Man City v Everton 8pm City of Manchester Stadium, Monday

dannyck

Reaction score
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has hinted that striker Carlos Tevez could play despite handing in a transfer request last weekend. However the Ialian may decide to recall Emmanuel Adebayor instead if the Togan is fit for the game.

The weekend before last Christmas saw Manchester City's manager depart; 12 months on it looks as if their star player is now on his way out of the club.
Despite current manager Roberto Mancini's confidence that matters can be ironed out, Carlos Tevez's much publicised spat with club executives appears destined to end in a parting of the ways, something that could have big repercussions for City's Champions League hopes.
Tevez has scored 10 of City's 24 league goals this season and with question marks also hanging over the futures of Emmanuel Adebayor and Mario Balotelli, Mancini's attacking options suddenly look much reduced.
City have struggled for goals at home this season and have failed to score on the last three occasions they have hosted Everton, losing all three times. But home fans will expecting that run to end on Monday, particularly as, while City haven't lost in seven league games, Everton haven't won in seven.

City have failed to score in their last three home games against Everton and last beat them at home on New Year’s Day 2007.
City are unbeaten in seven in the league, their best unbeaten sequence for a year, when they avoided defeat in 10, though eight of those games were drawn.
Mancini will celebrates his first year in charge on the day of the game; in 38 games, the Italian has won 20, drawn 10 and lost 8.
City will be without Nigel De Jong, who is banned after collecting five yellow cards.

Everton are finding it hard to muster anything up in front of goal this season, With top scorer Tim Cahill possibly on international duty for much of January and Steven Pienaar linked with a transfer window exit, manager David Moyes needs Santa to deliver a sackful of goals over the festive period. Also Mikel Arteta will miss out through suspension, however Leon Osman who has played some part for Everton in the last couple of games off the benc may be thrown back into the starting XI.

Facts:​
• Everton are looking for a fourth consecutive league win at the City of Manchester Stadium.
• The Toffees have beaten City in five of the last six meetings between the sides.
• City have failed to score on the last three occasions they have hosted Everton.
So the omens look good for David Moyes.
• Manchester City have only scored eight goals at home this season - the joint-fewest in the Premier League. City have scored 16 away from the City of Manchester Stadium.
• City are looking for a third consecutive victory. They are unbeaten in their last seven league games. However, their last defeat came against a bottom three side - a 2-1 defeat at Wolves at the end of October.
• Arsenal are the only side to have beaten Manchester City at home in this season's Premier League.
• Carlos Tevez has scored 10 of City's 24 league goals this season. City have never lost a Premier League match in which he has scored.

• They have managed only three top-flight wins this season, but have lost only five of their last 28 league matches. Those three victories came in the space of four games in October.
• Everton lost their first two away matches of the season but have not lost any since then. They have drawn the last four.
• David Moyes's men are without a win in their last seven matches (D4, L3).
• If they fail to beat Manchester City, it will be the club's longest run without a victory under David Moyes and longest since an eight-match streak in 1999.

Discuss :)

Baddaman way of saying blatantly. I hope not as we usually pwn City.

I seriously doubt you will be "pwning" anybody this year my blue bindipping friend. Granted you have beaten us the last couple of seasons but We are a different league to you guys now even if you weren't **** this year.

3-0 Tevez, Tevez, Balotelli

4-4 Emile Heskey, Emile Heskey, Emile Heskey, Emile Heskey - Emile Heskey Emile Heskey Emile Heskey Emile Heskey

4-4 Emile Heskey, Emile Heskey, Emile Heskey, Emile Heskey - Emile Heskey Emile Heskey Emile Heskey Emile Heskey
Didnt know if you knew, but heskey doesnt play for everton or city, and he cant play for 2 teams at once......

Man city 2-1 Everton- Tevez, Barry- Cahill

BBC made a thread on this earlier..

Hope it either gets postponed or Everton get something from it. Don't want City being top at Christmas whether we have 2 games in hand or not.

Come on City! And also i made this thread last night

Wasn't saying you didn't make it first. I realised that looking at the time it was made, was just saying as I commented in that thread too as I wasn't aware this one had ever been made.

Sorry if I came across as being 'mini-mod' :)

I seriously doubt you will be "pwning" anybody this year my blue bindipping friend. Granted you have beaten us the last couple of seasons but We are a different league to you guys now even if you weren't **** this year.

3-0 Tevez, Tevez, Balotelli
Regardless of this season, we have "pwned" you for the last 4 years at your place, and that is rare in anyone elses back garden, let alone the multi billionaires. So what I said was very true and relevant. If you knew anything about football, you'd know that actually we haven't been utter **** this season, just drawn an awful lot of games, that we could have quite easily won, if we had any confidence. You would also know that in terms of the big teams, we have beat Liverpool, drew 3-3 with United, drew and should have beat Chelsea, and lost to Arsenal some may so unfortunately. So to say you are in a different league, and WILL beat us, seems pretty misinformed.

I'm going for a 0-0. Mancini will probably use two DMs, recall Adebayor, and do what Man City do best. Park the bus, and of course some of Man City's players will have a whinge about something stupid, and no doubt where gloves, snods, wolly hats and balaclava's cause the majority of their players are FREAKIN WIMPS!!!!!! But on a serious note, without Arteta, and our strikers being way off form, we'll be lucky to score. The only glimmer of hope is Baines putting in one of his special crosses, or Coleman doing something special with Rodwell doing the same. And of course, Kompany will try to do one his leg breaker specials on somebody

Last edited:
BBC Sport understands that Roberto Mancini is set to strip Carlos Tevez of the captaincy at Manchester City, and hand it to Kolo Toure or Vincent Kompany.

Sneeky 0-1 victory for the toffees. Beckford with goal. We do **** against West Brom and Wigan, but then knowing us, we beat the top teams!
COYB!!