Man City v Napoli - 14/09/2011

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Surprised there isn't a thread already for Man City's 1st Champions league game. So anyway, here it is.

city.jpg
images

Man City vs Napoli

Team lineups

Man City

Napoli

• 01 De Sanctis
  • 06 Aronica
  • 14 Campagnaro
  • 18 Zuniga
  • 28 Cannavaro
  • 11 Maggio
  • 17 Hamsik
  • 23 Gargano
  • 88 Inler
  • 07 Cavani
  • 22 Lavezzi
Manchester City midfielders Gareth Barry and James Milner are both doubtful for the club's Champions League opener against Napoli.

Barry has been out since he injured his ankle while playing for England against Wales on 6 September.
Milner suffered concussion after a clash of heads against Wigan in the Premier League on Saturday.
Nigel de Jong (foot) remains on the sidelines, while Italian striker Mario Balotelli is suspended.
Balotelli was sent off against Dynamo Kiev in last season's Europa League but, despite his absence, City manager Roberto Mancini has a welcome selection dilemma regarding his strikers.
David Silva, Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko are in excellent form while Carlos Tevez is pushing for a place up front too. (more here)

Feel free to post any predictions/thoughts on the game.

Personally I am going for a 3-1 win to City. Hoping to see the poznan out tonight!

As always, getting behind the Brit teams. 2-0 City. Aguero and Dzeko with the goals

I don't know how to call this one Napoli are obviously a good side who can hurt City. I think it will depend on whether City approach the game like they have done in the league. If so I can see it being quite comfortable maybe 2-0. However if its like last season a 1-1 draw

Thats cos there are only 4 City fans on the site.

Intriguing game, hoping Napoli can pull something off with their lovely playing style.

Thinking 3-1 City though

Gutted City are playing on the same nights as United as I'd have loved to watch City in their Group of Death but United come first for me so I'll have to just rely on updates then watch highlights afterwards.

Going for a City win, although unsure on the scoreline though.

heart says 2-0 napoli
head says 2-1 city
annoys me that we have to play at the same time, would rather watch us one night, them the other night.
hope it doesn't kick off i'm honestly fearing for some of my mates' lives. the ultras are mental!

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

As always, getting behind the Brit teams. 2-0 City. Aguero and Dzeko with the goals
do you support liverpool when they play in europe?

City should win at home but Napoli will be dangerous on the counter with the likes of Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani. Inler's quite good as well.

heart says 2-0 napoli
head says 2-1 city
annoys me that we have to play at the same time, would rather watch us one night, them the other night.
hope it doesn't kick off i'm honestly fearing for some of my mates' lives. the ultras are mental!

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

do you support liverpool when they play in europe?

I do yeah, and Scottish and any Irish teams as well. Want them to all do well regardless of whoever it is and wether or not they're rivals

Gutted City are playing on the same nights as United as I'd have loved to watch City in their Group of Death but United come first for me so I'll have to just rely on updates then watch highlights afterwards.

Going for a City win, although unsure on the scoreline though.

Same bit gutted not to follow both.

almost wishing i wasn't a united fan for 2 hours just so i could watch city which will be a better game :(

looking forward to this game and watching Napoli Live for the first time hope its a belter !

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

really good game so far, Lavezzi and Yaya both hitting the bar with shots

Is a good game, although got a feeling Napoli are not going to finish with 11 men.

I thought that Lavezzi effort was sailing in, it was a quality effort. City look like they are trying one to many passes for me though.

Hamsik had a shot cleared of the line by Vincent Kopany expertly

kompany is quality, maybe the best cb in the prem. think city miss de jong who would free up yaya.

Napoli holding their own here. Hoping they can sneak a point at least. Really impressed with Hamsik, and both Napoli's midfielders. City look decent, and kompany is just proving why he's up there with Vidic and Terry.

Hamsik unlucky

Brilliant football by Napoli !

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

1-0 Cavani brilliant goal !

Napoli's front 3 is scary good.. 1-0 Cavani.