Man City v Sunderland

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 1K
Shame after spending close to 400 Million, if a team comes up with this excuse.

Give it a rest with the slating of City, for goodness sakes.

Will be interesting to see if City can push on from this, the new style of play seems to suit them and release their flair players.

Give it a rest with the slating of City, for goodness sakes.

Will be interesting to see if City can push on from this, the new style of play seems to suit them and release their flair players.

Slating City? Where did i?
Maybe someone is reading to much between lines. ;)

Shame after spending close to 400 Million, if a team comes up with this excuse.

Slating City? Where did i?
Maybe someone is reading to much between lines. ;)

He was hardly reading between the lines, it was as obvious as it gets.

And it's hardly an excuse, too - Tevez is not only City's best player (In my opinion) but he's also their captain and an icon of sorts.

City are not a one man team. But of course Tevez is important. Mancini just hinted that this could be our future style...i think he means from this match or next season on.

He wil probly snap 1 or 2 good attacking players in the summer market. So he got some attacking options and rotation. Now we dont have enough of those attacking players to play like that every week.

Can't wait..finally no Barry playing. I hope Milner will be used more in the middle. Instead of Barry. But he will probly not be a starter.

Exciting times :D

This confirmed, once and for all, that 4th place is gone this season for Tottenham.

I expected we'd miss out at the start of the season, and it was confirmed in January when no striker was signed.

Well done City, nice scoreline.

City are not a one man team. But of course Tevez is important. Mancini just hinted that this could be our future style...i think he means from this match or next season on.

He wil probly snap 1 or 2 good attacking players in the summer market. So he got some attacking options and rotation. Now we dont have enough of those attacking players to play like that every week.

Can't wait..finally no Barry playing. I hope Milner will be used more in the middle. Instead of Barry. But he will probly not be a starter.

Exciting times :D

You don't have enough attacking players?!

Balotelli, Adebayor (RM don't want him), Tevez, Silva, Johnson, Yaya, Milner, SWP, Dzeko, Bellamy >> You have too many attacking players, not "not enough."

And it's hardly an excuse, too - Tevez is not only City's best player (In my opinion) but he's also their captain and an icon of sorts.

I was rather just stating the obvious fact. Not even trolling. I didn't even post anything about the team, i said If a team comes up with that excuse then it is a shame.

I was rather just stating the obvious fact. Not even trolling. I didn't even post anything about the team, i said If a team comes up with that excuse then it is a shame.
Sure you did.

Whoa. Great performance against a team that's been pushing for Europe this season.

Is it just me, or does Vieira seem to score a lot when he scores?

They're not really pushing for Europe now, they're in the worst form of all teams in the league. Your fault for poaching their poacher!

Balotelli, Adebayor (RM don't want him), Tevez, Silva, Johnson, Yaya, Milner, SWP, Dzeko, Bellamy >> You have too many attacking players, not "not enough."

What? Balotelli, Tevez, Silva, Johnson, Swp, Dzeko...Milner isn't really counted in those very attacking..but yes he is a bit attacking minded, he will either be used in the central midfield or in the central attacking midfield. And Yaya will be used in the central midfield.

Ade is not in the team..neither is Bellamy. Swp will probly leave in the summer. So there is Dzeko on the bench..but swp too for the rest of the season.

So 1-2 players will probly be added in the attack. And Ade and Bellamy will probly be sold this summer too. We need wide players..Ade isn't it and Mancini doesn't want Bellamy.

Ade will probly not get a permanent deal to Rm..he was **** yesterday and cost us points.

2 player added in the attack...2 players in the defense/midfield..and we should be title contenders next season :D

Last edited:

Precisely.

Tevez, Silva, Balotelli, Johnson, Milner and Dzeko are all good enough to play in the front three. Yaya won't play in the front three and Bellamy will likely be gone. SWP is rubbish. On top of that, Milner is far more effective through the middle.

He did say "Don't have enough of those attacking players to play like that every week." which is fair when you consider that the likes of Milner, and maybe Johnson and Balotelli aren't good enough to play with that kind of consistent quality week in week out. So that leaves Tevez, Silva and Dzeko carrying the attack with no quality backup apart from possibly Johnson and Balotelli, and the former is not exactly a star name.

It would be useful for them to get new attackers, I think.

Tevez, Silva, Balotelli, Johnson, Milner and Dzeko are all good enough to play in the front three. Yaya won't play in the front three and Bellamy will likely be gone. SWP is rubbish. On top of that, Milner is far more effective through the middle.

He did say "Don't have enough of those attacking players to play like that every week." which is fair when you consider that the likes of Milner, and maybe Johnson and Balotelli aren't good enough to play with that kind of consistent quality week in week out. So that leaves Tevez, Silva and Dzeko carrying the attack with no quality backup apart from possibly Johnson and Balotelli, and the former is not exactly a star name.

It would be useful for them to get new attackers, I think.

Exactly...Milner will probly be rotated with yaya or then rotated with the central attacking midfielder (silva i think)..but i dont know if Milner could replace him because he isn't exactly the same kind of player. And he doesn't want to play wide either.

So i think the centre is his position. And yeah..Balo has been injured alot and AJ was 3 months out. Swp is rubbish nowdays. So we didin't have that many options.

I have my doubt if Silva-Dzeko-Tevez could work. Because tevez isn't really a very wide player...neither is Dzeko. I think Balotelli fits better with Tevez and Silva.

But i do think we need 1-2 players there so we can rotate and play that style more. And then we will have enough cover if someone gets injured.

This game made me think that we dont even need that many signings. Just a few squad players. We have a pretty good squad :D

Back