TomCampbe11

Reaction score
So this thread became quite popular on FM14. Starting a save with Man United again.

Introduction to the series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvUU2xI5qgU

THE TEAM

GK:
De Gea
Lindegaard
Johnstone

DR:
Rafael

DL:
Shaw

DC:
Jones
Evans
Rojo
Smalling
Keane (out on loan)

DM/MC:
Carrick
Blind

MC:
Herrera
Fellaini
Cleverley (out on loan)
Fletcher
Anderson
Powell (out on loan)

AMC:
Mata
Januzaj
Lingard

AML:
Di Maria
Young

AMR:
Valencia
Nani (out on loan)
Zaha (out on loan)

ST:
Falcao
RVP
Rooney
Hernandez (out on loan)
Wilson
Henriquez (out on loan)

TACTICS

I'll be playing with a 4231:

----------GK----------
CWB--DC--DC--CWB
----BWM----DLP------
W/IF----AP-----W/IF
----------CF-----------

or a 41221 (433):

----------GK----------
CWB--DC--DC--CWB
---------DM----------
-----AM----BBM-----
W/IF------------W/IF
-------CF/TM--------

TRANSFERS

Outs:
I'll probably look to sell the following in the first window:
Lindegaard (wages quite high for a rubbish second choice keeper)
Smalling (granted he's only 24 and English, I just think there are better options out there)
(Maybe) Fellaini (Not a huge fan and again, I think there's better options. If I don't sell him this season, I will definitely, next season)
Fletcher. Old and injury prone.
Anderson. Simply not good enough.
Lingard (out on loan)
Young (High wages and at the wrong end of his twenties)
Valencia (Better options out there and he starts with a reasonable value)
RVP (Old, high wages and starts with a reasonable value)
Wilson (out on loan)

Ins:
Lindegaard replacement. Preferably young, cheap and with a high potential.
LB. Youngster. Shaw back up. Happy to sit on the bench.
RB. Youngster. Rafael back up. Happy to sit on the bench.
Centre back. World-beater. Someone around the age of 22-25. Someone to come straight into the team with Jones.
Centre back. Wonderkid that will happily sit on the bench and be a back up CB to start off with.
Centre mid/defensive mid. Long term Carrick replacement. Youngster with bags of potential. Big and strong.
Centre mid. Ball winner. A more technical version of Fellaini.
Attacking centre midfielder. DLP/AM. Youngster/WK. First team player to rotate with Herrera.
AMC. WK to back up Mata and Rooney (if I play Rooney in the hole). Retraining Januzaj on the left.
AMR. First team starter. World builder or a stepping stone to one. Winger or Inside Forward.
AMR. Wonderkid. Future leading winger.
ST. Wonderkid. Long term first choice.
Any other cheap wonderkids.

Any recommendations?

You can buy South African keeper Itumeleng Khune from Kaizer Chiefs, he is not young but has better stats than Lindegaard and is available around £900k and you already have Milinkovic coming in next season. For RB bring De Sciglio, he can be brought around £25 mill. i know that is expensive but he can play on both the wings and can be better than Rafael or bring in Clyne or Danillo and even Jones can play as a RB. You don't need any backup for LB 'coz you already have Rojo and Blind for that position. For world beater CB, bring Benedikt Howedes for around 17 mill. He is already a world class and he can also play as RB and LB but for some reason the scouts show that Howedes is not interested in coming to Man Utd. but you can make a offer and they will acccept it and after that Howedes will accept the contract. For wonderkid backup CB, bring Balanta for around 7 or 8 mill. and remove loan back clause and Balanta will not negotiate the contract until it is removed and he can also play as LB and be a starter after Howedes becomes old. For DM, bring Lucas Romero for around 10 mill. and he can be starter for your team from the go and rotate him alongside Blind. For Ball winner CM bring Goretzka who has great physical stats and like you said technical version of Fellaini. For ACM, you should bring in Tielemans or James Ward-Prowse. For AM, you already have Rooney and Mata which should be enough and you can also play Januzaj there but if you need another one you can bring Tomas Martinez from River Plate for 5 mill. For first team starter AMR, bring Eduardo Salvio for around 17 mill. he is one of the dark horse i have seen in this year's FM. For wonderkid AMR, i would say bring Hirving Lozano from Pachuca for 9.5 mill. or Deulofeu. Both are great and are future leading AMR. For striker, you already have Wilson but for other options look for Barbosa or Fierro, both are great.

gk - Scuffet- hadzikic Rulli
rb- vrsaljko - gino peruzzi- mayke
lb- no idea i usualy get rodriguez but he wont be a back up for shaw.
cb - Balanta first team - stones - vallejo
cb back up romagnoli
CM- lucas romero ,
Cm- Saul - prowse
amc Ganso only 3.5m / back up wonderkid Coric or halilovic
AMR first team Lucas moura
Amr- wonderkid chikh
ST- wonderkid Munir Bonazzoli- berardi- Dybala(3,3m)
DM - lucas silva- ruben neves

which united players to sell ?

"must sell" type ?
If You play one striker sell Rooney. sell Smalling, Fellaini, Evans, Anderson, Lindegaard, Valencia, Young to get your finances on track and free up money for younger talents

Team is now:

GK:
De Gea
Perrin

Happy with my keepers. Savic, Pereira and Johnstone to choose from as 3rd choices. Maybe a 5 star potential, regen in the near future.

DR:
Rafael
Peruzzi

Peruzzi is a stop gap. He was cheap and only 22. Rafael has just signed a new deal as well. Looking for a wonderkid or if not, a regen.

DL:
Shaw
Maksimovic

Same as Peruzzi, Maksimovic is also a stop gap. Cheap and young as well. Looking for a wonderkid, if not a regen.

DC:
Jones
Evans
Alvarez-Balanta
Rojo

Jones and Balanta I plan to keep. Evans and Rojo to be replaced by a leading centre back and a wonderkid or regen.

DM/MC:
Carrick
Lucas Romero
Blind
Fellaini

Fellaini will go asap. He's poor and keeps moaning. Carrick is getting old. Blind will only ever be back up. Looking for a leading defensive midfielder and a wonderkid.

MC/AMC:
Pogba
Mata
Herrera

Over time, even though I love him, Herrera will fall away. Mata has a few more years in him before I think about cashing in. Pogba is the man! Looking for a wonderkid AMC.

AML:
Di Maria
Januzaj
Ould-Chikh

Happy with the left hand side. Will eventually cash in on Di Maria before he gets too old.

AMR:
Reus
Januzaj
Bittencourt

Also happy with the right hand side.

ST:
Rooney
Falcao
RVP

I'll cash in on RVP as he's getting old at the end of the season. Debating whether it's worth buying out Falcao as he's SO expensive. Rooney has been playing well, is versatile and English. Looking for a wonderkid and a leading striker, if I decide to opt against buying Falcao.

Any recommendations?

What you done with James Wilson mate he is a beast on my united save

What you done with James Wilson mate he is a beast on my united save

Sorry for the late reply. He's still with the club!

Team is now:

GK
De Gea
(Regen)

DR
Rafael
(Regen)

DL
Shaw
Robertson

DC
Zouma
Varane
Balanta
Jones
(Regen)

DM/MC
Strootman
Blind (Looking to sell and need a replacement)

MC
Pogba
Lucas Romero

MC/AMC
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Tielemans

AMR
Sterling
Traore

AML
Januzaj
Brandt

ST
Lukaku
Munir
Wilson
(Regen)

Look at Kondogbia as a replacement for Blind....

Been playing Kondogbia and Pogba in CM, absolutely bossing it