Not first season, you may want to buy now though so your not desperate for one next season.

Nah. Rio and Vidic and complementary to each other and quality, and Evans is a very capable backup.

Evans turns out to be quality after a few seasons, and Rafael CAN turn out quality after three or four seasons.

Personally, I'd focus on signing a quality winger, centre midfielder, and goalkeeper.

Brown is also strangely very good. For me he performs just as well as Vidic. Buy a young, quick ball playing defender to replace Rio.

Not in the first season but in the second you will need to get:

De Gea £17.5 M release Clause, Sakho £20m and A striker and a CM i.e. Hamsik...

I signed GARY CAHILL £10m was this a wise move ???

it was start of season 1 now im in my 3rd sason and my defence set up is..........

RB---RAFAEL/ROMARIO
CB---VIDIC/CAHILL/EVANS/SMALLING/RIO
LB---EVRA/FABIO

Im looking to replace rio n vidic as they 33 n 30 now also evra is 30 so need replacing any ideas??

I think you should buy a couple like Sebastian coates 2.4m and leonel galeano 6.25m

fm filby said:
I signed GARY CAHILL £10m was this a wise move ???

it was start of season 1 now im in my 3rd sason and my defence set up is..........

RB---RAFAEL/ROMARIO
CB---VIDIC/CAHILL/EVANS/SMALLING/RIO
LB---EVRA/FABIO

Im looking to replace rio n vidic as they 33 n 30 now also evra is 30 so need replacing any ideas??

If you have brought fabio up well then you dont really need a new left back, as you could put fabio as main LB and evra as back up.

Vidic would still be a good defender for the next season or so at 30, and rio you should look at a replacement possible david luiz?

personally i would not have 5 CB i would have 4 and if need be play a promising youth player if any injuries happen.