Rodrigo4073

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this is a silly question, but i just cannot find how to implement a man marking system, i like to assign to my 2 strikers an individual marking to the opposition wing backs or full backs, any suggestion?

would also like to know how to change the marking system cant find it anywhere nor the ability to tell the team to employ time wasting

i think time wasting is, much lower tempo maybe? and man marking is, tight marking? possibly

If you go to player instructions and click on a player theres a tab in the bottom right for setting individual marking instructions. I guess setting this up as you want and then selecting tighter marking in team instructions should get you somewhere near. I haven't really tried it myself though.

Without knowing, I just assume that the " time wasting " has been taken out of the game as a single variable. After all, its connected to the tempo anyway as you can't really play really quick and and have a really low decision urgency, just like playing slow and probing don't call for people having to rush their decisions.

You can assign specific player marking in the player instructions screen

Without knowing, I just assume that the " time wasting " has been taken out of the game as a single variable. After all, its connected to the tempo anyway as you can't really play really quick and and have a really low decision urgency, just like playing slow and probing don't call for people having to rush their decisions.

Well, you can play with high tempo and still waste time as soon as the ball is out of play. But this is no longer possible with the new system. Now time wasting is locked to the "Contain" mentality.

Well, you can play with high tempo and still waste time as soon as the ball is out of play. But this is no longer possible with the new system. Now time wasting is locked to the "Contain" mentality.

Indeed, but previously, the Time Wasting did not mean that, but instead " decision urgency".'
So now, in FM14, its actually what it says on the tin, its time wasting..

Indeed, but previously, the Time Wasting did not mean that, but instead " decision urgency".'
So now, in FM14, its actually what it says on the tin, its time wasting..

If time wasting meant decision urgency, what did tempo mean then? oO)

If time wasting meant decision urgency, what did tempo mean then? oO)

Tempo = the urgency to get the ball FORWARD
Time Wasting = The Urgency to make any decision on the field (defensive as attacking and yes, it was a stupid slider if one touched it)

Tempo = the urgency to get the ball FORWARD
Time Wasting = The Urgerncy to make any decision on the field

If tempo meant the urgency to get the ball forward, what did mentality mean then? XD

If tempo meant the urgency to get the ball forward, what did mentality mean then? XD

Mentality: The positioning( there was a difference in behaviour between 5 and 15 but you would never , ever see it between 12-16) on the field and how eager the players woould be to carry out the defensive and attacking settngs ( like t-balls, runs from deep--closing down etc)

Mentality: The positioning( there was a difference between 5 and 15 but you would never , ever see it between 12-16) on the field and how eager the players woould be to carry out the defensive and attacking settngs ( like t-balls, runs from deep--closing down etc)

If mentality meant... Just kidding.

I'm a bit unsure though what you're referring to when you say "there was a difference between 5 and 15 but you would never , ever see it between 12-16". What do these numbers represent?

If mentality meant... Just kidding.

I'm a bit unsure though what you're referring to when you say "there was a difference between 5 and 15 but you would never , ever see it between 12-16". What do these numbers represent?

Sorry, I was refering to the old "sliders", he system that is now gone.

A player on the mentality of 5( out of 20, think defend) would be more cautious in the actually making runs from deep, t-balls than a player on the mentality of 15( think Attack) so even if they had the same instructions regarding T-balls ( mixed), runs from deep( mixed), the player with the higher mentality would go fro it more often as "mixed" would be in relation to his mentality

I use tight marking in team instructions and then i use individual roles to set what a specific player need to do, like my WBs closing down.

But you still have opposition instructions, where you can assign more specific roles to players, which i think fits better since i prefer to tight mark and hard tackle Messi and have a chance of a red card, but not do the same if i face a medium player in a cup game.

If SI had that device from Man In Black, people would just fit to what they have and would not try to compare it to the old one.