Man United - Too much like real life. HELP NEEDED !!

jambler

Reaction score
On my first season with United and im not enjoying it atol. Tactics I used last year with great success are not working and my team are starting to look like Moyes's squad. Unable to take chances and woeful at the back.

I am playing between two formations. A 4-4-2 with high wingers and a 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards. Neither are working for me and my strikers Rooney and RVP have scored one goal between them. My goals have come from Hernandez and Welbeck as subs.

Here are come screenshots of players in formation and instructions. Please feel free to rip the team apart with suggestions. I am going crazy at how a half decent squad with what i thought were proven tactics could be so bad.

How were the Tactics working Last Year as this is your 1st season in the Game?
By Last Year you mean in FM 13?
The 4-2-4 looks OK with the Instructions. Just a change would be to go for Go Route One instead of Direct Passing and also Untick Work Ball into Box. With Man Utd if you are Playing a Left sided Winger in your Formation then I recommend to sign a Left footed Winger like Gaitan, Griezmann, or Andre Ayew.
As for the 4-2-3-1, Well first of all 6 players on Attack Duty combined with Much Higher Defensive Line and Be More Expressive and all the Players are then Congested in a Space of about 25-30 Yards in and around your at the Beginning of the Opponents half. Would recommend Striker role to be CF(S) with the IF's on (S) as well. Keep the AP as he is but change the CM roles to be either a DLP or CM(S)....
Hope all this actually helps.............

Both approaches suffer form the fact they are one dimensional in how they attack. They don't create space, given that many teams will defend deep against United. Too many players on attack roles, not enough recycling of the ball, not dragging defenders out of space, too predictable and very easy to counter. I would stat by removing all the team instructions, you have too many and some actually conflict a little with the roles you give. What kind of style are you trying to play?

Sorry i was meaning last year FM13.

With regards to you suggestions for the 4-2-3-1 tactic. By putting the IF & CF on support wont that bring them further back to the half way line further congesting the area you are talking about?

I have signed Luke Shaw with the intention of playing him on the left wing. I have read people say he is a revelation on the left side both further up the field and at left back.

I want to play super attacking football. I won the premiership 6 in a row last year and im confused whats changed.

Could you post the screen shots again, mate? I'm not able to view 'em.

For the 424 formation, carrick is better as a deep lying playmaker defend, he'll just sit back and dictate, also fellaini doesnt have good enough stats to play as an AP better as a B2B, and put rooney on DLF (S)

Basically for the 424 formation, I would swap carrick and fellaini and put carrick on dlp with support. Fellaini just doesn't have attributes good enough for ap. And, yeah, would put Rooney on DLF, he's much better at that role.