Man Utd boss Ferguson ends BBC boycott

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K
I guess this is the difference between sports in America and sports in Europe. In America you are required to speak to the press no matter what, and if you don't you get heavily fined (the league obviously wants its managers and players to talk to the media for commercial reasons). Doesn't matter if the media are critical of you or not.

he does get fined, he's picked nearly 80k in fines. Neither SAF or United care.

he does get fined, he's picked nearly 80k in fines. Neither SAF or United care.

Interesting, although in the US if you did that for 6 years it would probably be much more than 80k...I think the fines are in the thousands per game, the leagues take it extremely seriously. Also, journalists go into the locker room after the game and that's where most of the interviews with the players are done. Much different than in Europe, where the dressing room is a private place for the players.

Interesting, although in the US if you did that for 6 years it would probably be much more than 80k...I think the fines are in the thousands per game, the leagues take it extremely seriously. Also, journalists go into the locker room after the game and that's where most of the interviews with the players are done. Much different than in Europe, where the dressing room is a private place for the players.

How it should be. Dressing room should always be private and what happens in dressing room should never come out. It should stay in dressing room.

How it should be. Dressing room should always be private and what happens in dressing room should never come out. It should stay in dressing room.

I agree, though the above sounds a bit gay lol.

Back