chriscool91

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just writing to find out what you guys did in the first season who to sell/buy with the starting budget (33.5M) trying to sell Ashley Young no one seems to want him, just want some ideas/tips.

Thanks guys

I sold kagawa,young,cleverly,Anderson,buttner,macheda and bought koke,konoplyanka,shaqiri

I sold anderson and Young, bought balanta, romero and Tadic, loaned balanta and romero back to their respective clubs, then in the january transfer window i bought fierro and again loaned him back, and i also picked up ayew for a cheap 6m

Keep cleverly and Kagawa, hes worth ?40m+ if you play him enough this season and cleverly is actually a decent player, and you get more for him in the future,

I found can only sell young at the very start of game within 1st couple days of taking job I offer to clubs 7.5m and everton or Leverkusen always bid sold kagawa 25m to arsenal cleverly to spurs 10m Anderson to ac Milan 7.5m buttner to stoke 4m and macheda to Swansea 1m. Then bought koke for 12.75m release clause konoplyanka 18m and shaqiri 17.5m. End of second season will get rid of evra,ferdienand,vidic,carrick,Valencia and buy shaw,mangala,reus and gundogan.

im 4 seasons into my united save and reus you have no hope and I won the CL 3times Lge 2times Lge cup 3 times Fa cup once and he isn't intrested at all I'd keep carrick hes quality if you want a consistent If like reus get draxler hes immense or pastore

I was planning on playing a midfield-/striker-heavy tactic, so I sold Anderson to Southampton (7.5m), Valencia to AS Monaco (24.5m), Cleverley to Dortmund (30.5m), and Buttner to PSV (7.25m). Couldn't get rid of Ashley Young! Total: 69.75m

Brought in Will Hughes (9.75m), Eder Alvarez Balanta (15m), Morgan Schneiderlin (11m), Paul Pogba (35.5m), and Alex Sandro (12m). Total: 83.25m

The tactic worked out pretty well first season. Second season, after a few tactical tweaks, I brought in Isco (40m) and Gino Peruzzi (16.25m), and FINALLY sold Ashley Young to Norwich (8.5m) and Fabio to OM (9.75m). Third season I brought in Erik Lamela (29m) and sold 32-year-old RVP to Man City (30m).

im 4 seasons into my united save and reus you have no hope and I won the CL 3times Lge 2times Lge cup 3 times Fa cup once and he isn't intrested at all I'd keep carrick hes quality if you want a consistent If like reus get draxler hes immense or pastore
I have signed Reus on loads of different saves as utd and other prem clubs.

Guess its just my fm saves then as he never wants to join as its not in his career path :p

Guess its just my fm saves then as he never wants to join as its not in his career path :p
Keep trying mate, if I can do it on my new save will post screenies. Glad your utd save going well hope my new one does the same :)

Keep trying mate, if I can do it on my new save will post screenies. Glad your utd save going well hope my new one does the same :)

In the saves you're able to buy, Dortmund must've dropped out, or you're unlikely to get him, especially in England because of his career plans. 'Would prefer not to play in England'.

Similarly you can also buy Messi *if* Barcelona drop out and you have the financial power.

Sent from my C2104 using Tapatalk

I sold Fabio, rafeal replaced them with Walker and Taylor
End of first season, I sold de gea, Anderson, fletcher and Ferdinand, I bought Valdes (free) and Dembele.
Sold Kagawa part way through second season, and got Etoo on a free
I keep Young and has a good second season
With Man Utd its worth developing young players, Powell, Juanazaj, Cole, Keane, Varela, Henriques, Johnstone, Amos

I never, ever sell Rafael, since he's outstanding. In the first season, I sold Hernandez for around 40 Million $ to Arsenal. And brought in Draxler, Luke Shaw and Timo Werner. You don't really need strengthening in other places. Kagawa is excellent in attacking mid positions, so I'd keep him.

In the 2nd season, I bought in Lamela (sold Nani for 80 Million $ to Chelsea, and van Persie for 50 Million $ to Real Madrid), Alex Sandro, Stephan El Shaarawy, Balanta and Aleksandar Mitrovic. I generally play a single striker, with an attacking mid, 2 attacking wingers, 2 CM and 4 defenders.

You don't need to make major changes, but shaw/balanta for left back, Julian Brandt on a free, Andreas barberis for 100k, get rid off dead weight like Anderson, buttner, macheda. Youth players like Pearson, henriquez, januzaj, keane, lingard all top out to be top players. Nani is my only doubt though he's too inconsistent but pops up with a match winning goal every now and again. Lewandowski is available on a free in January but the likes of city, barca and bayern are all over him as well and his agent is a hateful man so it's difficult