united_yo

Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm currently in 2014, and I'm trying to reshape my reserves and U18 teams.

Two seasons ago, I sold most of those teams by a mistake (didn't see the value in having them), but now I can't understand why I did it.

What I'm aiming to do, is to build a U 18 squad and a reserve squad + a first team squad. Obviously I have a lot of players already. I can understand that it's impossible for you to help me with the U18 team as there's only regens who can play there, but if you have any tips, I'll read them carefully ;-)

Heres an explanation of my current squad(s) (Okoli should be in the first team squad as he's as good as Evans already):

This is my first team:
View attachment 183585

Gerritsen is a regen who I think will be even better than De Gea.
Okoli is a regen who I think will be equal or even better than Vidic.

Last season I thought the team was lacking dept. My squad is way too small, and the backups I had just weren't good enough. The starting 11, plus 3 backups (Valencia, Okoli and Sissoko) was superb.

This is my reserve squad:
View attachment 183584

De Castro, Baiano and Sargent are regens who I think will be a decent player in my first team eventually.

Abel, Galim, Pan, Nicolai, Tupa and Suligoy are regens who I think will be world class. I hope at least.

What I'm hoping you can do is suggest players, or player types, that I can sign mainly to get more depth in my squads.

My budget is currently £117m.

If there's any info you'd like, or something that needs to be explained better, just tell me and I'll do my best. And I hope this isn't off-topic.

Last edited:
Thanks, Raikan, and I'm sorry I haven't looked at this topics before. I will read them now.

One question, though (the answer might be in the topics you've listed). What should my squad have, in terms of player positions?

This is my formation:
GK
RB-CB-CB-LB
CM-CM
AMR-AMC-AML
ST

Here's what I've got on my mind:

3 goalkeepers in the first team. One world class, one good backup (talent perhaps) and one fairly decent. 2 goalkeepers in the reserve team (talents).

4 sidebacks (2 left, 2 right). One of each who's world class, and one of each who's a decent backup. Reserves: Two for each side, talented.

4 CBs. Two world class, two backup/talents. Reserves: 4 talented CB

4 CM. Two world class, two backup/talents. Reserves: 4 talented CM

4 wingers. Two world class, two backup/talents. Reserves: 4 talented wingers.

2 AMC. One world class, one backup. Reserves: 2 talented strikers

2 strikers. one world class, one backup. Reserves: 2 talented strikers

That's 23 players. Then I can have a defender who can play most positions, and a midfielder who can play most positions as backup as well?

What's your idea about this? I'm really having problems with getting enough depth in my squad.

Thanks for your help anyways, will look through those topics now.

Edit: Thanks to Jake as well.I'm sorry for posting this, and I really should learn to search+read topics, and I understand how irritating it must be to read posts like this when it's probably answered already. But thanks to both of you.

Last edited:
the links we have posted don't really help to answer your question, but they are still useful.

Only you can decide how much depth to have in your squad, although the number of players you have mentioned may cause some problems in a few years time when the talents you have in the reserves/on the bench reach maturity and start demanding regular football.

I go for a squad of similar size to you, with one or 2 fewer players, but much more versatility.

Eg you have gone for 4 full backs in your first team squad. I would go for 3 full backs; 2 starters and a young talented, versatile backup, i would then ideally want one or two of my centre backs (or defensive midfielders) to be capable of playing at full back too and then if things go really wrong (injuries, bans etc) you have your reserves to fall back on.