Man City urges transfer caution

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 2K
Why do you always involve Torres' case. It was a different case with him. He wanted to play in the CL, he wants trophies and THESE with Liverpool he cant have. So stop effing involving him.

So I can't use an example because you don't like it? =/

BLA BLA BLA the players love their clubs BLA BLA BLA

The players want trophies and MONEY. The clubs want trophies and MONEY. If the transfer and salary fees are high enough, the players will change clubs. That's how it is and that's how it will remain.

It is a wrong example, DUDE!

This is from last May:

"Torres' new bond with his wife isn't the only things he's talking about. The striker also talked about his new contract and his love for Liverpool earlier today in an article via the Echo. His goal next season? To bring a trophy back to Anfield. Sounds like a good goal to me!

I want to remain here, he said. Since arriving at Liverpool I feel that there's a bond and commitment.
We listened to the club's offer, which came on the back of two seasons of positive work.
My objective now is to win a trophy with Liverpool next year. (Liverpool Echo)"

The rest is history.

BLA BLA BLA the players love their clubs BLA BLA BLA

The players want trophies and MONEY. The clubs want trophies and MONEY. If the transfer and salary fees are high enough, the players will change clubs. That's how it is and that's how it will remain.

You've gotta be just kiddin me :)
Players like Terry and Giggs will never play for other clubs except only for Chelsea and Utd respectively.

So, do not try to convince people otherwise.

mark my words, take heed to what I say above, Bale and Modric will be looking to move as Tottenham (unfortunately) wont be playing in the ECL...

Hulk and Faclao have had great seasons with Porto and love Villas-Boas, so may not want to leave, but money talks and bs walks at the end of the day! (who may also be moving to a club like City who would probably look to bring in some of his boys)

I think they will be looking at Lahm/Robben/Ribery to boslter their wide areas as Koloarov is **** and Milner is **** as well, they need to sell Barry (as he is the WORST footballer in History) they will look at getting a good Dm along the lines of M'Vila maybe as well...

This is from last May:

"Torres' new bond with his wife isn't the only things he's talking about. The striker also talked about his new contract and his love for Liverpool earlier today in an article via the Echo. His goal next season? To bring a trophy back to Anfield. Sounds like a good goal to me!

I want to remain here, he said. Since arriving at Liverpool I feel that there's a bond and commitment.
We listened to the club's offer, which came on the back of two seasons of positive work.
My objective now is to win a trophy with Liverpool next year. (Liverpool Echo)"

The rest is history.

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID ? RIGHT? He wants trophies, and when he realised that he wont win any trophies with Pool, he just chose us to help him make his dream come true.
Am I wrong?

You've gotta be just kiddin me :)
Players like Terry and Giggs will never play for other clubs except only for Chelsea and Utd respectively.

So, do not try to convince people otherwise.

Are you seriously comparing Falcao and Hulk to Terry and Giggs? LOL!

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID ? RIGHT? He wants trophies, and when he realised that he wont win any trophies with Pool, he just chose us to help him make his dream come true.
Am I wrong?

Yes, you are. First - you just skipped the whole I want to stay I love the club part, which was my point regarding Falcao.

Second - How many trophies has Chelsea won? How many as Liverpool won? At the end of the day, he didn't win squat, and instead of staying on to play for the 'club he loved' and where he 'wanted to stay' (And being part of a remarkable comeback under Kenny), he moved to greener gress.

Yes, you are. First - you just skipped the whole I want to stay I love the club part, which was my point regarding Falcao.

Second - How many trophies has Chelsea won? How many as Liverpool won? At the end of the day, he didn't win squat, and instead of staying on to play for the 'club he loved' and where he 'wanted to stay' (And being part of a remarkable comeback under Kenny), he moved to greener gress.

1st - Liverpool maybe have won more trophies and were a big club but when? Back in the years when my dad was living his childhood?
2nd - Why do you judge him? I mean Torres..? And I dont quite belive this 'love thing'.. Yea, when he become a star at Chelsea and when he has scored 30+ goals for the team, he will say the same, I can assure you.

2nd - Why do you judge him? I mean Torres..? And I dont quite belive this 'love thing'.. Yea, when he become a star at Chelsea and when he has scored 30+ goals for the team, he will say the same, I can assure you.
Which is exactly my point, whatever Falcao or pretty much any footballer says means **** all if a good offer comes in...

1st - Liverpool maybe have won more trophies and were a big club but when? Back in the years when my dad was living his childhood?

Liverpool are still the 2nd biggest in England despite not having won the League for years and it will be a while before Torres scores 30+ goals.

I still expect City to spend big but like Khaldoon says, I expect them to only make a couple of big name players unlike previous seasons where they have bought numerous big name players.

Liverpool are still the 2nd biggest in England despite not having won the League for years and it will be a while before Torres scores 30+ goals.

I still expect City to spend big but like Khaldoon says, I expect them to only make a couple of big name players unlike previous seasons where they have bought numerous big name players.

It's obvious they are going to spend big. Just look at the signings they have made already.. now they have CL football to give, who knows who they could sign. They could even end up third at this rate, which means no qualifier.. straight in at the group stage. Players are guaranteed playing against top European sides because they will have a low seeding (I think thats how it works?). Money + Top European Football + good manager + $$$ = top players.

If they have any sense though, they'll strenghten areas that are neccessary i.e their wide positions, Adam Johnson is more of an impact player so I think they need a top winger to partner Silva, Tevez etc. Johnson/Silva/Tevez is scary enough with the amount of pace those three possess, just think if they sign a quality winger. Jheez.

Milner is flop...seriously? I like him already..i think Milner is a very good signing. Wonderful squad player with huge workrate. Can play many positions and always gives his all. He has played very good recently. Every team needs a player like him. Good for squad rotation.

And i dont think City are going for players like Kaka..as suggested above. I would say that most if not all are going to be between the age of 20-25.

I know Mancini wants like 5-6 players. Dunno what they give him in the end...but im sure he will spend as much as he is allowed to.

Many players will leave..Jo and Swp from the current squad..maybe someone else like Tevez etc. I dont think Boateng will leave despite bayern interest.

And some players might take a wage-cut. Robinho reportedly halved his wages to move to Milan. From 160k/week to 80k.

Here are some Mancinis possible targets:

Sanchez, Cavani, Vertonghen, Coentrao, Gary Cahill, Baines, Rodwell, Pastore, Mata.

Those springs to mind..Mancinis list is much bigger for sure. (no spurs players :D)

Full Khaldoon interview if someone is interested: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Interviews/Khaldoon-al-Mubarak-exclusive-interview-2011

Last edited:
falcao is having is contract renewed and obviously his releasing clause will be higher
he said that on the press conference after winning the europa league

btw PORTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back