theflyingoose

Reaction score
i play a 4-2-3-1 system with 2 physical and aggressive mc shielding my back 4 ... what is the best marking instructions to give my 2 midfielders , zonal or man ?

thanx

Zonal. Always zonal. There's a bit of a bug with man marking.

I use a mix of the two usually, except when using any fllat systems (like your standard 4-4-2) where shape is paramount.

I've experimented with so many combinations of marking settings, I'm still no closer to understanding how the marking works.

I use zonal mainly, but man marking for my wide attacking mids ... I'm playing atm, 4-2-3-1 ... it seems to get them tracking back, my wide attacking mids and me conceding less goals....... the real question is tight marking, yes or no?

I hate zonal marking in real life but I use it in FM as I play a 4-3-1-2 formation and can't see man marking working with it.

Man marking- Benitez' zonal marking is the reason Chelsea didn't win the league and champions league this season.

Lol jk I'm not Alan Shearer.

Zonal Marking. Man marking as it is in the game doesnt really exist in real life. Nor does it actually really work differently to zonal in game.

Its zonal marking, or specific man marking. In fact I wouldnt be surprised if man marking as it is was removed.

Now blaming all of my failures on my man marking system.

Man marking- Benitez' zonal marking is the reason Chelsea didn't win the league and champions league this season.

Lol jk I'm not Alan Shearer.

It takes at least one full pre-season and 12 months till you see the fruits -winning trophies- of a new system, in other words Rafa had no pre-season, he was thrown mid season -after they were knocked out the CL- and what you expected him to win the league - he's a great manager, 3 European trophies with 3 different teams but he's not god.... ohh wait he did win the Europa League don't forget..

Last edited: