Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that our Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just coming upto January in my second season, want to prepare some transfers for next season but not sure what positions I should get, I'm using the modern warfare tactics home and away!

My squad is:

Gk: De Gea/Zoet
RB: Montoya/Fabio
LB: Ben Davies/Alberto
CB: Jones/Smalling/n'koulou/Otamendi
RM: Zaha/Bruno
AP: De Bruyne/Praet
BWM: Fellaini/Fernando/Capoue on loan till January
LM: Tadic/Gaitan
False 9: Mitrovic/M Suarez
Complete Forward: Bony/Damiao/regen but he's only 16 so not ready yet

I do a lot of rotation and specific players arent necessarily starters, depends who is fit and who my game is against, also Ben Davies suffered a broken foot so was out for 4 months so isn't as good as he was and also fellaini is currently out injured until about January with damage cruciate ligaments so is out for 9 months so isn't as good, hence why I have Capoue on loan until January when fellaini is back.

Obviously not going to know how much money I'll have to spend as I'm in start of December but as my wages are nearly 600k under what they were after selling the likes of Rooney, rvp, kagawa and nani etc, so it could be a bit more.
My squad clearly isn't that brilliant but due to the tactics they do well.
If anyone can recommend any possible players then please recommend :)

Thanks!

Reaction score
A very strange squad you have there mate for a team like United mate

Gundogan/Hererra

maybe Cavani or Falcao upfront. You need a world class striker, none of the ones you have currently are.

Reaction score
Erm.. You sold Januzaj? Dunno about that.. Also, agree with above, massive reshuffling you've done for United;;

Anyhow, coming back to this, If Fellaini is out for so long, his stats will also take a hit, probably try looking at Wanyama/Papadopoulous for BWM. For a striker, maybe Lukaku? Dunno if you'll be able to afford Falcao/Cavani, and even if you do, massive wages.

For LB - Maybe Jonathan Silva? Luke Shaw? David Alaba or Alex Sandro.

Reaction score
I know it is haha, was mainly focused on reducing wage an making profit, last season finished 2nd in league, won com shield and fa cup, knocked out of champions league quarter final by atletico who won it, did well in league but Chelsea did incredible and got 97 points so wasn't down to me being bad, I just tried to get some good young players and a bit of depth etc and sort out finances!

Reaction score
Yes I sold zanuzaj, don't like him and don't play with cam and he didn't play well in cm, I had honda last season but he got injured for 9 months aswell and then sold him, was thinking about maybe Alex Sandro, Oliver Torres and possibly a bwm and a LM,

Reaction score
Also my strikers, Suarez is m worst striker but he managed to be my top goalscorer last season, my strikers and wingers all score, don't feel that my team new major improvements due to the fact that the tactics are good and work well, dunno what to do

Reaction score
Quick update, I sold fellaini, kept Capoue until end of season, bought Lucas Romero, Alvaro morata and ladislav krejci :)

Reaction score
Another update, managed to win the league, maybe my squad isn't that bad after all!

Reaction score
What happened to most of the united players you had at the start of the game?

Reaction score
Sold them, there average players but worth a lot and had high wages so got rid