aiantas97

Reaction score
OK,I have played about 10-12 matches so far.I do have won the most of them but my players always win with one-goal margin.What exactly happens is that for 50 minutes my players have the control of the match,they push etc.But they can't score as much as it is needed.They always loose about 10(!) one-on-ones.After these minutes,the score might be 1-0,2-1 for me,but then we are defending and they're always at my area.And for my good luck they don't score,but this can't keep going...So any solution anyone?And can someone suggest me a good training schedule?

Maybe you need to alter the formation. What formation are you using with roles/players.

Maybe you need to alter the formation. What formation are you using with roles/players.
OK I play a 4-2-3-1 deep formation(role in brackets).GK Hart DR Zabaleta(Auto) DL Coentrao(Auto) DC K.Toure(Defense) DC Company(Defense) DM Y.Toure(Defense) DM De Jong(Defense) AML E.Hazard(Attack) AMC Hamsik/Pastore(Support/Support) AMR Da Silva(Support) CF Tevez(Attack).

PS I have not changed the roles because I'm not expert at such things,so I kept the defaults.

Last edited:
Set Zabaleta and Coentrao to Wing-Back(Support). Also I would push Toure and De Jong into CM. Have De Jong as Ball Winning Midfielder(Support) and Hamsik as Deep-Lying Playmaker(Support). Hazard and Silva as Inside Forward(Attack), Pastore as Attacking Midfielder(Attack). Then Tevez as Poacher(Attack)

When I played as City that formation with majority of players we were scoring lots and conceding hardly any. I also altered team instructions and sliders as well but for a basic start try those positions.

Well as long as you keep winning there's no problem really. Man utd don't say "we won the title but we're dissapointed that we leave to the last minute." Now do they? Don't be greedy just keep the same formation if you keep winning

OK I'll try these options.But unfortunately Coentrao can't play as a wing back so I brought in Kolarov.One more question:Can you explain me what is a poacher?:)

OK I'll try these options.But unfortunately Coentrao can't play as a wing back so I brought in Kolarov.One more question:Can you explain me what is a poacher?:)

Sorry don't change the position of them. Keep them as DR and DL but then right click on them and select wing back instead of full back.

If you right click on the attacker, in this case tevez it will come up with a drop down list of roles for the player. Select poacher - attack and tevez, balotelli and dzeko will score regularly.

Sorry don't change the position of them. Keep them as DR and DL but then right click on them and select wing back instead of full back.

If you right click on the attacker, in this case tevez it will come up with a drop down list of roles for the player. Select poacher - attack and tevez, balotelli and dzeko will score regularly.

I certainly hope so.What about team instructions?

I certainly hope so.What about team instructions?

Philosophy - Rigid
Starting Strategy - Control
Passing Style - Shorter
Closing Down - Press More
Marking - Man Marking
Roaming - Stick to Position
Defensive Line - Push Up
Width - Wide
Tempo - Slow
Play Offside -Yes

All the rest were default if I remember correctly.

Mate.

Your team is full of potential, but they wont be good enough at the moment

Try a 442 with Dzeko and Tevez up front, Silva and Johnson on the wings and Toure / Hamsik in the middle

Try putting your defensive line to High or very high, this might help your "When I defend they are in my Area problem".

They're always in your half because you're playing too deep. Only reason to play 2 deep DM's is to contain/counter attack.

Try 4-5-1

Play 3 across the middle with two advanced wingers. Set Pastore to play deep lying playmaker, Toure and De Jong to ball winning support.

Have Hazard cutting in from the left as in inside forward, and silva playing as wide right also cutting in.

Could also play 4-3-2-1.

Standard back 4 with wing backs set as support. (need to have good stamina)
Two quick wide men with a central balling winning midfielder
Two advanced attack midfield. One as a support playmaker (pastor) other as inside forward (hazard)
Then Tevez as poacher upfront (pace/composure is far more important in this position then finishing)

At home play:

Fluid/Attacking
Direct
Press
Man mark
Back line push up
Quick tempo
Wide

The only downside to this tactic is fitness. Anyone below 15-16 in stamina will struggle to play 90mins.

Away play

Balanced/Control
Short
Press in own half
Man mark
Normal/Slow
Normal/Narrow (swap out quick wide men for more hard working wide men)

If playing an attack minded team like Arsenal then bring the CM back to play as DM anchor man.

I use this with united and I score on average 70-80 goals a season and never concede more then 10-15

Currently on 26 games without conceding (all competitions).

Last edited:
They're always in your half because you're playing too deep. Only reason to play 2 deep DM's is to contain/counter attack.

Try 4-5-1

Play 3 across the middle with two advanced wingers. Set Pastore to play deep lying playmaker, Toure and De Jong to ball winning support.

Have Hazard cutting in from the left as in inside forward, and silva playing as wide right also cutting in.

Could also play 4-3-2-1.

Standard back 4 with wing backs set as support. (need to have good stamina)
Two quick wide men with a central balling winning midfielder
Two advanced attack midfield. One as a support playmaker (pastor) other as inside forward (hazard)
Then Tevez as poacher upfront (pace/composure is far more important in this position then finishing)

At home play:

Fluid/Attacking
Direct
Press
Man mark
Back line push up
Quick tempo
Wide

The only downside to this tactic is fitness. Anyone below 15-16 in stamina will struggle to play 90mins.

Away play

Balanced/Control
Short
Press in own half
Man mark
Normal/Slow
Normal/Narrow (swap out quick wide men for more hard working wide men)

If playing an attack minded team like Arsenal then bring the CM back to play as DM anchor man.

I use this with united and I score on average 70-80 goals a season and never concede more then 10-15

Currently on 26 games without conceding (all competitions).
I followed your instructions and I hope they'll work.You wrote so many things,can you also suggest me a good training schedule?

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

@Darren83 I played my first match since when I followed your instructions with Napoli for Europa League Group Stage.I won 1-0(Home).The score may not changed but I definitely saw an improvement.But still they were pressing me at the last 20 minutes.Generally,they had 4 shoots and I had 23.So maybe they must get used to the new system..hehe :) This isn't one of the best formation for Man City because they don't have good fitness

Last edited:
Training I don't really mess with. I set a heavy schedule pre-season then reduce it down to medium during the season. There is a few guides on this site if you wish to set your own training schedules.

Only advice I would give is not to over work players under 24. Play them for 2 to 3 games then rest them for 1 to 2 games. I always keep a couple decent squad players around to play when required.

With regards to fitness just ease of the pressing when you can. If you're winning by 2 goals (1 goal is never a good margin) then lay off the pressing and revert to a counter tactic with clear ball to flanks. This will allow you to get the wide players up and running and hopefully catch them short at the back.

With the 4-3-2-1 tactic you will have a lot of attempts at goal. I rarely drop below 20 attempts at goal per game and have been as high as 35. If they're playing a counter tactic set your defense to deep and pull your CM back to play DM anchor man.

Edit: Forgot to post that you need to get your team to learn the 4-3-2-1 tactic. Also stick the match prep on team blend and leave it there.

Last edited:
Training I don't really mess with. I set a heavy schedule pre-season then reduce it down to medium during the season. There is a few guides on this site if you wish to set your own training schedules.

Only advice I would give is not to over work players under 24. Play them for 2 to 3 games then rest them for 1 to 2 games. I always keep a couple decent squad players around to play when required.

With regards to fitness just ease of the pressing when you can. If you're winning by 2 goals (1 goal is never a good margin) then lay off the pressing and revert to a counter tactic with clear ball to flanks. This will allow you to get the wide players up and running and hopefully catch them short at the back.

With the 4-3-2-1 tactic you will have a lot of attempts at goal. I rarely drop below 20 attempts at goal per game and have been as high as 35. If they're playing a counter tactic set your defense to deep and pull your CM back to play DM anchor man.

Edit: Forgot to post that you need to get your team to learn the 4-3-2-1 tactic. Also stick the match prep on team blend and leave it there.
Man,you're unbelievable!!I am in mid-February and with the system you gave me I've already won FA Cup!I'm leading Premier League,I easily got rid of Copenhagen and I'm at 16 of Europa League facing Samptoria!Tevez got injured for about 5 months and my primary CF is Dzeko,who by the way has scored 29 goals-30 appearances!And I hardly ever conceding.

Man,I'm thankful for the system!It works great although my players get tired but OK.
One last question:Lahm is decent player?Because Bayern offered me him for 18m €.Should I buy him?

Glad I could help :D

Lahm is a pretty decent player. Don't think I've ever bought him though so couldn't say how he does performance wise.

Because it is such a high tempo tactic you will get the odd injury to players. I've currently got Ferdinand, Park, Giggs, Anderson all injured for 2-5 months, but I have good squad depth so injuries don't really matter. Make sure you have 3 good players for each position and you'll win every thing for many years.

Just read through some of the advice, and its helping my 4-2-3-1 so much :) Also, Lahm is quite a good player, if you need rotation in that area he's good enough to be there.

Glad I could help :D

Lahm is a pretty decent player. Don't think I've ever bought him though so couldn't say how he does performance wise.

Because it is such a high tempo tactic you will get the odd injury to players. I've currently got Ferdinand, Park, Giggs, Anderson all injured for 2-5 months, but I have good squad depth so injuries don't really matter. Make sure you have 3 good players for each position and you'll win every thing for many years.
Yeah,I noticed that.David Sliva for the second time out for 5 months.Tevez also but I don't care,Dzeko seems better.The other striker is Guidetti(!) or something like that but I need one VERY GOOD striker.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Just read through some of the advice, and its helping my 4-2-3-1 so much :) Also, Lahm is quite a good player, if you need rotation in that area he's good enough to be there.
I need.I only have Zabaleta there.

In that case Lahm is probably a good buy, he might be first choice, I dont really know alot about Zabeleta :p