• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Preview followed by live coverage of Sunday's game between Man City and West Ham in the Premier League.

More...

Hahahahaa city cornering the ball against us! Bottom of the league and we're having it! Two good performances against chelski and city, I'm confident of 9 points, otherwise we are gone. Chances against chelsea and city, if them chances fell to Ba rather than Keane, we're looking at at least a point from these matches. Onwards and hopefully upwards! Just a poor start today and its done us, however the spirit we showed was uplifting, and we had a makeshift team out really, no super scott, noble, upson, bridge or o 'neill. Come on you irons.. always fighting.

Hahahahaa city cornering the ball against us! Bottom of the league and we're having it! Two good performances against chelski and city, I'm confident of 9 points, otherwise we are gone. Chances against chelsea and city, if them chances fell to Ba rather than Keane, we're looking at at least a point from these matches. Onwards and hopefully upwards! Just a poor start today and its done us, however the spirit we showed was uplifting, and we had a makeshift team out really, no super scott, noble, upson, bridge or o 'neill. Come on you irons.. always fighting.

You're getting relegated. Yes you have three winnable games left, however you've had games this season which should've been winnable.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/england/49897-npower-football-league-thread.html

This was a very good result. First goal from NDJ and it was class :D I was nervous the last minutes.

I think this more or less sealed the top 4 spot. We wont catch 3rd because Arsenal won United..but still happy. Nice to see that the team can play well without Tevez and i think we will play better as a team without him. We are not a one man team.

Bring on the summer. I think Mancini made very good signings last summer and i think he will do this summer too. He is already preparing for the next season and he has been identifying some summer targets since last Christmas already. Can't wait to see what kind of things is going to happen this summer for City. Signings and announcements. Future is bright.

Very sorry for West Ham. Great club and i would love them to stay up. But i can't see them doing that.

Bring on Everton! Maybe we can end our horrible run at Goodison :D

Last edited:
Blackburn, Wigan, Sunderland left. The only game I can see The Hammers winning is probably Sunderland-as at the moment they have no strikers. But I fear for West Ham sadly. Don't like seeing a team like West Ham going down, but you have to earn the right to be in a league-no such thing as a given right unfortunately. But to be honest, certain board members of West Ham have hardly helped the cause, by slagging off the players in the press. Like a certain Brady slagging off players for being over-weight, when they are doing their absolute best to get in shape. Disgraceful. And David Sullivan has played a role in this. Sullivan questioned whether some highly-paid Hammers stars were committed to helping the Londoners avoid relegation. Sullivan cannot play the blame game because he is as much at fault for West Ham's precarious position as anybody. If you're the guy doing the paying, you can't blame overpaid players. And you're also responsible for appointing the manager, who hasn't been good enough all season. And I'm sure a quality player like Parker loved hearing about that. Bit of an insult imo. And IF they do go down, they're going to be lumbered with players on high wages in the Championship-because most of the players they have nobody will want, because they cannot cut it in the Premiership unfortunately. Scott Parker and Rob Green would probably find new clubs in the Prem, but other players-I'm not so sure. Matthew Upson has had a poor season. There may be a lot of West Ham players thinking 'if we go down I'll be able to jump ship and it'll all be rosy.' I'm not sure too many of them will though, and the Hammers are going to be lumbered with them.

Going to West hams next match maybe with a few mates as my mate has spare tickets and has offered me one. Dont want to see the hammers go down as they are my local side.

Going to West hams next match maybe with a few mates as my mate has spare tickets and has offered me one. Dont want to see the hammers go down as they are my local side.

Neither do I. Met West Ham fans before when they've played in the North East, and the fans were really great, so I've got a soft spot for them. Fans deserve so much better than what they've had to put up with this season

You're getting relegated. Yes you have three winnable games left, however you've had games this season which should've been winnable.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/england/49897-npower-football-league-thread.html

Hahahaha bore off you little mug, if we go down it will probably be the best thing for us as a club.. but disastrous financial wise, however we would be able to just about cope financially. I don't want to go down, but if we do go down it isn't at all that bad. One season (hopefully) won't be too bad. If we stay up grant's going, and hopefully O'Neill or Lambert will take the reigns. Meeting with a couple old friends in Milwall and Leeds.. could be good for us. We create chances, but just cannot convert, if we lose next week it's all over.. granted, but if we win next week we're alive and kicking.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Mate, I would literally do anything to get Sullivan out of the club. The view from all west ham fans is, regardless if we stay up, before a Sir Geoff Hurst interview on TS yesterday, was that Parker is going to leave at the end of the season, as he has been such a servant for the club, and we don't want to restrict him from better things. I believe we will stay up just about, all our games except sunderland are 6 pointers, Wigan away is the one, tickets sold out within 2 hours for that match, what a big game! We are West Ham's claret and blue army!

Well done City. I hope you enjoy Champions League football as much as we did this season. :)

Well done City. I hope you enjoy Champions League football as much as we did this season. :)

Well..it isn't mathematically over yet.

Also...we have to overcome the qualification. We might not get Young Boys like you did...there could be tricky teams like Villareal or Bayern Munich (in the worst case), and some banana scales.

We are not there yet.

West ham have a £40 million hole to plug if they go down, even after the parachute payments, they are up **** creek if they are relegated

West Ham played well, could've gone either way really.
About their survival hopes, imagine two derbies vs Millwall next season.

Well..it isn't mathematically over yet.

Also...we have to overcome the qualification. We might not get Young Boys like you did...there could be tricky teams like Villareal or Bayern Munich (in the worst case), and some banana scales.

We are not there yet.

Lyon's in the mix, too.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

I would expect the second one to have a lower attendance than the first, taking casualties into account.

West ham have a £40 million hole to plug if they go down, even after the parachute payments, they are up **** creek if they are relegated

Jesus. Didn't know it could be that bad for the club. That's just disastrous if it did happen.

Could see West Ham going the same route as Pompey. Were a mess financially under their previous owners.

Jesus. Didn't know it could be that bad for the club. That's just disastrous if it did happen.

similar straights to everton, except that everton arent going down anymore

Considering I live in east london I will not be looking forward to West ham v Millwall if they get relegated :P It was terrifying when the two met in the carling cup I think it was last season.

This was a very good result. First goal from NDJ and it was class :D I was nervous the last minutes.

I think this more or less sealed the top 4 spot. We wont catch 3rd because Arsenal won United..but still happy. Nice to see that the team can play well without Tevez and i think we will play better as a team without him. We are not a one man team.

Bring on the summer. I think Mancini made very good signings last summer and i think he will do this summer too. He is already preparing for the next season and he has been identifying some summer targets since last Christmas already. Can't wait to see what kind of things is going to happen this summer for City. Signings and announcements. Future is bright.

Very sorry for West Ham. Great club and i would love them to stay up. But i can't see them doing that.

Bring on Everton! Maybe we can end our horrible run at Goodison :D
God, you exaggerate everything. It was not a very good win, an expected one, especially at Eastlands and you nearly lost against a struggling West Ham side. De Jong's goal was not class, it was good, a hard low shot, but not really class. What I call class is like a top corner shot from 40 years - sort of Cristiano Ronaldo or Paul Scholes, you know? And Mancini's made some poor signings, not just this summer, but Adebayor, Jo, Santa Cruz, Dzeko, Balotelli, the list goes on. But I do think that Kolarov, Silva and Yaya Toure were good signings, Silva and Toure are class.

West Ham are a Premier League class club, they should be mid table for me. Demba Ba, Scott Parker (Player of the Year), Robert Green, Thomas Hitzelsperger and many more good players. But Robbie Keane is absolute bollocks! What the ****? How has he played for us and Tottenham, he can't even hit a barn door. Also, Wolves have a good team as well (Stephen Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Steven Fletcher) but I guess the teams are so good this season even the quality are in danger of getting relegated, like Sunderland (not any more though). West Ham should win against Wigan though, a decent chance at Blackburn and could win against Sunderland, who are without strikers, including key player Asamoah Gyan.

God, you exaggerate everything. It was not a very good win, an expected one, especially at Eastlands and you nearly lost against a struggling West Ham side. De Jong's goal was not class, it was good, a hard low shot, but not really class. What I call class is like a top corner shot from 40 years - sort of Cristiano Ronaldo or Paul Scholes, you know? And Mancini's made some poor signings, not just this summer, but Adebayor, Jo, Santa Cruz, Dzeko, Balotelli, the list goes on. But I do think that Kolarov, Silva and Yaya Toure were good signings, Silva and Toure are class.

West Ham are a Premier League class club, they should be mid table for me. Demba Ba, Scott Parker (Player of the Year), Robert Green, Thomas Hitzelsperger and many more good players. But Robbie Keane is absolute bollocks! What the ****? How has he played for us and Tottenham, he can't even hit a barn door. Also, Wolves have a good team as well (Stephen Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Steven Fletcher) but I guess the teams are so good this season even the quality are in danger of getting relegated, like Sunderland (not any more though). West Ham should win against Wigan though, a decent chance at Blackburn and could win against Sunderland, who are without strikers, including key player Asamoah Gyan.

...:D It was a very important yes and we had many good chances. West Ham started fighting and we relaxed too much after the 2 goals. But we had many chances to kill the game, especially Balo.

Jo, Santa Cruz and Adebayor wasn't Mancinis signings. Hughes signed them. Mancini has signed Adam Johnson, Kola, Balo, Yaya, Silva, Dzeko, Milner, Boateng. No1 else.... Many of them have already come good and no1 of them had a pre-season.

Suprised you said Kolarov because i dont think he is good enough first choice LB. He struggles sometimes and is avarge. He might be second choice next year, depending on which LB Mancini targets. If Mancini targets Coentrao, Kolarov will have to be second choice. If it's someone else...Kolarov might have a chance to be first choice.

Why are you writing Dzeko off now? He is still adapting. Like Balo.

I must say, Balotelli is amazing. Yes he's got talent, yes he's stuck up, but when City fans make a song like this:
YouTube - Oooooooo Balotelli

Seriously, amazing song hhahaha :D

Oh and ontopic about the match, de Jong's goal was great.

Back