dngrs

Reaction score
ok so during my demo play every monthly financial report showed me I was losing around 15-17mil which worried me
what can I do to make this better? I dont wanna get rid of any good players.. but if I have to who should I sell? and I dont think it would make a big difference selling a couple of players and maybe changing some contracts of key players (which they would probably disagree anyways ).. so what else is there to do? 9.4mil go to loans and interests :(
View attachment 198527 View attachment 198524View attachment 198525View attachment 198526

nothing mate, nothing you can really do in the demo and nothing that needs to be done as it only last 6 months! when the full game comes out I will update my guide as well with addressing the financial problem we currently face!

but for now just enjoy the demo, learn the game and have fun!

Wait for full game, play for 30 odd years and wait for all the debt to clear up.

Alternatively, you could just let it carry on, since United make so much money at the end of the season anyways, even before prize money you probably can break even.

I will update my guide as well with addressing the financial problem we currently face!
that would be perfect :)

Alternatively, you could just let it carry on, since United make so much money at the end of the season anyways, even before prize money you probably can break even.
yeah and the board isnt worried :D

in Fm11 I managed to get it to down to £100m in three years, another season I would have gotten rid of it! it won't take that long, being a bit of a miser and clever with your money, reinvesting it, bringing in players on the free and selling off fringe players, hiring and firing of staff etc etc :)

I say in 4 years I could pay off the debt while still challenging/winning the cups and leagues like I managed last time on Fm11 :)

What I don't understand and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but United are the richest sports club in the world according to forbes; yet ranked fourth richest on fm and also United's debt isn't over 500m anymore its about 308m so why don't fm update this?

What I don't understand and someone correct me if i'm wrong, but United are the richest sports club in the world according to forbes; yet ranked fourth richest on fm and also United's debt isn't over 500m anymore its about 308m so why don't fm update this?

I think on FM it's about value, not how rich they actually are. So like Facilities, stadium, player values and what not. Could be wrong but I think that's how it is.
And maybe they are just slow. Might be fixed with first patch.

Man Utd/Glazers have paid off one of the loans about this time last season and it has never been updated on FM

Don`t worry too much mate. The club make a lot of revenue toward the end of the season provided you do ok in the league and champ league also each month you are getting venue.

Every time I have played as United they have expanded the stadium too which brings in more revenue.

If you get in to debt ( as in a negative figure on the balance) Gill steps in and makes a personal loan or pays it off. If not you usually get a new owner who comes in and writes it off.

You will just have to refrain from any big singing for the first season or 2 until the debt has dropped.

One thing that always frustrates me is that SI never get United's finances realistic. The debt is currently at 308m not over 500m and they make over 300m in revenue every year and I don't even think that has been possible in the game. This is a side of the game that needs work in my opinion.

One thing that always frustrates me is that SI never get United's finances realistic. The debt is currently at 308m not over 500m and they make over 300m in revenue every year and I don't even think that has been possible in the game. This is a side of the game that needs work in my opinion.

True but that is the net debt and not the gross. You have to remember that the Annual interest has gone from £3.5m to £43.5m as well although they are obviously hoping the stock flotation in Singapore will eradicate that.

It would be very hard for sports interactive to get all this 100% correct as I don`t even think half of the stuff printed about United overall debt is actually correct. (including myself).