ashby

Reaction score
Just started my second season as United. I did pretty well first season as you can see in screenshots. Just wondered if you have any advice on how I could improve my team? I'm just about to kick off charity shield against Chelsea.
Cheers :)

Quite boring to play with such a team.

your teams pretty much sorted mate think selling de gea and getting Valdes was a mistake IMO. A replacement GKP & Left back is all thats really needed.

True that. Essentially, no matter what price is offered, selling De Gea is a mistake. It's like Chelsea selling Courtois and keeping Petr Cech. Try to get Courtois, if Chelsea will sell, or Timo Horn/Marc Andre ter Stegen.

Also, if you can, recall Powell from loan and play him. Loans don't work out well, and frankly, he's a monster. Evra's performances will start declining, you might wanna get a LB as stated before like Shaw or Alex Sandro.

You sold De Gea and brought in an inferior keeper ten years older than him? Big mistake. If you think 35m was a good price, then you should see how much he's worth on my save, one season on...

Shaw is a good call for LB, along with possibly keeping an eye out for regens who can bolster your team. I prefer playing a young team as opposed to buying older players - the oldest lad in my 1st XI is Evans at 28, and even then I've started to replace him with Matthias Ginter.

If I was you as well, I'd give Adnan a lot of game time.
-10 potential
on this patch (14.3)

Another good player and a fantastic RVP replacement is Timo Werner, although you've probably missed the window to sign him and he's now probably worth over 25m.

It's like Chelsea selling Courtois and keeping Petr Cech.

Speaking of which, Chelsea did this on my save. Now, they're fighting for Europa football every season.

Last edited:
Agree with previous posters, De Gea is among 3 top GKs in the game.

Speaking of which, Chelsea did this on my save. Now, they're fighting for Europa football every season.

Oh I know, they did it on one of my saves too. They transfer listed him for a measly 10 Million $ in the 3rd window. Bought him to sell at a profit, because I quite like De Gea more..