Man Utd 5-0 Birmingham

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Rampant Manchester United crush Birmingham as Dimitar Berbatov hit a hat-trick with Ryan Giggs in masterful form.

More...

At least we came back with a good performance at home.

Will be watching this on MOTD.

Great result for United, Berbatov performing well again it seems :p

Did you really have to put the score in the topic line? That has kind of ruined my MotD fix for tonight a bit! :p

Did you really have to put the score in the topic line? That has kind of ruined my MotD fix for tonight a bit! :p

Its a BOT.

Don't come on here if you don't want the results...

Fantastic performance, and if Nani wasn't so greedy and wasn't so poor with his finishing today (despite scoring) it could have been even worse from Brum..

meh we played alot of reserves and I think Ridgewell has confirmed why he cant play centrehalf.
We need to play jiranek in the centre and put ridgewell back out left if we want to go to wembley

That makes Berbatov the 3rd player in Premiership history to score 3 hat-tricks in a season.
The other two being Ruud Van Nistelrooy and Alan Shearer.

Good performance today, Giggs was magical. berba is class, and Nani looked lively, Lets get this momentum going now.

Meh. I'd take a twatting here and a win on Wednesday.

Didn't see Fahey's miss, has anyone got a link for a video? x

Fantastic performance, always looked liked scoring when we attacked and Berba was outstanding again today so was Giggs who put in another great performance. Nani wasted some good chances but still put in a good performance and hopefully we can do the same to Blackpool in the week :) Still Unbeaten!!!!!

giggs was playing like he was still 20, berba was at another level, rooney was industrious once agin, nani showing quality. united to win the title !!!!

Superb performance. Whole team played well and that first half was joy to watch. It was vintage United. I love the tag "The Entertainers" that was used long back. Hope we become the team of late 90s once again with more European success.

VDS: He has got at least one more season in him. Shouldn't retire. The way he starts counter attack is excellent.
O'shea: Played wee and had 2 assists (If Nani goal is considered as O'shea assist). Couldn't ask more

Smalling: He has all the tools to become top CB and considering his performances this season, 7Million is money well spent. His range of passing is amazing for a CB and really a threat from Set piece.

Nani: That was Ronaldoesque. Nani of past would have given up when he missed so many shots. But Ronaldo would never give up, this is what really changed in Nani. His confidence. He was excellent and would have had an assist had Rooney scored that point blank header.

Giggsy: One of our promising youngster and never let us down. Absolute joy to watch. Him dribbling past players is always joy to watch.

Rooney: I dont mind him not scoring as along as he produces the performances like this. Already 9 assists this season even after missing so much. He is making us tick. He is the main man. With him we play like Champions and he bring best out of everyone.

Berbatop: 17 league goals, 3 hat tricks, nuff said. His tackling for third goal was hilarious and his work rate is very good this season. Berbatov's doesn't work hard is just myth. He works so much and he is classy player.

Anderson played well and this was one of Gibson's good performance. The way he slotted for Carrick was very pleasing. Didnt try to shoot from stupid distance, instead played like proper CM. Hope this is start for his turnaround.

The attacking four (nani, rooney, giggs and berba) were irresistible going foward, it was a very enjoyable match and i can only hope we can carry that same attacking mentality into the knockout stages of the CL

I hated Nani in this game, was so frustrating to watch but fair play to him for getting on the score sheet. I have to say though, if I missed all those chances and my crossing was **** for 70 mins.. if I scored I would not run around pointing to the back of my shirt :p