yulred507

Reaction score
Have done some moves in the first month, and come out with positive results in the friendlies (2-1 PSG and 3-2 Napoli).
Sold:
Nani - Swap for Verane (think i could have gotten more)
Anderson - PSG 16m £ in installments
Young - Arsenal 20m
£

Brought In:
Fellaini - 23m
£

Wondering what other moves I should carry out. Looking for a WBL, AML.
I am considering selling Fletcher, Welbeck, RVP (if needed - heard he gets injured a lot). I don't have much funds left, so I'll prob have to sell to buy more.

Alaba for left wing. He is a beast. If you want you can try getting lamela for AML... If you have the funds :p Considering you're ManU I think you should have sufficient after your sales... If you could show what tactics you use, that could help... I am just giving opinion on the players that have work for me :p

I tried for Alaba, but he failed his medical :S I didn't know that could happen.
I'll look into Lamela.

Going with a 4-4-2 instead of my 4-2-2-2 (2 DMs, 2 wingers) for now because Jones is hurt. Tried Fellaini with Carrick, but I don't feel like Carrick is a good enough defensive DM.
Most recent lineup used (4-4-2)
De Gea
Evra/Vidic/Ferdinand/Raphael
Giggs/Carrick/Fellaini/Valencia
Rooney/RVP

Ideally, I'll want:

De Gea
Evra/Vidic/Verane/Raphael
(NEW AML)/Jones/Fellaini/(NEW AMR)
Rooney/RVP

I'll post SS when I play next.

i bought Griezmann as you can activate his release clause for just over £20million so you dont pay over the odds, and you dont need a new AMR Valencia is amazing!

I think someone said if you fire your physios you can get a player in even if injured - don't blame me if it doesn't work.

If you are using LFCMarshalls latest update, get Andi Weiman from Villa. He becomes really good. In 2015, Arsenal bought him off me for £25mil.

You can get Lamela at 20million or less and he is a real beast... Maybe not so much on your first season but he will shine later on XD Alaba failed medical? Thats weird? You can try mattia di sciglio on LB although he is RB but he does rather well on the LB as well XD

Alaba will fail a medical at the start but i picked him up in the middle of august and he was fine

Sign Leon Goretzka or Lucas Romero, both are g8 CM can replace Carrick easily.

So i restarted ( didn't feel i got value for Nani) and did the following after reading a few other threads:

Out:
Nani - 25 m euros (Chelsea)
Welbeck - 20 m euros (PSG)
Anderson - 13 m euros (PSG)

In:
Verane - 20 m euros
Papadopoulos - 14.5 m euros
Rodriguez - 23.5 m euros
Alaba - 10 m + 10m installments euros

I had to wait on alaba until mid-august until he starts recovering from his injury (switch from red to yellow)

I have 1.5-2 weeks until end of the transfer window.

Tried to offer Young (25m euros was offered immediately by Real Madrid, but the idiot didn't agree on a contract).
Offered him slightly lower, but all Arsenal could offer was a 7.5m up front, with 14.5m over 48 months.
If i can offload him, I might make a run on a right wingback/winger to back up raphael/valencia.
I'm trying to offload evans too (i have verane, papadoupoulos now, with smalling and jones coming back from injury).

Playing a 4-2 (DMS)-2 (WINGERS)-1(AMC)-1(STRIKER) (counter,fluid), and it's worked well. Beat Real Madrid in a pre-season friendly, and handily beat Fulham in my first game.
Formation is:
De Gea
Carrick/Papadopoulos
Kagawa/Valencia
Rooney
Hernandez (RVP is hurt)

Gonna start easing in Alaba (still recovering from injury) and Rodriguez, and rotate Verane in.
I'll let you know how the end of the transfer window goes.

I'd Maybe think about selling Rooney. Bring in Jovetic for Rooney's position. Jovetic s a great DLF or around that area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have thought about it, but it's definitely a hard sell.
His composure and mood hasn't been great, but he also scored a hat-trick in our first EPL game.
Fans backlash if I don't perform is another thing.
I was thinking of maybe off-loading RVP because he's injury prone, but he just got re-injured, so I think it might be hard to sell him.

I have thought about it, but it's definitely a hard sell.
His composure and mood hasn't been great, but he also scored a hat-trick in our first EPL game.
Fans backlash if I don't perform is another thing.
I was thinking of maybe off-loading RVP because he's injury prone, but he just got re-injured, so I think it might be hard to sell him.

If you offload RVP don't bring in Jovetic unless your willing to play Rooney as your main striker. Jovetic is incredibly good as a DLF. Maybe look at Lewandowski, Bony or Admelison to play as a straight swap for RVP. Falcao even?

So i restarted ( didn't feel i got value for Nani) and did the following after reading a few other threads:

Out:
Nani - 25 m euros (Chelsea)
Welbeck - 20 m euros (PSG)
Anderson - 13 m euros (PSG)

In:
Verane - 20 m euros
Papadopoulos - 14.5 m euros
Rodriguez - 23.5 m euros
Alaba - 10 m + 10m installments euros

I had to wait on alaba until mid-august until he starts recovering from his injury (switch from red to yellow)

I have 1.5-2 weeks until end of the transfer window.

Tried to offer Young (25m euros was offered immediately by Real Madrid, but the idiot didn't agree on a contract).
Offered him slightly lower, but all Arsenal could offer was a 7.5m up front, with 14.5m over 48 months.
If i can offload him, I might make a run on a right wingback/winger to back up raphael/valencia.
I'm trying to offload evans too (i have verane, papadoupoulos now, with smalling and jones coming back from injury).

Playing a 4-2 (DMS)-2 (WINGERS)-1(AMC)-1(STRIKER) (counter,fluid), and it's worked well. Beat Real Madrid in a pre-season friendly, and handily beat Fulham in my first game.
Formation is:
De Gea
Carrick/Papadopoulos
Kagawa/Valencia
Rooney
Hernandez (RVP is hurt)

Gonna start easing in Alaba (still recovering from injury) and Rodriguez, and rotate Verane in.
I'll let you know how the end of the transfer window goes.

You should bring Peruzzi to cover Raphael, also he becomes better than Raphael. Instead playing Kagawa as AML, play him as AMC, he does well at that position and play Rodriguez as AML due to his dribling, passing and creativity.

You should bring Peruzzi to cover Raphael, also he becomes better than Raphael. Instead playing Kagawa as AML, play him as AMC, he does well at that position and play Rodriguez as AML due to his dribling, passing and creativity.

Thanks!
I looked up Peruzzi and he shouldn't cost me much. It's either between him and De Sciglia.
I hope Rodriguez pans out as an AML. I'll try him out and see how he fares.

So with not being able to get enough up front funds to fund a Peruzzi or De Sciglia purchase from Young, I swapped him to Arsenal for Oxlaide-Chamberlain. It's a similar player swap, but I like Ox's youth and potential.
Start of the season brought a lot of injuries. Van Persie gets injured a lot, and with Jones only starting his full training, Raphael got injured (Smalling is a weeks away).
Had to play Buttner on the right and Vermilj on the left (Evra was injured too), and they struggled.
Have gone 2 W, 1D, 2 L to start....very unhappy. Gonna have to figure out my tactics and see if I can find something consistent that works. Not happy with goal production so far and defense is porous.
Current starting squad:
GK: De Gea
D: Buttner/Vidic/Papadopoulos/Jones
DM: Carrick/Verane
WL: Rodriguez
AMC: Kagawa
WR: Oxlaide-Chamberlain
ST: Rooney

Subs: Lindergaard, Evans, Cleverley,Vermilj, Giggs, Scholes, Hernandez,
Injured: Ferdinand, Smalling, Alaba, Van Persie, Raphael, Evra

So with not being able to get enough up front funds to fund a Peruzzi or De Sciglia purchase from Young, I swapped him to Arsenal for Oxlaide-Chamberlain. It's a similar player swap, but I like Ox's youth and potential.
Start of the season brought a lot of injuries. Van Persie gets injured a lot, and with Jones only starting his full training, Raphael got injured (Smalling is a weeks away).
Had to play Buttner on the right and Vermilj on the left (Evra was injured too), and they struggled.
Have gone 2 W, 1D, 2 L to start....very unhappy. Gonna have to figure out my tactics and see if I can find something consistent that works. Not happy with goal production so far and defense is porous.
Current starting squad:
D: Buttner/Vidic/Papadopoulos/Jones
DM: Carrick/Verane
AMC: Kagawa
WR: Oxlaide-Chamberlain
ST: Rooney

Subs: Lindergaard, Evans, Cleverley,Vermilj, Giggs, Scholes, Hernandez,
Injured: Ferdinand, Smalling, Alaba, Van Persie, Raphael, Evra

Talk in press about Peruzzi regarding his potential and declare interest, then he will become unsettled and gets transfer listed around 5.75 mill. pounds.

I'll look into Peruzzi at next summer's transfer window.
After the slow start, I revised my tactics and implemented Saatchi's high pressure 4-4-2, outlined here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ure-attacking-tactic-top-teams-underdogs.html

Took a couple of games to get used to it (implementing new tactics after 3 games is not ideal), but came out with a 4-1 home win against Tottenham who were a top the league.
Went on a streak, and took home manager /goal of the month.
I'm still getting a bunch of injuries (looked it up in forums, and a lot of people seem to be getting an unusual amount of injuries in FM13).
With that tactic, playing the following:
Defense: Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Raphael
DM: Carrick, Jones
WR: Oxlaide
AF:Hernandez
CF:Rooney

Injuries: Van Persie (gets injured too easily, gonna sell him in the summer), Valencia, Papadopoulos
DMs tend to get tired and have hard time regaining condition, so i swap in Verane.
Alaba is regaining fitness, and I'm gonna start using him at FBL soon.

So safe to say, implementing Sacchi's 4-2-2-2 (outlined in the link in the previous post), and being patient, is paying off.
I have gone through several big fixtures (Man City Home (2-0), Liverpool Away (2-0), Champs Lge Group Stages), and am currently atop the league (chelsea are 2 pts back with a game in hand), and through to the knockout stages.
Players are coming back from injuries, and the players i brought in in the off-season are incorporating very well.
I'm heading into a week where I am playing Arsenal on Sunday, and Chelsea on Wed., so it should determine my position heading into the Christmas break.
My preferred lineup at the moment is:
De Gea
Alaba/Vidic/Verane/Raphael
Carrick/Jones
Rodriguez/Oxlaide-Chamberlain
Hernandez/Rooney(DLF)
Injuries: Van Persie, Ferdinand, Valencia, Papadopoulos

What I have noticed is that players do not regain their condition as quickly as before, especially the DMs. So i am having to assign rest after a game to certain key players. But it has worked well before big games.
In the next summer, I am definitely going to look into getting another DM, AML, WBL, WBR and F for my rotation.
I will let you know how the big week goes.