CUFCTom

Reaction score
I am currently in League 2 with Cambridge and am struggling to decide on man marking or zonal marking. I play a 4-1-3-2 formation and find that with man marking my full backs get skinned regularly by opposition wingers. With zonal marking, I tend to concede more goals from set plays and my players don't get pulled out of position so much.

I was thinking playing my DM and FB's on zonal and the rest on man marking.

Would it work to have some players man marking and other on zonal?

Is it better to play one or the other in lower leagues and the other when playing at a higher standard?

Any thoughts appreciated

Man all the way. Zonal sucks in this game.
I have to dissagree. If you set it up right it can work very well. In my Dortmund game, I'm half way through the season and I have the least goals conceded using zonal marking. I sometimes set my DMC to man mark their AMC if necessary though.

OT: You could leave it on the default setting that uses a mix of zonal and man marking depending on position, role, duty ect. I find that works well enough in LLM.

Zonal always. Works like **** for me with Burnley :D

Cheers. Can you mix up man and zonal marking? If so which positions suit man marking and which zonal?? IMO zoanl suits FB's otherwise they keep getting beated by even the poorest of wingers

I guess so. I put my defensive minded midfielder to man marking, and one of the CB's. Sidebacks are always weakest part of FM11 IMO, with their stupid Jump-and-miss-the-ball-while-opp-winger-isnt-even-close and slide-and-miss-the-whole-football.

It all depends on your players' attributes.

In general if they score higher in marking, tackling, concentration then they are more suitable for man marking. If they are better in anticipation, positioning, teamwork - go for zonal.