Man Utd 4-4-2/4-2-4 Player role and instructions advice

trickydicky17

Reaction score
I am playing as MUFC and have a 4 man midfield, well it depends how you see it, my wide men are a inside forward and a winger, but they seem to be playing well. its my central duo that i just cant decide how i want to play.
Yes, a central duo do get over run, they get outnumbered so many times and its probably not the best idea to use a duo, instead of a trio, but i do. i prefer this way and im just looking to find a balance to my team tactics, but i don't have to much time to try variants of my formation as i am middle of a season and its close at the top of the league.

I play Rooney and Pogba in central Midfield.
Rooney plays as a Box-to-Box Midfielder(Support)
Pogba plays as a Deep Lying Playmaker(Defend)

Player Instructions
B2B(S) - Shoot More Often, Get further Forward, More Riskier Passes, Move into channels, Roam from Position.
DLP(D) - Shoot Less often, Hold Position, Shorter Passes.

I get that the Rooney Role & instructions probably shouldn't work together, but they do and its working for me as it is. Its just that i'm not 100% sure on the combo of this midfield duo. I'm just wondering what peoples opinions are suggestions are to try playing this players as a midfield duo. I was wondering what would it be like to play both as DLP? or as simple as Central Midfielders?

What would people suggest? How would you play Rooney and Pogba in midfield???

I'd probably try Rooney as CMs with hold position instruction, you don't want either of them leaving their positions really to roam or close down much.