Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Man U 2nd Season Team improvements Help

west13

May 20, 2011
Hey everyone,

I am about to go into the 2nd season with man united. I took control in January using LFC marshalls update.

I would like suggestions on who you guys think i should sell and buy to improve my team.

Right now i have ?15m but like i said its before the start of the season. I can also raise funds from sales.

When i took control i brrought one player in and that was Lallana hes doing really well too.

I have some ideas on who i would like to bring in. But any suggestions from you guys are welcome.

Oh i also won the champions league too. Hopefully my screenshots work

DaveLincs33

Jun 14, 2013
it looks like your short on central midfielders. How you get Javiar Hernandez in defensive midfielder position if you didnt want striker why not sell him a striker get few central midfielders. Cant give you names because you dont have alot of money. well 1 thats Koke

west13

May 20, 2011
Ah yeah i had not taken Hernandez out the line up, but i have not been playing him as a DM.

I was thinking the same about central midfield i need some good talent. I have considered selling Hernandez and fellaini for funds. As i am not a big fan of fellaini

west13

May 20, 2011
Well just been given my transfer budget for the season and it is ?91m

So any help is appreciated plus i have some cash to come from future sales

Spike014

Oct 6, 2009
Buy:
Jamie Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
Luke Shaw (Southampton)
Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
Bernard (Shaktar)
Eder Balanta (River Plate)
Doria (Botafogo)

Sell;

Rio Ferdinand (Let contract expire)
Vidic (Let Contract Expire)
Michael Carrick (Let Contract Expire)
Patrice Evra

Let the players go on a free and free up some wage.

Sherkey

Oct 13, 2013
God no, keep Carrick for another year. Fletcher is not a good as him. You may let Ferdinand's contract expire, but I'd keep Vidic for a while/. Sell Buttner, Evra, and get Shaw/Alex Sandro. Doria and Balanta are good buys. Umtiti is another cheap buy too. Sell van Persie and get Mitrovic/Lukaku/Shane Long. For Central Midfield, get Ward Prowse/Will Hughes, and if you can wrangle it, Paul Pogba. In case you use BWM anywhere, you can't go wrong with Wanyama/Papadopoulous. Personally, I'd let go of Lallana and Valencia, and maybe try to get someone like Lamela..

Btw, as like anything else, unless your squad harmony/squad cohesion is high, you'll lose if you make wholesale changes. Only by increasing squad harmony to above 60% have I been able to consistently win without losing after making wholesale changes.

west13

May 20, 2011
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, i have now got 2 saves of this game so i will see who i can bring in and let some go. My overall squad harmony is good right now.

In one save i have kept vidic and carrick. Sold Hernandez to barca for ?20m

Tried to bring in Lukaku but chelsea will not drop below ?70m crazy

malaguista

Feb 1, 2014
Sell all players over the age of 27 and keep a young and experienced squad, Koke or Ruben Pardo are good buys. As is Doria.