• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon al-Mubarak warns against expecting a lavish spending spree from the club this summer.

More...

Oh come on. Who are you trying to fool, Khaldoon?

He kind of has to say that lol.

FFP and all, alot of chairmen spout nonsense come May about transfer policy etc, look at Aston Villa going against their policy they set out to buy Bent. Cant take these comments too seriously, all he said was City fans should only expect 2 Key big player signings and we all know Man Citys definition of key lol probably Kaka and Eto'o knowing City.

It's like Porto's chairmen coming out yesterday saying NO ONE would be leaving the club, he can't know that especially when Falcao has a 28 million euro release clause in his contract. Usual chairman 'look good for UEFA' statement.

FFP and all, alot of chairmen spout nonsense come May about transfer policy etc, look at Aston Villa going against their policy they set out to buy Bent. Cant take these comments too seriously, all he said was City fans should only expect 2 Key big player signings and we all know Man Citys definition of key lol probably Kaka and Eto'o knowing City.

It's like Porto's chairmen coming out yesterday saying NO ONE would be leaving the club, he can't know that especially when Falcao has a 28 million euro release clause in his contract. Usual chairman 'look good for UEFA' statement.

in fairness he has to go this way city have to start significantly increase revenue, while cutting wages. there may be a big player or two arriving, but expect a good number of players to leave too

in fairness he has to go this way city have to start significantly increase revenue, while cutting wages. there may be a big player or two arriving, but expect a good number of players to leave too

Wasn't it something like 10 playes leaving the club over summer or something like that?

Wasn't it something like 10 playes leaving the club over summer or something like that?

close to that yeah. be interesting to see how much they recoup in fees though

He might of said dont expect a lavish spending spree but to him that means about 250 million so Mancini will get about 100 million to spend lol

close to that yeah. be interesting to see how much they recoup in fees though

Also interesting to see how much compensation City will pay to each player as players have to take big pay cut to sign for other clubs..

City will offload quite a few players to reduce their wage bill, I am quite certain there will be some good bargains for teams as they wont stress too much on the amount of money they generate from selling these players...

they have qualified for the ECL, they were able to bring in Tevez, Silva, Toure, Balotelli when they were only in the Europa League, imagine who they can lure in now......

City will offload quite a few players to reduce their wage bill, I am quite certain there will be some good bargains for teams as they wont stress too much on the amount of money they generate from selling these players...

they have qualified for the ECL, they were able to bring in Tevez, Silva, Toure, Balotelli when they were only in the Europa League, imagine who they can lure in now......

Don't want to think who'd they lure in-its a frightening thought lol. But the ones they do tempt, they'll probably have to offer pretty dam high wages and bonuses. But they can keep their hands of Baines. If he went there, I'd be devastated. I still remember that fiasco that was the Lescott transfer

Think that might have been the fact that they offered them ridiculously high wages in the first place, in truth, City probably wasn't any of those players first choice team...

If the Chairman has some sense he will be thinking the following for the summer,

City's sell list:

Santa Cruz
Jo
Bridge
Milner?...
Kolarov (Doubt it but there is better LB's out there)
Given
Adebayor (Probably to Italy, Juve maybe)

Dream list of Ins:
Llorente
Santone
Pastore
Sanchez
Lacina Traore

Really Dreaming:
Hulk
Pirlo
Chiellini
Tremoulinas

Problem I can see is the obvious wage problem and they're mostly over paid and most wont take cuts, I didn't want to say Boateng since he really hasn't played much and came home injured from the WC he kind of has the 'Torres excuse'. I agree with the points people make about Dzeko being too immobile but I remember watching him in the Bundesliga and he was so dangerous from crosses/anything played to feet so he hasn't just became a bad player overnight.
Milner wont go because he is one of their few HG players despite him flopping (Milner has no excuse whatsoever).

In other City news BBC Sport didn't report on: Talking to Italian media Mario Balotelli states that next season in the community shield final he will die his hair sky blue.

Can't see Baines leaving Everton he doesn't seem the sort of player to be honest

Last edited:
City will go for the following:

Bale, Snjeider, Hulk/Falcao, Modric, central defender like Otamendi (a lot of teams with cash will be looking at the Fc Porto team)

City will go for the following:

Bale, Snjeider, Hulk/Falcao, Modric, central defender like Otamendi (a lot of teams with cash will be looking at the Fc Porto team)

Falcao & Hulk = unthinkable targets for any club, even REAL M or CITY.

If the Chairman has some sense he will be thinking the following for the summer,

City's sell list:

Santa Cruz
Jo
Bridge
Milner?...
Kolarov (Doubt it but there is better LB's out there)
Given
Adebayor (Probably to Italy, Juve maybe)

Dream list of Ins:
Llorente
Santone
Pastore
Sanchez
Lacina Traore

Really Dreaming:
Hulk
Pirlo
Chiellini
Tremoulinas

Problem I can see is the obvious wage problem and they're mostly over paid and most wont take cuts, I didn't want to say Boateng since he really hasn't played much and came home injured from the WC he kind of has the 'Torres excuse'. I agree with the points people make about Dzeko being too immobile but I remember watching him in the Bundesliga and he was so dangerous from crosses/anything played to feet so he hasn't just became a bad player overnight.
Milner wont go because he is one of their few HG players despite him flopping (Milner has no excuse whatsoever).

In other City news BBC Sport didn't report on: Talking to Italian media Mario Balotelli states that next season in the community shield final he will die his hair sky blue.

Can't see Baines leaving Everton he doesn't seem the sort of player to be honest

Thing is with Baines, or any player, he wouldn't be the sort of player to jump ship, but the lure of champions league football would be pretty hard to resist. And he's said if he ever did move on, it would be to a club in the north west. And to be honest, even though I would be gutted, I couldn't blame him. If the club he's at can't afford the funds to bring in new players to improve the squad, and knows things are going to be difficult, would he want to say? If he can improve himself in European football, it would also increase his chances of getting a regular spot for the national squad, which I'd love to see happen for the lad. And we basically need the money badly.

Falcao has a 30m release clause.

Screw that. Im talkin about what both players want(especially Pinto Da Costa), and they both want to stay at Porto.

P.S. And I wouldnt wonder if Da Costa offers a new deal to Falcao.

Screw that. Im talkin about what both players want(especially Pinto Da Costa), and they both want to stay at Porto.

P.S. And I wouldnt wonder if Da Costa offers a new deal to Falcao.

So did Carrol, so did Torres, and so many players before them - and so many players will. I'm not saying he will leave - but if there's a good offer on the table, I don't think they can stop him from leaving.

So did Carrol, so did Torres, and so many players before them - and so many players will. I'm not saying he will leave - but if there's a good offer on the table, I don't think they can stop him from leaving.

Why do you always involve Torres' case. It was a different case with him. He wanted to play in the CL, he wants trophies and THESE with Liverpool he cant have. So stop effing involving him.

Back