haven't scored any league goals all season and my Advanced Playmaker has been pretty bad. Could also do with improving my Inside Forwards and Anchor Man if possible.

Thanks for any help.

well first off i wouldnt play silva as centre mid either behind striker or on wing. milner is fine in centre mid but wha about barry? toure?

buy paulo hebrique or hamsik for centre mid, neymar and hazard for AMR and AML

well first off i wouldnt play silva as centre mid either behind striker or on wing. milner is fine in centre mid but wha about barry? toure?

I did initially try playing with a 4-1-1-3-1 formation but the team crashed and burned, thats why I pulled Silva back, any suggestions for making that formation work ??

buy paulo hebrique or hamsik for centre mid, neymar and hazard for AMR and AML

Sorry mate, I meant how can I improve it tactically, not improve players.

I did initially try playing with a 4-1-1-3-1 formation but the team crashed and burned, thats why I pulled Silva back, any suggestions for making that formation work ??

Sorry mate, I meant how can I improve it tactically, not improve players.
well i have never used the 41131 but if your a playing one centre midfield then you are bound to fail my general rule is allways to have at least two centre midfielders. you could pla a 41311.

I've been playing a 4-2-3-1 which has been working wonders. It's the first time I've fiddled about with player instructions and that so just experimenting at the moment but found that formation works best.

Play Tevez as a Poacher, Johnson as AMR - Inside Forward attack, Silva as AMC - advanced playmaker attack.Then De Jong as CM - Ball Winning Midfielder defend and Toure as CM - deep lying playmaker support.

Not sure about your left wing, possible buy someone like Hazard or Bale, or switch Johnson and play him AML and Wright Philips AMR both winger attack with drill crosses.

Defence I play Kompany as Ball Playing Defender - cover and my other CB as limited defender - stopper.

Wingbacks, Kolarov and Zabaleta really aren't that great, don't expect goals from them.